German Engineering Suspension GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m3guru View Post
    I just got to opening up my camber plates. Should each plate assembly have 4 hex adjustment bolts? Only one side of mine had these. I couldn't find info on the IE site.
    I think they come with 4 but you can run with 2 for more adjustibility. If you read a few posts up there was a discussion about this, it may give you more insight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by m3guru View Post
      I just got to opening up my camber plates. Should each plate assembly have 4 hex adjustment bolts? Only one side of mine had these. I couldn't find info on the IE site.
      Yeah. Comes with 4 each but if you use all 4 you'll be stuck at about -3° camber. If you want to adjust, use 2 each. From IE themselves on this thread when I asked.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Rear will be lowered more once i roll the fenders

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
          Rear will be lowered more once i roll the fenders

Oh I sooo need a vert. Clean man!

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Nigel has a PM....
            Where are you....((((((((((echo)))))))))))
            » PARTS FOR SALE
            » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Finally posting.
              • Car is 1991 318is m42 motor
              • GE coils 450f 6"/650r 4.5"
              • I.E. Race front camber plates
              • Bilstein sport strut/shock
              • Rolled/pulled fenders
              • on 16x9 wheels et10
              • Front is all the way down
              • Currently need to lower the rear a bit more

P.S.
              Sig below: wheels are poked with 20mm spacers. making wheels et -10 and rear is lower about an inch.
              Last edited by thebutcher37; 04-26-2012, 02:43 PM.

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

I've been on 2 bolts on each camber plate for 2 years with my old car and half a year with my "new" one.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by thebutcher37 View Post
                  Finally posting.
                  [LIST][*]GE coils 450f 5"/650r 4.5"[*]I.E. Race front camber plates[*]Bilstein sport strut/shock[*]Rolled/pulled fenders[*]on 16x9 wheels et10[*]Front is all the way down[*]Currently need to lower the rear a bit more
                  Thought the fronts would go lower on a 5" coil. :-|
                  » PARTS FOR SALE
                  » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Heres a quick nasty overexposed cell phone shot I took today (ill get some more on the weekend when i can get a proper camera...)

Running:

GE coils 450f 6"/650r 4.5" (perch removed and a new perch installed 1inch lower)
                    I.E. Race camber plates
                    Bilstein sport shocks (bump stops cut in half)
                    Borbet A 16x9 +15 225/45R16 and 16x7.5 +20 195/50R16
                    Rears rolled, front fenders stock (need to work on this cause i want to run the fronts with a 10mm spacer and cant atm)

Front is about half way down, rear is 10mm from the bottom of the adjusters.

Ride is wayyyyyyy better than my IE stg3/billy sport combo, that was hitting bumpstops all the time, stiffer setup and trimmed bumpstops make this sooooo much more comfortable even at lower ride height :)

Quality product and I might have a few more orders to Australia coming up for you Nigel ;)
                    90 318i M62B44 OBD1
                    02 530i Touring (Airlift 3P)

Comment

so from the pics above, if i wanna tuck tire on 17's, i need to cut out the perch and put a new weld in lower? looks like i wont be able to tuck if i cut out the stock perch..correct?

i plan to run the same setup, bilsteins/camber plates

Comment

Nigel any chance you will make an e36 setup? You can use my car as a guinea pig haha
                        HIT A LIL' NIGGA WITH A FREEZE POP

Originally posted by MÄDDNESSS
                        i punched my boss last tuesday. so he fired me... waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Comment

Originally posted by matthilaman View Post
                          so from the pics above, if i wanna tuck tire on 17's, i need to cut out the perch and put a new weld in lower? looks like i wont be able to tuck if i cut out the stock perch..correct?

i plan to run the same setup, bilsteins/camber plates
                          If you want to tuck with a 17, firstly what size tire are you running? that makes a big difference. With what Im running, if you ran at stock perch height and wound them all the way down you would get same height as me. Ill get some more photos on the weekend.

The problem you will run into is going to be bumpstops on billy sports if you want to go low. If you trim out half to 2/3 of the bump stop you will get a bit more travel but wont be slammed before your ride turns to shit. I wouldnt be able to go any lower with my car on shitty roads here, my exhaust is like 45mm off the road and my iS lip is 100mm off the road...
                          90 318i M62B44 OBD1
                          02 530i Touring (Airlift 3P)

Comment

i plan to run 205/40 on 17x8. will have to do alot of fender work since its going to be a very low offset(et 2).

luckily, the roads around here arent bad at all. i just wanna make sure this setup can go low enough, trimming the bumpstops is a must. i did it on my last vw and it made a big difference. ive been considering dropping the coin on BC coils, but i wouldnt use them to their full potential..not sure if theyre worth it for me at that price. ive been considering sending my shocks in to get shortened and revalved as well. i wouldnt be driving the car more than a couple times a week also.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                              Thought the fronts would go lower on a 5" coil. :-|
                              They are 6" and he has a 318. Food for thought.

Originally posted by wakdog View Post

Ride is wayyyyyyy better than my IE stg3/billy sport combo, that was hitting bumpstops all the time, stiffer setup and trimmed bumpstops make this sooooo much more comfortable even at lower ride height :)

Quality product and I might have a few more orders to Australia coming up for you Nigel ;)
                              Glad everything met your expectations.

Originally posted by ninety4e36 View Post
                              Nigel any chance you will make an e36 setup? You can use my car as a guinea pig haha

Travis and i are working on it.

Originally posted by matthilaman View Post
                              i plan to run 205/40 on 17x8. will have to do alot of fender work since its going to be a very low offset(et 2).

luckily, the roads around here arent bad at all. i just wanna make sure this setup can go low enough, trimming the bumpstops is a must. i did it on my last vw and it made a big difference. ive been considering dropping the coin on BC coils, but i wouldnt use them to their full potential..not sure if theyre worth it for me at that price. ive been considering sending my shocks in to get shortened and revalved as well. i wouldnt be driving the car more than a couple times a week also.
                              Mckman can tuck his 205/46/16s with camber plates. Its not worth paying to shorten your inserts. Your better off selling them and buying new shorter IX or Corrado inserts.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                              My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                                They are 6" and he has a 318. Food for thought.
                                Now it all makes sense. :)
                                » PARTS FOR SALE
                                » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Working...
                                X