Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100% Custom LSD's From Precision Gearing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% Custom LSD's From Precision Gearing!

Rob at Precision Gearing has given me the go ahead to start a GB for his fully custom LSD's.

The specs for the GB LSD's are:

Ratio: Any (2.79 to 3.91)
    Clutches: 2
    Lockup: 40%
    Ramps: 45 deg Cut
    Warranty: 5 years Unlimited Miles

188mm

Rob's LSD's are fully polished and built high above factory specs using all military grade hardware. The GB LSD's can handle up to 400HP!!!

Precision Gearing's LSD's are race proven and champion driven!!

Normally a PG LSD built to these specs is $1175.00 each + $200 core charge , but with the GB Rob has given us a 20% discount and is going off the honor system for the cores. The $200 core charge will not be applied in this GB, but you WILL have to send your LSD core back in.

The core can be in ANY condition (rusty, broken, etc..) But your core MUST be an E30 LSD, not open!!!

GB Price: $950.00

We need to sell 11 to make it a GO!

The Price includes the fully built unit, case and all, ready to bolt up into any E30!

Please note your desired ratio, your cars year, model, and OE Differential Ratio.

The List:

1. Overlord475 - 3.64:1 (OE:1989, 325i. 4.10) r3v

***Note: If you are interested in a different model specific LSD (E36, E34, etc...) or a different number of clutches, % Lockup, etc... This can be done but prices will vary.

^^^^^Factory Carrier on Left and Precision Gearing's Custom Billet Carrier on the right

^^^^A Precision Gearing Heavily custom LSD on a 800 WHP Cosworth ypt. The diff is one of Precisions Gearing's signature PROGRESSIVE LOCKING UNITS
    Last edited by Overlord475; 04-29-2011, 09:46 PM.

--->>>1988 SETA 2.7i Build Thread (Turbo Prep)<<<---

How much for 4 clutch rebuild?

How does this work, core etc? Leadtime?
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
      How much for 4 clutch rebuild?

How does this work, core etc? Leadtime?
      Unless you have close to 1000HP you will not need a 4 clutch LSD. Or you have a dedicated high HP track car.

The 2 clutch Group Buy LSD's that Precision Gearing is offering here have much stiffer springs and can handle up to 400HP, and will work great on any E30 as the cars just don't weigh enough to call for more.

Though if you'd like a 4 clutch anyway Pricing is $1525.00 + core.

Core information updated in OP
      Last edited by Overlord475; 04-28-2011, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks! You don't need 1000hp to take advantage of higher lock up diff ;)
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I know, ha. Let me know if you'd like one ;)

Comment

Do you have a link to their website, or maybe some more information?

Comment

How are you achieving 40% lockup? And i assume you're not modifying ramp angles, correct? So is this rebuilt diff including new bearings? New Gears?

Check Us out on Facebook
              Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
              Full Product Line Tuning
              OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Overlord475 View Post
                Please note your desired ratio, your cars year, model, and OE Differential Ratio so that the correct Speedo read out can be retained.
                Uh oh... lets say my car is currently 3.25, and I was to swap in a 3.46. I was previously under the impression that the speedometer would still work correctly. Are you saying that this is not the case?

Also- how quick of a turnaround do these guys have?
                E30 M52B28

Comment

possibly interested
                  ^M52B28^

Comment

i have more than 400hp does it explode?

Comment

Lockup: 40%
                      Looks like they are on eBaY now.

Comment

Unless you have close to 1000HP you will not need a 4 clutch LSD. Or you have a dedicated high HP track car.

The 2 clutch Group Buy LSD's that Precision Gearing is offering here have much stiffer springs and can handle up to 400HP, and will work great on any E30 as the cars just don't weigh enough to call for more.

Though if you'd like a 4 clutch anyway Pricing is $1525.00 + core.

Core information updated in OP
                        Stiffer springs? What? And changing will not affect the speedo at all whatsoever: and again I'll ask how are you able to do "40% lockup" with 2 clutches? Preload the diff more? All thats gonna do is burn the clutches twice as fast. I will end my misinformation rant there

Check Us out on Facebook
                        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                        Full Product Line Tuning
                        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

I am in no way claiming to be a LSD expert! That is Precision Gearing's job. I am just the middle man and most of the technical questions I will have to relay back to Rob.

For the moment I've updated the OP with a few pictures of his work to give you an idea of the quality and some of the insane custom work he's does.

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                            How are you achieving 40% lockup? And i assume you're not modifying ramp angles, correct? So is this rebuilt diff including new bearings? New Gears?
                            "
                            40% lock with 2 clutches is achieved by using special Bellevue springs with more rate, a 6mm spacer and 6mm preload on the bearing carrier. Ramp angles remain the same on these group buy units at this Price. We can cut any ramp angle you need but this takes time and is only useful for racing cars."

-Rob
                            Precision Gearing

Originally posted by rammstein View Post
                            Uh oh... lets say my car is currently 3.25, and I was to swap in a 3.46. I was previously under the impression that the speedometer would still work correctly. Are you saying that this is not the case?

Also- how quick of a turnaround do these guys have?

"Your speed is read by a ring attached to the lsd housing and a speed sensor in the rear cover. As long as you have these parts in your differential and your speed gauge is working the speed will always be correct."

-Rob
                            Precision Gearing

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                              Stiffer springs? What? And changing will not affect the speedo at all whatsoever: and again I'll ask how are you able to do "40% lockup" with 2 clutches? Preload the diff more? All thats gonna do is burn the clutches twice as fast. I will end my misinformation rant there

with ramp angles have been changed to 45deg, increased lockup with stock 2 clutches can be achieved.

also spacers and preload.

EVEN Viscous LSD can be modified from stock with stock parts from 1 way to 1.5 or 2 way, reference VLSD R200 unit in Nissan S13/14/15, J30, etc etc. VERY COMMON in drifting world :) - CHEAP too.

a shim kit to make a stock VLSD nissan unit go from 1 way to 2 way is less than $20. DEALER OEM GENUINE PART!

OEM bmw did a bunch of center units that varied the lockup.

besides the OEM 25% 2 disc

there is OEM 4 disc 40%
                              oem 4 disc 75%

you can reference and dig through dealer info dating back to 1960's for this BMW info.

ZF diff history is back to PORSCHE, this is a unit with a LOT of history and ancient DNA.
                              OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Working...
                              X