German Engineering Suspension GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by graphikg View Post
    I think it is because I didnt lube them before putting them in and because I was using one of those washers (from the 6 that were given by Nigel) on the bottom and one on top. The bottom needed more support I guess, and I switched it to two on bottom and one on top. Feels better now.
    That was what I was thinking. Hopefully you get all the parts

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by IRUNEDM View Post
      Do you have a pair of 7" 450f springs available? If so, how much?
      I don't have any 7" 450 springs in stock but i can order some.

Originally posted by alpineII_dirty View Post
      Are the springs rates 450f and 650r or 350f and 600r?
      450f and 650r
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

is this still 330 shipped?

Comment

I've tried a couple times to contact you in various ways with no response. I'm not trying to be pushy as I know you're probably busy, but a response would be nice. I'm really interested in ordering a set, I just need a little bit of input since I don't really understand all the different spring rates and have a few questions.

Would 450f and 650r be suitable for my daily driver 318is?

Can I run this setup with IX Bilstein HD's in shortened strut housings? How much should I shorten the housings by?

How low can I go on this setup?

Just looking for a nice drop to complement some wheels on my daily. Looking to go pretty low, is this setup more track oriented or are they good for a street car?

Sorry for the all the questions, it's just hard to weed through 35 pages of content looking for specific details.
          Last edited by CubbyChowder; 10-23-2012, 11:23 AM.

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
          --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineWeissIIE30 View Post
            is this still 330 shipped?

The first few "leftover sets" will be $335. Once i get the new 5" front springs they will be $350 shipped.

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
            I've tried a couple times to contact you in various ways with no response. I'm not trying to be pushy as I know you're probably busy, but a response would be nice. I'm really interested in ordering a set, I just need a little bit of input since I don't really understand all the different spring rates and have a few questions.

Would 450f and 650r be suitable for my daily driver 318is?

Can I run this setup with IX Bilstein HD's in shortened strut housings? How much should I shorten the housings by?

How low can I go on this setup?

Just looking for a nice drop to complement some wheels on my daily. Looking to go pretty low, is this setup more track oriented or are they good for a street car?

Sorry for the all the questions, it's just hard to weed through 35 pages of content looking for specific details.
            I don't have any kits currently available for sale. Once they are available i will add a buy it now button back on to my website and update this thread.

The rates are fine for a daily driver. The lower you go the stiffer your rates will need to be. If you plan on driving with your oilpan an inch off the ground i'd suggest stiffer front springs.

Without modification or camber plates the 6" front springs will not tuck tire. If you section your strut tubes your engine is the limit. A 2" section on ix inserts is the norm.

2" chop with more room to go

No chop but with camber plates

Last edited by einstein57; 10-23-2012, 01:41 PM.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

thanks for the response, I'll keep an eye out for when they are back in stock. Any idea when new kits will be available?

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                Drop is good but man...those front arches are haggard. What a shitty pull that was.
                1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

No chop but with camber plates

That looks good, just like mine sits. I'm running about 3 degrees of camber up front and am tucking some tire. I'll probably go back and section my strut tubes an inch or so to get a little lower and still have some adjustment. I'll get some pics up in a few days when I get the car put back together.

edit: btw eistein's the man... really good customer service
                  Last edited by e30slidewayz; 10-23-2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I have a quick question regarding shock travel. After all this research, seeing all these posts about having shocks revalved, spring rates, etc. I'm left a bit confused. For some reason I'm having a hard time understanding all this info. It's all still pretty new to me.

If you have shorter front struts (example: IX Bilstein HD's), and they are bottoming out on bumps, can't you section your strut housing to where you will have optimal shock travel while being at a desired ride height? I talked to a GC rep and he said he didn't recommend IX HD's because they bottom out.

Comment

Bilsteins have pretty long bumpstops. People have cracked their oilpans with regular length bilstein sports. If your sectioning your strut tubes 2-3 inches and bottom out ix HDs your probably in need of a new oilpan as well. IIRC GC typically section their strut tubes only 1" which could easily bottom out the 3" bumpstop. Its pretty easy to shorten the bumpstops. You should mock up your suspension without a spring and take measurements to get a better understanding of what you'll need to do.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Bilsteins have pretty long bumpstops. People have cracked their oilpans with regular length bilstein sports. If your sectioning your strut tubes 2-3 inches and bottom out ix HDs your probably in need of a new oilpan as well. IIRC GC typically section their strut tubes only 1" which could easily bottom out the 3" bumpstop. Its pretty easy to shorten the bumpstops. You should mock up your suspension without a spring and take measurements to get a better understanding of what you'll need to do.
                        thanks. When a shock is halfway depressed, is that the ideal spot that it should be when sitting at ride height?

Comment

In the middle is a good place to shoot for

www.gecoils.com

Comment

In the middle is a good place to shoot for
                            Cool. Thanks for taking the time to respond to all my questions. When do you think you'll have new sets ready to buy?

Comment

hey man. i am very interested in buying a set of these as soon as you can. i am going to send you a pm!!

Comment

haha nm your inbox is full. when do you believe you will have some available? i am very interested

Comment

Working...
                                X