Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebay catback (Supersprint replica for M20) & Race-spec headers (Stahl replicas) - GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay catback (Supersprint replica for M20) & Race-spec headers (Stahl replicas) - GB

UPDATE: I'm closing the group buy off. If anyone wants to get in last minute, please email our contact (Aaron) at topspeedauto directly. His email is aaronteng@topspeedauto.com

Second update - 9/13/12: Apparently the parts didn't make it on the container that just arrived because the purchase manager made a mistake. If you want more information, contact Aaron directly (info above). According to what he told me, people who have paid are being refunded. Sorry for the inconvenience!

topspeedauto has offered r3v members a special on their Supersprint replica exhaust for $299 with free shipping if we can get at least 5 people to commit. He is currently out of stock, but is anticipating a new shipment end of August.

Sound clip of this exhaust:

Link to the Product

Note that the website currently lists the product at $279 plus shipping. Once they receive the new shipment, they plan to raise the price to $349.99 plus shipping. He told me shipping generally costs between $50-60, so this group buy is essentially saving you $100 - $110 off the new price if you were to buy it individually. FYI, I'm not making any money off this. I just want to get enough people organized to get us all a discount on the exhaust.

Topspeed is also offering us their Race-spec headers (Stahl copies) for $269 w/ free shipping (new price will be $299 plus shipping if you buy them individually). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe these are the headers the PRO3 guys are using? If you buy both the headers and the catback, you get a $15 discount for bundling. Link to the Product. Note there is no minimum number of orders necessary for the headers, but I'll organize names in a list anyway.

Put your name on one of the lists below if you want the exhaust and/or headers and are willing to commit to the respective price around end of August. Once the shipment arrives, I will PM each of the members on the lists below asking for confirmation that they are prepared to buy. Once I receive confirmation from at least 5 people for a catback, I will then send out topspeed's paypal information, and you can pay him directly (again, I'm not trying to make money off this).

Catback + Race-Spec Headers: $553 shipped
    1. Hrodri

Catback only: $299 shipped
    1. e304lyfe
    2. Van Westervelt
    3. msf23

Race-Spec Headers only: $269 shipped
    1. JCarp90
    2. lostbeachbum
    3. Myster-e
    4. Massakista77
    5. The G.O.A.T.

(We can have more than 5 in this group buy, five is just the minimum.)

Thanks!
    Last edited by elguapo84; 09-13-2012, 03:09 PM.
    sigpic
    An unlucky E30 I came across in Rotterdam, Holland

I am running one of these and it is a great product for the price and fit well and Topspeedauto(worked with Aaron) was great to work with.

I would consider pairing this up with their long tube header ;)

It had such a nice finish I didn't want to scratch it all up when installed so I stole a silicon baking sheet from the wife and cut it up in strips, smelled like biscuits cooking for a while :p

My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
    4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Originally posted by whodwho View Post
      I am running one of these and it is a great product for the price and fit well and Topspeedauto(worked with Aaron) was great to work with.

I would consider pairing this up with their long tube header ;)

It had such a nice finish I didn't want to scratch it all up when installed so I stole a silicon baking sheet from the wife and cut it up in strips, smelled like biscuits cooking for a while :p
      Good idea w/ the silicon baking sheet!! I'll ping Aaron to ask about a group buy for the headers if there is enough interest. My guess is that there will be a five-person minimum for each product.
      sigpic

Comment

Interested. I expect this will pair up directly with the bavauto style header/midpipe GB that is forming now too?

1. elguapo84
        2. n0m4d
        #30 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
        We need friends

Comment

Originally posted by n0m4d View Post
          Interested. I expect this will pair up directly with the bavauto style header/midpipe GB that is forming now too?

1. elguapo84
          2. n0m4d
          I suspect it would be a direct fit. I'm also inquiring about the topspeed's longtube headers to see if it's something that can be added to the group buy. I think they're $199 plus shipping normally.

Adding you to the original list.
          sigpic

Comment

bump for a great exhaust. Aaron was truly great to work with and hooked everyone up. did not have a problem bolting it up unlike my previous exhaust setups

Comment

Would the long tube headers require something to be fab'd in the between the header and the exhaust or do they both meet? My cat is toast and I'm looking for a complete front to back solution that I can put together myself.
              #30 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
              We need friends

Comment

Im in but that video sucks. Can you get more pictures (esp. the tips)? Does it come with any gaskets or hardware?

Comment

Will it sound like a supersprint?

Comment

stay tuned folks. I'll try to get some pics and sound clips this weekend of my setup to support this exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by n0m4d View Post
                      Would the long tube headers require something to be fab'd in the between the header and the exhaust or do they both meet? My cat is toast and I'm looking for a complete front to back solution that I can put together myself.
                      My guess is you will need to do some welding, and that it will take straight pipes and an x pipe to tie the two together? Possibly a resonator because it may be too loud with the cat deleted. I'll let someone who has a better answer speak to this though, as I don't have a first hand experience.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CabbE30 View Post
                        Im in but that video sucks. Can you get more pictures (esp. the tips)? Does it come with any gaskets or hardware?
                        Added you to the list in the initial post. PM me if you want to drop out. bmwstephen is working on getting some better pics and video/audio clips for you.
                        sigpic

Comment

Topspeed is willing to offer R3v a nice discount on their Race-spec headers. See original post for the details. If anyone has first-hand experience with these, please feel free to chime in with your 2 cents.
                          Last edited by elguapo84; 07-13-2012, 04:18 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think Im gonna have to go in on this. Payment at the end of August right?
                            DENY IGNORANCE!
                            Schwarz 325-totaled
                            brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
                            don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

sorry all. couldnt get videos tonight because my gf failed at recording. the 2 videos i have are not worth uploading because i had the fan and radio on. but I can tell you this right now, it does not sound like that supersprint exhaust video posted earlier.

not to say that's not how a supersprint sounds like, but take into consideration that the individual's car is highly modified and mine is pretty much stock except for the exhaust so to me it sounds like a slightly aggressive stock exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                              X