Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital volt meter. Fits in OEM switch location!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got mine today. Thanks. Need to install.
    Work We Do
    CAtuned Feedback Page|FB CAtuned Page
    http://www.catuned.com

Comment

If I mailed yours out you will have tracking info on paypal!

Comment

Glad to see it installed! Where are you getting your signal from?

Comment

Originally posted by uuc328 View Post
          this guy :p

THANKS Jay! looks and works great.
          a quick DIY on how to install it will be helpful

Comment

Is there still extras and are they easy to install?
            My car http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=243442

Comment

Yeah I have a few extra. I'll be ordering more soon as well. Yes they are easy to install! Just gotta tap into 2 or 3 wires depending on where you decide to get the power/signal from.

Comment

Ill prob grab one since you're local and a friend, e know when younget more...still have those radio antenna plugs?
                My car http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=243442

Comment

Originally posted by Lfore30 View Post
                  Ill prob grab one since you're local and a friend, e know when younget more...still have those radio antenna plugs?
                  Ok, just let me know.

Yep, still got those too!

Comment

Installed mine tonight off the defroster wires. Works perfect! Thanks dude

-NICK

Comment

Originally posted by amcink View Post
                      a quick DIY on how to install it will be helpful
                      I powered it from the radio wiring, these were close and labeled lol. Doesn't really matter where you get power from, as Balleristic31 posted the defroster switch is another close option. The leads are super short, I recommend extending them to ease the install.

meter wiring/BMW (non OEM radio), factory wiring
                      switched / red if switched from radio, gray with red stripe from OEM wiring?
                      measure yellow if constant from radio, grey with orange stripe from OEM wiring?
                      ground / black or make your own, brown

test fit before gluing!!!
                      Last edited by uuc328; 01-10-2013, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by uuc328 View Post
                        I powered it from the radio wiring, these were close and labeled lol. Doesn't really matter where you get power from, as Balleristic31 posted the defroster switch is another close option. The leads are super short, I recommend extending them to ease the install.

meter wiring/BMW (non OEM radio), factory wiring
                        switched / red if switched from radio, gray with red stripe from OEM wiring?
                        measure yellow if constant from radio, grey with orange stripe from OEM wiring?
                        ground / black or make your own, brown

test fit before gluing!!!
                        Thanks - I will attempt it.

Comment

I connected my switched power and measure wire to the green/blue + on the defroster switch and the ground to the black ground wire going to the switch as well.

Hope that helps someone!

-NICK

Comment

what are you guys measuring?

Comment

Ok update that concerns me with the defroster wire use: just went to see what would happen if I switched the defroster on, and the voltmeter died and won't turn back on :( still have to diagnose but id steer clear of these wires for now

Edit: fixed the issue by moving the voltmeters ground to the brown smaller ground wire on the defroster. Back to perfect again. I guess the big black ground wasn't a good spot. Either way just avoid it
                              Last edited by Balleristic31; 01-10-2013, 04:21 PM.

-NICK

Comment

to the people who have installed the meter, how bright is this thing? when driving at night is it glaring?
                                98 M3/4/5

Comment

Working...
                                X