No announcement yet.

JOM Coilover Group Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would guess that they mean 8kg front 10kg rear, which would not be that oddball

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      i would guess that they mean 8kg front 10kg rear, which would not be that oddball
      or mybe is jus mad tite jdm stif

Comment

No, I think there has to be a different way of calculating the effective spring rate with these springs. Then converting it into lbs.
        Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
          No, I think there has to be a different way of calculating the effective spring rate with these springs. Then converting it into lbs.

I dont know, normal kg are kg/mm. This might be kg/m or something else

Comment

That doesn't sound right, unless the spring rate is calculated differently with these style springs.

890kg = 1962.11 (front)

1030kg = 2270.76 (rear)

I highly doubt those are the real rates. Roughly 2000# front and 2300# rear is too stiff for even a race car. Please have them clarify this, thanks.
            Nigel, I know of which you speak. However (and I could be very wrong on this) I think those wacky yur-o-pee-ons automatically assume the addition of the first decimal place. In other words, it's common for them to write 89.0kg as just 890, 103.0kgs as just 1030. I'm kinda hoping I'm wrong as those rates would seem very soft.

Don't ask me where I got this info, I've killed many brain cells over the years....

Comment

Originally posted by trungie View Post
              PS. I have an M3, so I guess 2 door fitment?
              This on a M3? I can see it for someone that wants low fast. But not on the classic M3.
              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

1 more person thats in and we get the ball rolling. Let me know.
                1991 e30 328i M52 swapped: Gone
                1995 e34 540i/6 1 of 76 Clean
                1985 e28 euro 525i the daily

Comment

ugh, i really want to say ill be the last one. but i dont want to spend money on this and have it turn out really crappy and then kick myself for not going gc. somebody has to have bought these from them and made a review somewhere. the internetsss just so big.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                  my feedback thread

Comment

That doesn't sound right, unless the spring rate is calculated differently with these style springs.

890kg = 1962.11 (front)

1030kg = 2270.76 (rear)

I highly doubt those are the real rates. Roughly 2000# front and 2300# rear is too stiff for even a race car. Please have them clarify this, thanks.
                    You have it a little off. You just converted kgs to lbs without converting the mm to inches.

I'm thinking you are right.
                    8.9kg/mm is 498 lbs/in
                    10.3kg/mm is 577 lbs/in

*edit* Here is a good conversion calculator http://www.hraefn.net/projects/spring_rates.php

Comment

Hey whitey, count me in. I'll try a set for one of my cars.

Comment

Originally posted by erik325i View Post
                        You have it a little off. You just converted kgs to lbs without converting the mm to inches.

I'm thinking you are right.
                        8.9kg/mm is 498 lbs/in
                        10.3kg/mm is 577 lbs/in

*edit* Here is a good conversion calculator http://www.hraefn.net/projects/spring_rates.php
                        Holy stiff. Well I guess the damper quality is moot as they'll never move haha
                        Originally posted by Gruelius
                        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by erik325i View Post
                          Hey whitey, count me in. I'll try a set for one of my cars.
                          Alright! looks like we have 5!

Comment

Im in

Comment

OK list updated.

Lets give it Sunday night to see if we get anymore people and then Ill PM all info to the peeps..

Woohoo.
                              1991 e30 328i M52 swapped: Gone
                              1995 e34 540i/6 1 of 76 Clean
                              1985 e28 euro 525i the daily

Comment

Count me in whitey. Got cash In account

Comment

Working...
                                X