GA: 740 BBS 16x8 **4x100**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
    From what i've read (beeing that i've only been in manufactuirng engineering for a week) is heat treating is to increase ductility which actually reduces hardness. You can't get have booth. I have a graph of the tradeoff in aluminum that i can scan if you guys are interested.
    Umm, I think you have it backwards. The process of heat treating aluminum is called precipitation hardening. Pure aluminum is too soft to be used in structural applications so it is alloyed and heat treated to improve the metallurgical properties such as corrosion resistence and strength. Most alloyed/heat-treated aluminums are not weldable.

You are thinking of annealing which relieves internal stresses and improves ductility at the expense of strength.

Comment

I'm not trying to kill the idea. make it happen and I'll buy a set.
      S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
      What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
      Originally posted by slammin.e28
      I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Drilling blanks is one thing, but to re drill isn't such a great idea. Even if the core is welded up with the exact same alloy rod and re treated there could be metal structure variances that could only be seen by x-ray and I would be suprized if that was part of the process here.

Comment

how bout getting some of those staggard 750 bbs's?
          sigpic

Comment

Alright, enough with the shits and giggles speculation crap. Go get this done and post up some pics.
            -tim
            Originally posted by Jordan
            I like the stance
            -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Who's white car was it that had the e38 rims? He did a nice shoot in a parking garage? Who was that?

EDIT - Got it: Wait, are these the same rim?

I can't find the parking garage shoot. Anyone?

Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                Who's white car was it that had the e38 rims? He did a nice shoot in a parking garage? Who was that?

EDIT - Got it: Wait, are these the same rim?

I can't find the parking garage shoot. Anyone?

i think his name was Gary E30 or GaryE30.

yes they are the same rim. i have them on my car too, although with caps.

http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                  My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I'm not sure if those are his wheels above but a local guy has BBS RS' just like that.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

The difference is the style5 wheels have an additional small hole between each bolt whole as shown above. I just got off the phone with http://www.motorsport-tech.com/ and they said it would not be a problem and there is enough material to be safe with a 4x100 re drill. They quoted me $65 per wheel. They have been in business for 14 years and would not let a potential lawsuit happed to make $260.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

I'll take a set for 250 shipped please!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

hot rod rat guys and lowrider trucks have been doing it for years, where all scared because someone on R3v will make fun of you because you dont have a "real 5 lug"
                            w/e 700 bucks is kinda steep, but I understand whats the base cost of finding the wheel?

Comment

your gonna need TUNER! wheel studs because that 3mm gap isnt the right side.

IF i had a set i wouldnt be skeerd!
                              mini truck guys do it ALLLL THE TIME!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm on my way to get mine drilled. There are a ton of machine shops near me since all of the engineering firms are located next to each other.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Working...
                                X