X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subscribed...
    Reminiscing...

Comment

Fid - I already sent him a link to lee's site. But, Lee lists them as fitting 15'ers. So I think we are good, but a quick test fit with the template will prove the spokes clear.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Hmm, looks like my fears were unfounded. I actually may be very interested in those... Is the $700 with or without shipping, out of curiosity?

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

I don't want to set a price in stone at the moment, but my target right now is $700 will include shipping...

I have talked with my machinist and have to make a decision about welding the holes.

It will be required to weld at least one hole to make a redrill possible. This is a VERY labor intensive process.

To keep cost low I am suggesting to weld only the two necessary holes and use center caps. In the final break down I will add a fee to have all the holes welded if you want it.

Also, the prices are for sets, but break down will include an extra wheel fee.

A new thread will be created with the following break down (suggestions are welcome)

-One set of wheels, plus center caps.
          -fifth wheel price
          -sixth wheel price
          -$150 allowance for packing and shipping... buyer will be billed anything beyond that amount
          -If I run out of center caps you get a $35 discount, or if you do not want them.
          -"Weld all holes" fee this is not necessary for function but if you want it you can have it ( this will probably be $50 extra per four wheel set)
          -I can get most brands of tires but this will be a case by case thing and will likely double shipping costs due to weight.
          -Handjobs free of charge from Blunt.

Comment

Originally posted by kylebes1 View Post
            I don't want to set a price in stone at the moment, but my target right now is $700 will include shipping...

I have talked with my machinist and have to make a decision about welding the holes.

It will be required to weld at least one hole to make a redrill possible. This is a VERY labor intensive process.

To keep cost low I am suggesting to weld only the two necessary holes and use center caps. In the final break down I will add a fee to have all the holes welded if you want it.

Also, the prices are for sets, but break down will include an extra wheel fee.

A new thread will be created with the following break down (suggestions are welcome)

-One set of wheels, plus center caps.
            -fifth wheel price
            -sixth wheel price
            -$150 allowance for packing and shipping... buyer will be billed anything beyond that amount
            -If I run out of center caps you get a $35 discount, or if you do not want them.
            -"Weld all holes" fee this is not necessary for function but if you want it you can have it ( this will probably be $50 extra per four wheel set)
            -I can get most brands of tires but this will be a case by case thing and will likely double shipping costs due to weight.
            -Handjobs free of charge from Blunt.
            I'm in for a free handjob from Blunt before this thing even gets rolling.

On a serious note, I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of the completed product and pricing.
            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

The funniest thing about this thread is that "blunt" searches for his name every day. BLUNT BLUNT BLUNT BLUNT He'll post up here soon I guess.

I'd be interest in how good your welder is, and what the inside hub looks like after - I, myself, like the center cap-less look on those rims. Any chance on getting one wheel done and posting pics? That might be too much to ask?

I'd love it if the guy could over fill the holes, and then machine down the face of the hub - but honestly, that is a small detail I could totally live without.
              Last edited by george graves; 02-09-2009, 01:52 PM.
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

The white e30 was mine. It had e30 m3 5-lug with these e38 16x8 style 5 bbs wheels. As far as fitment they were perfect!

The white e30 in the garage photoshoot was a guy from e30tech, but the wheels were the exact same.

I also think 700 is a bit steep because these wheels can be picked up for nearly nothing and taken to a reputable machine shop to perform the same work.

I think getting one set done and testing them in a safe place and reporting on them would be a good idea like you mentioned.
                Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Very interesting. I want these on my e30 really bad. It would be really tough for me to get rid of my euroweaves though.

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                    Very interesting. I want these on my e30 really bad. It would be really tough for me to get rid of my euroweaves though.
                    FINE! I'll help you out and buy the euroweaves. Only for a fellow r3v'er though ;)
                    turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
                    Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                      The funniest thing about this thread is that "blunt" searches for his name every day. BLUNT BLUNT BLUNT BLUNT He'll post up here soon I guess.

I'd be interest in how good your welder is, and what the inside hub looks like after - I, myself, like the center cap-less look on those rims. Any chance on getting one wheel done and posting pics? That might be too much to ask?

I'd love it if the guy could over fill the holes, and then machine down the face of the hub - but honestly, that is a small detail I could totally live without.
                      I like the idea!! Good one George.
                      [I

Comment

I can't wait for my set. I should be whoring them by Wednesday. I nearly shot a load when i saw some of the wheels they were working on. I wanted to snap some pics but thought it might look suspicious. Any who i'll be sure to post a vid of me going through one of the worst alleys in so cal (assuming they have not fixed it yet) as fast as i can without cracking my oil pan.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

$700 is looking less and less cheap as people increase their wants.

I will probably be able to sell them $700 SHIPPED if all one wants is a set with center caps, centering rings and only the two necessary holes welded.

We will see and I will be very clear with the pricing.

Thanks for all the interest, keep watching for news.

Kyle

Originally posted by GaryE30 View Post
                          The white e30 was mine. It had e30 m3 5-lug with these e38 16x8 style 5 bbs wheels. As far as fitment they were perfect!

The white e30 in the garage photoshoot was a guy from e30tech, but the wheels were the exact same.

I also think 700 is a bit steep because these wheels can be picked up for nearly nothing and taken to a reputable machine shop to perform the same work.

I think getting one set done and testing them in a safe place and reporting on them would be a good idea like you mentioned.

Comment

For those that had these wheels on their e30s... would i be able to run 245/45 in the rear?

Dave
                            E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Another option for capless driving is to just paint the inner part of the hub matte black. That should cover up the holes to all but the most detailed observer, and I think it would look pretty good too.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

I could potentially be very interested in this, finances allowing.

I would kill for 16x8 weaves.

Comment

Working...
                                X