German Engineering Suspension GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NC318e30 View Post
    Einstein: I'm gonna be ready to order mid to late January and from what I read from the thread I can pick my spring rates for the $335 shipped? Is late January when these are gonna be out and ready to order or is late January just when everyone else's order from the group buy will be in?
    You can only pick your rates out of the existing hypercoil catalog. This is for people who want to weld on a colar an inch or two lower then the factory. This will open up the 7" spring range up front and tons of rates. Otherwise there are not many 5-6" springs to choose from. I will receive them at the end of january. Orders will be mailed out the following day. These will be sent out in a priority flat rate mailer to keep cost down and speed up transit time.

Originally posted by wakdog View Post
    Im looking at ordering a set of the coilovers + camber plates but have run into an issue...

I am located in Australia but have a US shipping address in Illinois, but as far as I can see the google wallet link will not allow me to see anything, it tells me -

'You are currently signed in to a Google Checkout account that does not have permission to perform the specified action. Please sign out of all Google Accounts and then sign in to the appropriate Google Checkout account before retrying the desired action.'

Im assuming this is due to my region... Is there any way I could organise payment and get these shipped to my Illinois address?

Google checkout hyperlinks appear to expire. I have a googlecheckout link on my website www.german-engineering.net. I prefer not to take payments until the items are in hand. I hate holding on to peoples money. I can ship them to australia. Last time i checked for flat rate box international shipping it was $56 ($41 more then U.S.) so you'd be looking at around $376 shipped.
    Last edited by einstein57; 12-21-2011, 07:53 PM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I'll be mating these to my bilstein sports, these would work just like the ground control ones correct? except that if it was a 7in spring I'd be welding on a collar like you stated? If I wanted to stick with the 5/6" spring length are those choices on the hypercoil website as well? thanks again

Comment

Why must I be so broke!!! I do have questions tho;

1. I have an early model and how do I get the tuckage you get?

2. If I ran your coils how much camber would the front have without camber plates?
        SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
        IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
        BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

So what's the word on camber plates? Once I get my coils I'm still going to have to wait until they come out to install.
          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
          Originally posted by mbonanni
          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by NC318e30 View Post
            I'll be mating these to my bilstein sports, these would work just like the ground control ones correct? except that if it was a 7in spring I'd be welding on a collar like you stated? If I wanted to stick with the 5/6" spring length are those choices on the hypercoil website as well? thanks again
            These will share more similarities with TCkline then then to ground control. But i'm not reinventing the wheel here. They all share the same basic premise of using a sleeve to hold a coiled spring.

The 450 6" and 650 4.5" springs are custom made for me. Here is hypercoils catalog for 2.5" I.D. springs http://hypercoils.com/PDF/2.50.pdf

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
            Why must I be so broke!!! I do have questions tho;

1. I have an early model and how do I get the tuckage you get?

2. If I ran your coils how much camber would the front have without camber plates?

1) I'm using RSM that are 1.5" taller then OEM in the rear and cut bumpstops up front.

2) The fronts don't have crazy dynamic camber like the rears do. The increased camber is proportional to how parallel the control arms are to the ground. So the answer is "it depends but not much.

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
            So what's the word on camber plates? Once I get my coils I'm still going to have to wait until they come out to install.

Camber plates are dependent on the coilovers. I have a lot tied up in these coilovers and not spare funds to place deposits. We can work something out along the lines of setting you up with some of the prototype plates if you aren't able to wait. Also installing the camber plates is pretty straight forward once the coilovers are already in place.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

One last question... From your original post, did you end up making these so that they would work with the original front hats? Thanks again for the quick replies

Comment

These home with their own hats. Do you mean strut bearings? If so yes, they work perfectly with the factory strut mounts.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Fantastic, can't wait to place my order next month!

Comment

Camber plates are dependent on the coilovers. I have a lot tied up in these coilovers and not spare funds to place deposits. We can work something out along the lines of setting you up with some of the prototype plates if you aren't able to wait. Also installing the camber plates is pretty straight forward once the coilovers are already in place.
                    That sounds great. I'm assuming that the plates have a smaller stack height than the hats + stock bearings?
                    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                    Originally posted by mbonanni
                    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Would the ix struts be best only for those shortening strut housings? Or would they also work well with stock height housings? Do you also recommend sending them to bilstien for a revalve?

Comment

I'm guessing you haven't read the thread. The last 3-4 pages would answer more than just those questions. Revalve would bring your shocks to new, you don't need to shorten housings; normal sports or iX inserts would work. Read the last few pages though...

Comment

I actually have been following it for a while and have read everything. There is a lot of information and it's pretty convoluted, I just wanna make sure my shock setup matches my springs well, and do it on a good budget. Einstein has loads and loads of info. And before these are shipped out it would be nice to have a single post with all the different choices and what they would be best for. E.g. Flow chart.... I may be over thinking this but I am super excited to put these in!

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                            That sounds great. I'm assuming that the plates have a smaller stack height than the hats + stock bearings?
                            That is correct by almost an inch.

Originally posted by 801coppertop View Post
                            Would the ix struts be best only for those shortening strut housings? Or would they also work well with stock height housings? Do you also recommend sending them to bilstien for a revalve?
                            I've heard of people placing the ix inserts all the way at the bottom of the "i" tubes and using a section of pipe as an extension of the gland nut. This prevents you from ever bottoming out your struts. However it allows the possibility of the gland nut making contact with the upper spring hat. I don;t see any benefit to using ix inserts other then having the option to section your strut tubes. I've been kinda lagging with my inserts and just mailed them to bilstein today. I should have them back before the coilovers go out though.

In case you guys have not been reading the camaro thread i've been toying around with the KYB agx package and will install them on one of my e30s. I plan on bringing them both out to the track to let people test out the suspension.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                              That is correct by almost an inch.

I've heard of people placing the ix inserts all the way at the bottom of the "i" tubes and using a section of pipe as an extension of the gland nut. This prevents you from ever bottoming out your struts. However it allows the possibility of the gland nut making contact with the upper spring hat. I don;t see any benefit to using ix inserts other then having the option to section your strut tubes. I've been kinda lagging with my inserts and just mailed them to bilstein today. I should have them back before the coilovers go out though.

In case you guys have not been reading the camaro thread i've been toying around with the KYB agx package and will install them on one of my e30s. I plan on bringing them both out to the track to let people test out the suspension.
                              Its fun watching your product unfold and hearing about your R&D. I somewhat feel involved LOL. Keep up the good work man, your coils will be my 1st and main option.
                              SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                              IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                              BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

The group buy has been closed since the beginning of November. If you were on the original list it is too late to secure the $280 group buy price. The new price will be $335 when they come out at the end of January. If for what ever reason someone wants to back out I will post that their spot is available to purchase on this thread and it will be filled on a first come first serve basis. I hope this clears up some confusion.
                                Last edited by einstein57; 01-10-2012, 12:35 PM.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Working...
                                X