• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twism View Post
    What is a good way to contact you?
    Moose call whistle

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Text or email. I never check my voicemail. I'd turn it off if i knew how.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

When will the dust boots be in? I'd like to get a set from ya.
        Also what do you recommend to use for a spacer when running shortened shocks? I've got IX HDs for my late model 325i, section 2in. or so out of the housing and then 2in. spacer at the bottom?
        Thanks

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

I should get some more boots in by the end of the week. As far as spacers go i buy pipe from my local industrial metal supply store. Also cutting off the bottoms of blown stock inserts and welding on a flat plate works in a pinch.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Quick question about installing these when they get to me...

I have Billy sports in the car atm, if i pull these out and trim the internal bump stops, then grind off the stock spring perch completely and weld a new perch for the adjuster sleeve 1 inch lower, this will allow me to go lower than the stock perch (assuming im not hitting the bump stops) right?

Worst case scenario it would jsut meant that I have to wind the adjuster up by a bit more to get the hight i want versus using the stock spring perch hight.
            90 318i M62B44 OBD1
            02 530i Touring (Airlift 3P)

Comment

at that height you will be on bumpstops if you are not on any sort of modified strut housing. then it will be time to juggle between possible strut possibilities to see what you like most..
              '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
              '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
              Is that thing on air?

Comment

If im trimming the bump stops, i will gain a small amount of travel - what im basically wondering is if im going to be hitting the bump stops at lowest setting on stock perch height?

If it isnt, then lowering the perch height by 1 inch should effectively just allow me to go 1 inch lower (not that I would), and I would still have enough room to raise it up to at least where I sit now on IE s3 springs...
                90 318i M62B44 OBD1

Comment

I am at an inch above the bottom of the adjuster on a 4 inch spring and i don't believe i am on bumpstops (but my bumpstops are cut). but the problem you start running into at that height is strut valving. my used bilsteins simply can not keep up at the height i am at currently so the ride quality is poop.

if you lower the perch an inch, you will get the height but then run into ride quality issues. its a gamble, and depends on your strut and its capabilities.
                  '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                  '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Is that thing on air?

Comment

Ill be running a 450lb 6 inch spring, 6 month old billy sports with trimmed bump stops, ill just lower the perch on the tube by 1 inch and then all im doing is moving my adjustable range down by 1 inch - ill still be able to wind it up by more than the inch ive cut if need be...
                    90 318i M62B44 OBD1

Comment

Noob Question: if I was to cut off the factory lower perch would I need to weld the sleeve onto a perch still? An + with the 6" spring and the camber plate combo will it give more of the stanced look?

Comment

Originally posted by ojest808 View Post
                        Noob Question: if I was to cut off the factory lower perch would I need to weld the sleeve onto a perch still? An + with the 6" spring and the camber plate combo will it give more of the stanced look?
                        You should remove the perch leaving the weld as a ring around the strut tube for the sleeve to sit on. No welding required. To answer your other question, you wont be close to "stanced" with just the spring. You would need shorter strut inserts with modified tubes and/or camber plates.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by wakdog View Post
                          Ill be running a 450lb 6 inch spring, 6 month old billy sports with trimmed bump stops, ill just lower the perch on the tube by 1 inch and then all im doing is moving my adjustable range down by 1 inch - ill still be able to wind it up by more than the inch ive cut if need be...
                          This is true.
                          '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                          '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Is that thing on air?

Comment

Originally posted by wakdog View Post
                            Quick question about installing these when they get to me...

I have Billy sports in the car atm, if i pull these out and trim the internal bump stops, then grind off the stock spring perch completely and weld a new perch for the adjuster sleeve 1 inch lower, this will allow me to go lower than the stock perch (assuming im not hitting the bump stops) right?

Worst case scenario it would jsut meant that I have to wind the adjuster up by a bit more to get the hight i want versus using the stock spring perch hight.

You should be able to just tuck the front tires with out having to weld on a new perch once the springs settle. The sleeve is the same height of the factory weld to the top of the strut tube so you'd have an inch of exposed strut tube if you were to lower the perch as well. If that sort of thing even matters to you.

Originally posted by ojest808 View Post

The sleeve is a very close fit. I usually put 1 strip of masking tape in the front and rear of the tube vertically and it makes a dam tight fit so the sleeve will not rotate. The factory weld alone is thick enough for my sleeves. I don't use a one size fits most sleeve that requires you to put an 1/8" + of tape all the way around to keep it from wobbling.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                              Text or email. I never check my voicemail. I'd turn it off if i knew how.
                              Whats a number to contact you? You can PM it to me if you wanna. Thanks!

Comment

My email and phone # are on the contact information page on my website

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Working...
                                X