No announcement yet.

German Engineering Suspension GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like i have corrected all the issues with my setup. The problems werent associated with the camber plates or the coilover kits, my spacer for the shortend housings wasnt big enough basically.
    Now the car rides great with the camber plates and the GE coils, would definitely recommend.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Glad to hear everything got worked out.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I've just been doing some searching, thought this thread would have the quickest response, for those of you that section the housing, what are you using to slip on and weld as a perch?

Comment

I've been using 2" schedule 40 pipe
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
            Seems like i have corrected all the issues with my setup. The problems werent associated with the camber plates or the coilover kits, my spacer for the shortend housings wasnt big enough basically.
            Now the car rides great with the camber plates and the GE coils, would definitely recommend.
            Glad you resolve your issue. But, what is "shortend housings" and how exactly did you resolve this issue?

Thanks

Comment

www.gecoils.com

Comment

So you will never make again these in the original sizing? What is pricing like on the blackline?
                Last edited by 5Toes; 05-13-2012, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Probably not. 5" springs would work better for those without camber plates. People with sectioned strut tubes can run 7" springs. The 6" springs are perfect for ix, e28, and e36 setups.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Just curious, does groundcontrol use 5 or 6" springs?

Comment

Couldn't tell you

www.gecoils.com

Comment

If anybody has a set they want to sell, please PM me

Comment

Also, just browsing the HyperCo catalog, they have far more 2.25" ID springs than 60mm. I assume this i because they are American though

Comment

So what's the word on your camber plates you have been working on/ testing? Any new news? Shoot me a PM

Comment

50/50

The ones that were used with my top hats have been holding up okay. Other ones not so much.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

I haz a sad...

I've had my coils and I.E. plates on for about a month now and they have been fine, but just today I started to notice popping and such while pulling in and out to park/parallel park as well.

I shall read through the last few pages as i know some other folks have been going through this problem.

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X