Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am i allowed to hop on this!?!?!?!?
    BUYING COILOVERS
    (http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=225426)

Comment

Originally posted by AXMalex View Post
      Why the hell not. PM einstein ASAP.
      Specify what you want and your gmail address so that he can get you an invoice and you can pay.
      » PARTS FOR SALE
      » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

So I know its been covered before in this thread bit we're at almost 30 pages and I'm on my phone right now so what's going to happen if we don't get 50 payments?
        For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
        Originally posted by mbonanni
        I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

He'll honor the gb price later for those who already paid.

Originally posted by yert315
          Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Cool, I'm waiting for the camber plates in the spring so that's all cool.
            I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by mach schnell View Post
              What's the closest we could get to 400f 550r in the "standard" spring length? I don't want to modify my strut housings at all.

Asking this question again.

Comment

Originally posted by johnwoo View Post
                are we close
                So far we have 20 paid and 2 who want to pay in person.

Originally posted by AXMalex View Post
                ADD ME TO THE LIST. Added a link on the first page as well. Make sure you state your screen name so i can update the list.

Originally posted by mach schnell View Post
                Asking this question again.
                Currently you'll have to choose between the 350 and the 450 at the 6" length. Springs will have a tolerance of 5% so the 350 will be somewhere between 333-368 and the 450s will between 427-473. Usually they are not too far from the quoted spring rate and is why they are usually sold within 50lb increments. For example the 4" 600lb springs were digitally rated at 579lbs. They buy wire stock in preset diameter. The wire diameter, number of active coils, and the coil diameter pretty much govern the rate. So with such a short spring of 6" there is not much space to add an active coil. Hardly any room to increase or decrease the coil diameter. So they are kind of stuck with what ever wire stock is on the shelves. If i wanted to have an exact wire diameter made for precision applications i was quoted $175 per spring if i ordered 50. Not bad if i was on a formula 1 team and wanted to be able to make adjustments in say 1 lb increments but a little pricey for an e30.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Will you have the higher spring rate 6" springs by the time this comes together?

That is the one thing i am concerned about before i pay. The softer spring rates you mentioned above are a lot softer then i wanted to run.
                  seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

List isn't up to date as I know a few people have asked to be removed and are still here.

1. bloodshot-e30
                    2. schpanky - 450f/650r (PM'd my e-mail/paypal address)
                    3. xoneslosentrax email address needed
                    8. mach schnell email address needed
                    10. Luis325 (race rates)
                    11. Cronopoulos (450f/650r or 500f/700r if available) camber plates, dust boots, rsm's...
                    12. EThirty318i (450f 650r coilovers)
                    14. Puma (will be convinced by the goat) email address needed
                    16. robert23 (450f 650r)
                    17. der affe (500f 700r in a 6" spring)
                    18. 6gen91 (stiffest setup ) email address needed
                    20. e46s54dr (450f/650r + dust boot) edit: if stiffer rates are available, I'll take those.
                    21. Den_k321 ( 450f/650r ) email address needed
                    24. howdyhoayman (don't know what spring rates yet but will get stiff af ones with camber plates)
                    27. Robiniscool
                    28. mhuyn h- Coilovers (450f/650r) email address needed
                    32. spidmang - Coilovers (450f/650r) email address needed
                    36. Fusion - coilovers (450f/650r) and dust boots (international shipping, not in a hurry)
                    38. mo diesil
                    39. artfunk007
                    46. thebutcher37 - Coilovers (???F/???R) most likely camber plates as well.
                    48. e30_(1st musk)_- get a 500f/750r
                    50. sleepy350 - Coilovers (450f/650r) and Dust Boots possibly camber plates email address needed
                    51. TrippinBimmer - Coilovers, Dust Boot, Camber Plates, and RSM. (450/650)
                    52.Mercury[BKM] - Coilovers 450/650, dust boots, and camber plates (Got RSMs?)
                    55. Sacbmwdriver - 450/650
                    56. Rowanese-350/600 Coilovers
                    57. jose_perez0711 450/650 coilovers

Sorry guys I couldnt wait that long. I will not be purchasing these I will be removing myself. My number was 53

Comment

Just paid.

Comment

For the people who are opting for the 500f/700r I take it these are going to be pretty dedicated track cars? I'm recommending the 7" 500 front with longer sleeves and new perches welded on and i'm heavily leaning towards finishing up the 2.25" rear spring adjuster design to open up a huge variety of rear springs. A track car should have long springs for more consistent deflection. I could also toss the hand full of adjusters on the lathe for those who want 60mm 6" springs. This seems to be common practice due to the lack of 6" 2.5 I.D. springs in lower rates. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? Also for those of you who have paid i think it should be up to you as to whether we keep this open to gather more people or if i should be sending out refunds next week.

2.5" I.D. springs

2.25" I.D.

60mm I.D. Springs

www.gecoils.com
                        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I have lots of time, I can wait until whenever. I'd really like to pick up these coils and camber plates at a discounted price, I'm hoping we can get enough people on board to make this happen.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

I am ok with waiting as long you can get the higher spring rates by the time you told me in your pm. I have no problem waiting in order to get the discount. I just want to make sure you can make it happen at the later date.
                            seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                              Thoughts, comments, suggestions? Also for those of you who have paid i think it should be up to you as to whether we keep this open to gather more people or if i should be sending out refunds next week.
                              that would be shitty :( How many people on your personal spread sheet have paid and what's the bare minimum you need? (I just payed btw) I'd be down to to let this thing go on a bit longer if more people would be into this. I just don't want to pay for this and then not even remember this ever happened because of the long wait kind of deal.

Comment

as much as i love to have this happen i don't believe that the 50 mark will be met. and unfortunately i can't wait until the 50 is met then another 2 months for receipt. i might just go with gc conversion or go with the bc ones. so i vote for the 10/25 then a refund.

Comment

Working...
                                X