Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GB: Old School Style Dead Pedals (CLOSED)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock solidly mounted. A tad askew, but my foot does not seem to notice.
    sigpic

2011 335i/1995 Mercedes C220 (rallyx)

Comment

got mine installed today, mmmm pure sexiness, but it's a little loose any idea how to make it a but more sturdy? longer screws?

Originally posted by blunttech
      Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

cant wait til mine comes in!

Guys that have mounted them, please post up some pics!
        sigpic
        85 325e 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Horneck View Post
          Rock solidly mounted. A tad askew, but my foot does not seem to notice.
          Thats good to know. Glad it worked out.

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
          got mine installed today, mmmm pure sexiness, but it's a little loose any idea how to make it a but more sturdy? longer screws?
          There should be a little flex with the carpet since its only screwed into the carpet and sound deadening. Screws any longer and you run the risk of going through the sheet metal. Is the play something you notice with your foot, is it extreme?

Let me know what you think. I can hook you up with two bolts, screws, and washers. If you want to go through the floor, you might as well bolt it in there instead of using self tapping screws. Although those will work too. Two bolts through the bottom two holes of the dead pedal, combined with the regular screws through the top two holes, will secure it pretty well.

In fact, if anyone else wants to bolt their pedal in like that let me know. I want you guys to be happy with your pedals.
          E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

what came with a factory dead pedal? did you actually drill through the sheet metal? I would think not.
            "I wanna see da boat movie"
            "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by bimma360 View Post
              Thats good to know. Glad it worked out.

There should be a little flex with the carpet since its only screwed into the carpet and sound deadening. Screws any longer and you run the risk of going through the sheet metal. Is the play something you notice with your foot, is it extreme?

Let me know what you think. I can hook you up with two bolts, screws, and washers. If you want to go through the floor, you might as well bolt it in there instead of using self tapping screws. Although those will work too. Two bolts through the bottom two holes of the dead pedal, combined with the regular screws through the top two holes, will secure it pretty well.

In fact, if anyone else wants to bolt their pedal in like that let me know. I want you guys to be happy with your pedals.
              the play I have is when I have my foot on the inside of the dead pedal towards the clutch, it kind of just shifts that whole way, I was thinking about bolting it in just to have it super tight in there. If you wanna send me some hardware you can or I will just find my way around the local home depot and pick some up. Here's mine installed guys. It looks amazing :D:D

Originally posted by blunttech
              Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                what came with a factory dead pedal? did you actually drill through the sheet metal? I would think not.
                Both the factory dead pedals were different in design, when compared to alpina, hartge, acs, and ours. One uses one of the speaker holes and the clutch stop, and the other used the speaker hole and threaded through the carpet. All and all the tuner pedals weren't like the factory ones.
                E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

If we don't buy now will these be available later?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
                    the play I have is when I have my foot on the inside of the dead pedal towards the clutch, it kind of just shifts that whole way, I was thinking about bolting it in just to have it super tight in there. If you wanna send me some hardware you can or I will just find my way around the local home depot and pick some up. Here's mine installed guys. It looks amazing :D:D

Looks great man! I'll PM you about the bolts.

Originally posted by e34_spangler View Post
                    If we don't buy now will these be available later?
                    Yes! These are now in stock, and will be up on ebay shortly and our site once I finish building it.
                    E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Sweet! Thanks! And they look like great pedals will buy one eventually great job!
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks man!
                        E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Got mine, and it's awesome! Now if it'd only stop raining so I could install it.
                          1987 325is, S50B30US, Kamei side skirts, Zender Spoiler.
                          MT2 Wheel, 95 M3 Rack, Condor Speed Shop knob, UUC SSK w/ DSSR, Billy Sports/GE Coilovers, KAMotors CAI.

Originally posted by MclubSport
                          Why you have a badge on wheel ? You do not know what car you have? But if you have a mustache, you know better where is your mouth?

Horrible with responding to PMs, I'm so sorry.

Comment

These are beautiful! Mine is just sitting there

What's the proper way to mount the pedal, in terms of angle and position relative to the other pedals?
                            Last edited by tonytony; 06-07-2013, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Chant View Post
                              Got mine, and it's awesome! Now if it'd only stop raining so I could install it.
                              Originally posted by tonytony View Post
                              These are beautiful! Mine is just sitting there

What's the proper way to mount the pedal, in terms of angle and position relative to the other pedals?
                              Thanks guys. That looks great! They are designed to to mimic the footrest area that is already there, just push your foot more even with the clutch pedal. Does that make sense? When I test fitted mine I had it as close to the speaker as I could (basically right up against it), so I could have the most room for my clutch foot. As far as angle, I'd try to make its surface parallel to the surface of the original footrest area. Basically imagine if your original foot rest just came more out of the car to be even with the clutch. But you can also play around with it to make it how you prefer.
                              E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Got it thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X