Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruabel2 View Post
    When does the Group Buy end?
    The group buy has been extended for the moment if you are interested and wanting to purchase let me know.
    1991 e30 328i M52 swapped: Gone
    1995 e34 540i/6 1 of 76 Clean
    1985 e28 euro 525i the daily

Comment

i just got an update my set is already at customs in NY
      this makes me quite excited.

Comment

Excellent fast shipping is what I was hoping for.

Comment

how long is the group buy gonna go for?

Comment

I'm interested, you said 380$ shipped. I'm in Canada?
            REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

$380 shipped.

Comment

Very interested, but first a few questions:

What are the spring rates?

Welding, will it come with instructions to insure the ride height is where it should be? Would you recommend taking it somewhere?

Can/Could I weld these myself?

How much lower will the cars height be adjusted too?

Has anyone tested the longevity of this product?

I would like to plan on taking the car to the track with this suspension installed-even though I only go about once a year. You think I'll have a problem?
                Last edited by J0nnyr0ck3t; 11-16-2010, 03:28 PM.
                Practice the study of E30ology.

Comment

I'm in. Where do I go, who do I call? When the CanD $ is up, it's coilover buying time!!

The rates, which I also confirmed elsewhere are:

Originally posted by mightywhitey View Post
                  "Hi, spring rates quoted from the JOM catalogue are 890kg and 1030kg Attached is a big picture. Please remember to state which are saloon and which if any are touring or cabriolet versions when ordering. Thanks. Les"

This is the email that i just relieved from him this morning.
                  Also johnny, if you are planning on going to the track, R3V will tell you that you must have a super track car with KW Variant 3s on it. However, the truth is if you're going to the track once a year, you could use your mother's minivan and still have some fun. I tracked a Smart car last week and even that was fun. (RWD, gokart practically)

I'll share the research that I did on the Interwebz...

via VWVortex and the VDub guys:
                  JOM height adjustable coilovers are (in my opinion) the best budget coilovers out there... i've riden in FK streetlines and was very unimpressed and i've riden in Vmaxx coilovers and was also very unimpressed, I've also ridden in Koni's (i'm a little lower on my JOM's) and the ride difference was basically over large bumps but otherwise it was very very close... i was sort of worried but after some people posted on this thread saying they had the JOM's on their car for 3 years and love them i looked around and found them from http://stores.ebay.co.uk/veedubmachine for 325 shipped (with all strut moutns) i couldnt pass it up.
                  installation was a breeze (with a impact that is) and i hammered my car (as you can see from the pics on my thread, you can barely fit a 1/2 drive ratchet underneath my oil pan... handling is by far improved and very very nice, you cant make the car budge by trying to rock it side to side... highway driving is fine and depending on the size of the bumps around your area the ride isnt bad, but is by far better than FK's and Vmaxx's... oh and my car is lower than when i rode in the others cars... the bouncyness you get will depend on the size of bumps your going over and if you know how to drive (not in the center of the lane, more so that one side of your car is in the center where the road is higher than the sides). i will never look back and say it wasnt money well spend BECAUSE IT WAS, and i will definetally be strapping these on my cars in the future (unless i come into some stupid money)
                  I just recently purchased the JOM 60/60 fully adjustable Coilover setup from AtLastImports and i must say all i get while driving is a big . I bought the coils not having read any reviews and just going off of Joe's word which was good enough for me. The coils are TUV certified, which is related to a more strict Department of transportation here in the states. As for the actual coilovers, they ride super smooth, not too bouncy, but can rip through turns when i crank on the throttle and wheel at the same time. I can say im very pleased with the suspension, and working with AtLast was a pleasure to say the least. They have a very knowledgable staff and i would reccomend them for VW products for sure. The prices are great and the customer service is just as good. Check my signature for the AtLast web page. if you have any more questions about the coilovers, just let me know in this thread.

No pictures of the coils on the car yet, but will have some soon.
                  The car is pretty low, but not on the ground so i dont rip off any oilpans. but i still have about another inch that i could go with them.
                  And the goods.
                  they are just rebadged v-maxx coilovers. i have the fronts in my caddy and they are actually quite good. i wasn't expecting them to be good at all but they are really low and still ride better than most
                  I had a set of Vmaxx on my old GTI. I was afraid they were going to be too bouncy and was very surprised when I installed them. They actually have quite a nice ride even compared to the Bilstein HD's with neuspeed sports that were on the car prior. Have not heard anything in the way of JOM however.
                  The general consensus that I have found from the VW community is that they are an excellent budget way to get sportier and lower.

AN E30 REVIEW, OMGZ WTF BBQ.
                  I spoke to a BMW club member here in Ottawa who has JOM and he said that his girlfriend didn't notice a difference in the car at all, even when he questioned her about it. He was pissed cuz she thought it looked the same, even though it's now about 2.5" lower.
                  Last edited by MaxBell; 11-16-2010, 03:49 PM.

Comment

List updated Max let me know when you actually pay.

Comment

Originally posted by mightywhitey View Post
                      List updated Max let me know when you actually pay.
                      Will do, I some tenants pay me on Thursday so I'll buy Friday.

Also, I put this up on another local forum, MaxBimmer, which I am more involved with here in Ottawa.

Comment

Nice please let us know if there is interest.

Comment

I hope mine show up shortly here. Can't wait to drop this on the project.
                          Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

fuuuuuu im gonna need 2 weeks to have enough to grab these... think the GB will still be on in that time?

Comment

Originally posted by DYMO View Post
                              fuuuuuu im gonna need 2 weeks to have enough to grab these... think the GB will still be on in that time?
                              LOL, gotta love being paid biweekly.

Comment

Im not sure to be honest. He has mentioned keeping it through the end of the month with all the interest but im not sure on supply either.

Comment

Working...
                                X