Feeler: Carbon Fiber Door Panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADCD875 View Post
    I don't know how I missed this one. Can I still join to this GB? I need one set for the front doors (2 door car). Let me know how do I make payment.

Thanks
    PM sent.

Comment

they look good! can't wait for the next gGB
      Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Frankie View Post
        CF hood would be pretty wonderful.
        Originally posted by Under_Pressure View Post
        I actually want a trunk with the built in lip spoiler.
        If the factory decides to go ahead with other E30 parts, I'll spread the word.

I just did a quick web search on VIS hoods, which normally list for around $680. To my surprise, this place sells them for $408, and also has the cheapest shipping:

Comment

Originally posted by flipper325es View Post
          Thanks for the pics, Nick! That's the same config I'm getting for my track car. Did you use their fastener kits to attach the panels? Or something else?

Yeah, their stuff was designed for track cars. They are interested in expanding their business, and I had several conversations with them about making parts for stock cars, such as full 3D door panels that are formed, rather than cut from CF sheets. We also talked about hoods (bonnets for you :p) and trunks lids, in both race (pins) and street (OE brackets) versions.

Good quality E30 CF hoods in the US are $600-$700, with flimsy ones going for $400-$500. These guys know what they are doing, and have nice equipment. If they can make good hoods for under $500, there may be a market, even with shipping. Especially with a group buy. ;)
          im trying jimmyc from the zones velcro method. after extensive trialling (i slammed the door shut a few times) it seems to be holding very well.

i may put four screws through each front one yet and i haven't decided what im using to pull the door closed with yet so that will probably be screwed through too. probably just leave the rears velcro'd.

i could do with a cf bonnet too but the price will likely put me off. m52 is hopefully going in this winter plus cage, harnesses, buckets and perhaps a home made coilover kit......it all adds up to no money left ;)

Comment

dont mind me ,but those " CF" door cards are ulgy and ricey

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
              dont mind me ,but those " CF" door cards are ulgy and ricey

i would say the same about your wind deflector on your roof. :mrgreen:

each to their own my good man. :)

Comment

Originally posted by nickso View Post
                i would say the same about your wind deflector on your roof. :mrgreen:

each to their own my good man. :)
                I would say the same about your car but in your sig I dont see anything, and btw thats the old car and the wind deflector was oem
                :)

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
                  I would say the same about your car but in your sig I dont see anything, and btw thats the old car and the wind deflector was oem
                  :)

well if thats your old car i dont see anything either.

you dont want to see my car, its pretty council. :D

only jap and and 80's fords have wind deflectors round here.

Comment

The FedEx estimate for my bulk shipment delivery is Nov. 4. I'm out of town early next week, back on the 5th, so individual shipments should go out on Friday Nov. 6.

Sorry for the delay -- it's mostly FedEx's fault, not the factory's. Apparently in the UK, FedEx takes 3 days to pick up, compared to one day in the US. And they are having a postal worker strike there, so everyone is using other means to ship. It took FedEx 6 days to pick up.

Alex

Comment

So i might be gettin these on my bday. Sounds good to me!! Lol
                      -Frank
                      1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
                      1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
                      2001 525i

Comment

If we were to order them now, would these be shipped out from the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by aznbo187 View Post
                          If we were to order them now, would these be shipped out from the UK?
                          Yes, shipped from the factory in the UK, directly to your house. Ask the factory if they would still be willing to give you the 15% GB discount.

Comment

Any way to get a tracking number on direct orders from the factory?

Comment

Originally posted by justin_l_ View Post
                              Any way to get a tracking number on direct orders from the factory?
                              Yep, just shoot them an e-mail: sales@performance-trim.com

Comment

It's here!!!

To my surprise, FedEx attempted delivery today. Of course, there was nobody home to sign for it, but I stopped by their distribution center on my way out of town this afternoon, and shipped the panels out. You should get them Thursday or Friday at the latest.

Another surprise was that the factory packed the fastener kits in separate envelopes and not with the panels (although I understand why), so I'll have to ship them out separately when I return. It will cost me $3.50 per envelope to do that. Since it's my fault for not confirming this sooner, I'm prepared to eat the extra cost. But if those of you with fastener kits decide to PayPal me for the second shipment, I'd be mighty pleased and grateful.

Alex

Comment

Working...
                                X