X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
    Now it all makes sense. :)
    DUDE Im such a retard! I meant 6"

and yeah IDK why I forgot to mention im running a 318is with and actual m42!

P.S. I fixed my previous post. the rears are 4.5" right Nigel?
    Last edited by thebutcher37; 04-26-2012, 02:43 PM.

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by wakdog View Post
      Heres a quick nasty overexposed cell phone shot I took today (ill get some more on the weekend when i can get a proper camera...)

Ride is wayyyyyyy better than my IE stg3/billy sport combo, that was hitting bumpstops all the time, stiffer setup and trimmed bumpstops make this sooooo much more comfortable even at lower ride height :)

Quality product and I might have a few more orders to Australia coming up for you Nigel ;)
      The drop looks great. Would you say that the ride is better because the springs are actually doing a better job than IE's, or simply because they're stiffer and you're not hitting the bumpstops anymore?

I'm running jstock springs with revalved bilstiens currently and I can't decide whether I should try the IE's or these linear GE's. I'm looking for a little more comfort than the jstocks provide without losing much in terms of performance.

ZF320 | M50 Mani | TRM + 21.5lb Injectors + 3.5in MAF | E36 M3 Rack/Driveshaft | Megan Coilovers | 002R/452's
      In the works: UUC Evo 3/DSSR, JB Racing lightweight Flywheel, Shrick cams, BBK (yet to be determined)
      I NEED A WINGLESS AW TRUNK LID PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by matthilaman View Post
        so from the pics above, if i wanna tuck tire on 17's, i need to cut out the perch and put a new weld in lower? looks like i wont be able to tuck if i cut out the stock perch..correct?

i plan to run the same setup, bilsteins/camber plates
        Im running 205/40 17 and front fender opening to ground is 22.75" at the center of the wheel. Running the 6" spring, IE plates, and no cut housings with standard Billie sports. Great ride and great height.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by thebutcher37 View Post
          DUDE Im such a retard! I meant 6"

and yeah IDK why I forgot to mention im running a 318is with and actual m42!

P.S. I fixed my previous post. the rears are 4.5" right Nigel?

He He..thats Ok. Sometimes you just need a break from being a genius all the time. I get it..
          yes, rears are 4.5" with piggy tail on top end.
          » PARTS FOR SALE
          » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by johnjohnsons54 View Post
            The drop looks great. Would you say that the ride is better because the springs are actually doing a better job than IE's, or simply because they're stiffer and you're not hitting the bumpstops anymore?

I'm running jstock springs with revalved bilstiens currently and I can't decide whether I should try the IE's or these linear GE's. I'm looking for a little more comfort than the jstocks provide without losing much in terms of performance.
            I think the linear springs just feel smother because you don't get that sudden jolt that the race springs give you. Not sure if that jolt was caused by bump stops or the sudden progression of the spring rate. Either way I still liked the h&r races I daily drove for 4 years. But I love the coils even more. Running 400f 650r on the vert and it feels awesome.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Experimented with the kit... We are going to need your dust boots huh? The 2.5in springs dont even fit over the stock bilstein boots. Are yours small enough to go between the springs and the insert?

Comment

Yes. That's why I offer them. Lol
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                  Yes. That's why I offer them. Lol

Forgot to get the boots from you.
                  Need 2 sets. Next time....
                  » PARTS FOR SALE
                  » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by PNWDan View Post
                    Im running 205/40 17 and front fender opening to ground is 22.75" at the center of the wheel. Running the 6" spring, IE plates, and no cut housings with standard Billie sports. Great ride and great height.
                    thats great to hear, sounds like this will be a perfect setup for me...now i just need my bonus!

Comment

Thats for m3
                      M3 and 325i are different in the front due to the end links. They mount in different places
                      Hahah so use me not travis
                      HIT A LIL' NIGGA WITH A FREEZE POP

Originally posted by MÄDDNESSS
                      i punched my boss last tuesday. so he fired me... waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Comment

Get me two quick!

Comment

Originally posted by matthilaman View Post
                          thats great to hear, sounds like this will be a perfect setup for me...now i just need my bonus!
                          Forgot to add that I have the sleeves reversed also and adjusters spun all the way down and locked.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Hey I'm interested but I'm not to sure what spring rates I should get
                            I own a 1991 318i vert and might plan on either doing an m30 or s14 swap in the future
                            I want something pretty stiff but still comfortable after all it's still my daily driver. I'm also not sure about how this setup works is it the full suspension setup is it just a spring and collars so u still need to buy struts. Still confused. And how do these compare to the JOM setup cuz I was also thinking about thoes because I believe thoes are a full setup.
                            Thanks in advance
                            Nylko
                            The Beasts of the Road and the Track!!!!!!!!!:up:

Comment

These are a sleeves and springs only. You would need to purchase shocks and struts if your car dos not already have good ones. Spring rates are locked at 450f 650r unless you want to use a different spring in the Hypercoil catalog. JOMs are mainly for looks. These are intended more for performance then stance.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Heres another shot of mine with GE coil setup - details back a page

90 318i M62B44 OBD1
                                02 530i Touring (Airlift 3P)

Comment

Working...
                                X