Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can use your existing lug bolts.

Originally posted by CB-M3 View Post
    do these wheels require the thin wall lug nuts?
    Mel Abrahams
    Abrahams Motorsport
    www.abrahamsmotorsport.com
    E-mail:sales@abrahamsmotorsport.com
    PayPal to:
    order@abrahamsmotorsport.com
    If you do not have a PayPal account, please call our office.
    Buy with confidence, serving the E30 community for over 14 years
    Phone:727-992-0288
    Fax:727-868-6373

Comment

Originally posted by BMWE34M5 View Post
      You can use your existing lug bolts.
      I got the wheels mounted today. Some reason I got a weird rattle now from the E-brake. Driving wise no vibrations from the wheels/tires on the steering wheel. If I pull on the E-brake like 1 or 2 clicks the rattle disappears. What is going on? I had the E-brake fully pulled when I took stock wheels off and put new ones on. Did it stretch the cable somewhere? Something is hitting when the E-brake is in rested state and I drive. I'm reading if you change wheels the stock bolts may be too long and hit the e-brake mechanism. Wondering if the wheels are too thin where it mounts a the hub. Any suggestions let me know please.
      Last edited by CB-M3; 03-14-2013, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Huh. Take out a bolt and measure it.
        Yours truly,
        Rich
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Rigmaster
        you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

CB-M3 -- 57mm wheel studs is what I'd suggest. Makes things easier all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by jP4 View Post
            CB-M3 -- 57mm wheel studs is what I'd suggest. Makes things easier all the way around.
            And use lug nuts? Never installed wheel studs before. Is there a blank in the threads so it doesn't stop going into the hub?

EDIT: NVM, they do have a blank. Comes with lug nuts too usually.Put some loctite on it and I should be good. Looks like I will go this route.
            Last edited by CB-M3; 03-15-2013, 08:14 AM.

Comment

You got it. There are r3v threads about it, but the basics are -- clean your threads well, locktite, torque to ~25ftlbs (I hand tightened mine), done. The studs will bottom out in the hub, you'll know (which is also why I don't think your current lug bolts are the problem...the hub won't allow them to go all the way through and interfere with the ebrake.) You'll need a 5.5mm allen key, which isn't the most common tool around. You can get a little install kit at Vorshlag here. I got my stud kit from Ryan @ Motorsport Hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by jP4 View Post
                You got it. There are r3v threads about it, but the basics are -- clean your threads well, locktite, torque to ~25ftlbs (I hand tightened mine), done. The studs will bottom out in the hub, you'll know (which is also why I don't think your current lug bolts are the problem...the hub won't allow them to go all the way through and interfere with the ebrake.) You'll need a 5.5mm allen key, which isn't the most common tool around. You can get a little install kit at Vorshlag here. I got my stud kit from Ryan @ Motorsport Hardware.

When I read about adjusting the e-brake shoe pads it does say you can use one of the lug bolt holes to turn the clicker. So I would think maybe there is 1 bolt that is touching the e-brake mechanism. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Found out the noise was coming from underneath my e-brake not at the hubs like the cable was too loose. The right side was indeed really loose. Turned the adjusting nut few times and noise is gone.

Here is the whip cleaned. I need to get coilovers ASAP. I put on 215/40/17 Kumho AST tires. It is actually flush with the fender.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by CB-M3; 03-16-2013, 11:37 AM.

Comment

:up: Looking good man!

Comment

15" and 17" ET 20 4 lug Kopi wheels in stock at Group Buy prices.
                      Set (4 wheels) 17" x 7.5" $899
                      Wheel 17" x 7.5" $225
                      Set (4 wheels) 15" x 6.5" $849
                      Wheel 15" x 6.5" $215
                      Mel Abrahams
                      Abrahams Motorsport
                      PayPal to:

Comment

Originally posted by CB-M3 View Post
                        Found out the noise was coming from underneath my e-brake not at the hubs like the cable was too loose. The right side was indeed really loose. Turned the adjusting nut few times and noise is gone.

Here is the whip cleaned. I need to get coilovers ASAP. I put on 215/40/17 Kumho AST tires. It is actually flush with the fender.
                        is that stock ride height? trying to gauge what mine will look like with H&R Races
                        1991 318is ---230K - DD
                        1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                        so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

yes stock iS.

Comment

Are the 15" open lug or with caps?
                            Pics?

Comment

They come with removable caps.
                              Some customers painted the hubs black.
                              Originally posted by tak7 View Post
                              Are the 15" open lug or with caps?
                              Pics?
                              Attached Files
                              Mel Abrahams
                              Abrahams Motorsport
                              PayPal to:

Comment

Do you think I'm sexy?
                                Attached Files
                                Mel Abrahams
                                Abrahams Motorsport
                                PayPal to:

Comment

Working...
                                X