X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you so much.
    sigpic

Comment

I opened up the Buy Now button for the current kits. Please note I am suggesting these be installed as a "Weld On" kit for those of you who want to be stanced. I have just under 20 kits available outside of the original group buy.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
        Not as linear accross the compression range. That is more important on a race car then a street car as the difference is minimal. With out any modifications or chaning the springs your looking at about an inch of fender gap.
        In theory you can remove the stock perch, grind the weld clean and weld a new ring an inch lower to in place of the perch correct?

On my e34 I ran coilovers and sectioned the tube. Took 1.5 out then re welded but like you say that requires shorter inserts. If I could just weld a ring lower for it to seat that would be ideal since I already have billie sports

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

I opened up the Buy Now button for the current kits. Please note I am suggesting these be installed as a "Weld On" kit for those of you who want to be stanced. I have just under 20 kits available outside of the original group buy.
          Purchased. Thanks
          Last edited by PNWDan; 03-11-2012, 04:02 PM.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by PNWDan View Post
            In practice you can remove the stock perch, grind the weld clean and weld a new ring an inch lower to in place of the perch correct?
            Fixed

I've done it several times myself. This is also the typical way other kits have been done in the past. Just did a customers e28 this weekend.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

order placed, i am very very excited. will post pics of end result if that's ok with you..
              sigpic

Comment

Knock yourself out. I've been meaning to add a "Customers Pics" section to my website.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

hehe cool. looking forward to this...
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm also planning to run ix shocks, so if I section out like 3" from the housing these coils will be able to go low with out camber plates is that correct? I'll probably buy camber plates when they are available but I wanna make sure these will work for the time being.
                    Thanks

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

It will be very low even on the highest setting with a 3" chop. You'll probably be tucking tire with short stack camber plates. I usually do a 2" chop with a 1" insert with ix inserts.

This is almost all the way up with a 2" chop and short stack camber plates

And another 2" chop on the D2 kit. Adjusters on the highest setting in the front.

Last edited by einstein57; 03-11-2012, 07:51 PM.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

It will be very low even on the highest setting with a 3" chop. You'll probably be tucking tire with short stack camber plates. I usually do a 2" chop with a 1" insert with ix inserts.
                        This is almost all the way up with a 2" chop and short stack camber plates
                        And another 2" chop on the D2 kit. Adjusters on the highest setting in the front.
                        Good to know, thats probably what I'll do

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

You can always cut more later. Its a bit of a pain to add more. Not to mention unsightly.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

I hate to be the bearer of bad new but i figure i'd give you guys the news up front rather then being surprised when you install your kits. It some how slipped my mind that every kit i've installed also had camber plates. This is crucial because the camber plated have about a 1" shorter stack height compared to stock strut mounts. What does this mean? My current front spring won't just slip on if you want to be "Stanced". The height is pretty similar to h&r sports when they are at the lowest setting. You could theoretically get another half inch by flipping the sleeves but its not something i'd recommend. If your okay with not being slammed please let me know and i will ship out your set. If being stanced is a must and your not able or willing to modify your spring perch i can order 4" 450lb springs that will take a week to arrive from hypercoil. Another possible option would be that i sell the race camber plates at cost but i don't think that will be stanced enough for some of you.
                            Einstein57, if this is the case, and as I like to have options, please add camber plates to my order and let me know what I owe you. I am planning on using everything stock with Bilstein Sport shocks.

Thanks.

Comment

I'm guessing these should be coming in any day now.

Comment

ill take the kit as is for now but i will be wanting to purchase camber plates when they come in as long as i can still get the original price. i have to pull in weird to my driveway with my cut springs so i wouldn't mind a slightly higher stance for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X