Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Djmack View Post
    http://www.velotechservices.co.uk/sh...cat=7386000657

Would something like this work? or do i need something that's similar to a wheel spacer? (that goes between the rotor and hub)
    I think you would need to put something like this:

on the underneath side of the brake disc? maybe?

oh so that deal on craigslist fell through and I didn't get teh trailing arm, sorry guys..
    sigpic

1989 325is
    1992 525iT w/ S52 swap - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by JIMBOkye View Post
      I think you would need to put something like this:

on the underneath side of the brake disc? maybe?

oh so that deal on craigslist fell through and I didn't get teh trailing arm, sorry guys..
      I can find 3mm spacers on ebay for $20, they don't seem like an integral item. So, going cheap shouldn't be an issue. The real question is, can we get away with filling a 2.5mm gap with a 3mm spacer and not see any consequences?

Comment

Originally posted by Djmack View Post
        I can find 3mm spacers on ebay for $20, they don't seem like an integral item. So, going cheap shouldn't be an issue. The real question is, can we get away with filling a 2.5mm gap with a 3mm spacer and not see any consequences?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Two-3mm-bille...5a93d#shpCntId

I think you would probably wear one pad out a bit faster than the other. Other than that, I don't know if there would be any? Unless new pads won't fit because it is off center by .5mm?
        sigpic

1989 325is

Comment

I think you would probably wear one pad out a bit faster than the other. Other than that, I don't know if there would be any? Unless new pads won't fit because it is off center by .5mm?
          Wouldn't it just cause the guide pins to move back .5mm? still allowing equal pad wear.

Comment

Comment

While we are sharing pics...

Got a front on today!

I gotta torque the axle nut yet. Are you guys gonna do the standard e30 torque? (210 ft-lbs)

Car has a way to go till it is on the road. pulling the engine this weekend O.o
              sigpic

1989 325is

Comment

So I got a rear on today. I used the Z4 rear hubs, and e46 M3 calipers/rotors.

Here are some pics. I only got the one side in because I thought the bolt was the same as the front and didn't have any M10's arounnd...

It didn't fit, the rotor was too far inside. So I started messing around with washers and putting them between the rotor and the hub on the lug bolts. crappy pictures below.

2.5 mm of washers made everything fit, but just barely. The pic below of is 2.5 mm of washers. 4 mm seemed to do the best job of putting the rotor lined up in the middle of the caliper bracket. I'll buy some 4 mm spacers and report back...

sigpic

1989 325is

Comment

So I got a rear on today. I used the Z4 rear hubs, and e46 M3 calipers/rotors.

Here are some pics. I only got the one side in because I thought the bolt was the same as the front and didn't have any M10's arounnd...

It didn't fit, the rotor was too far inside. So I started messing around with washers and putting them between the rotor and the hub on the lug bolts. crappy pictures below.

2.5 mm of washers made everything fit, but just barely. The pic below of is 2.5 mm of washers. 4 mm seemed to do the best job of putting the rotor lined up in the middle of the caliper bracket. I'll buy some 4 mm spacers and report back...
                  Looks good. For the rear, I thought you're supposed to get E46 325i rear rotors, not the m3 ones?

Did you end up getting the Febi z4 rear hubs or OEM?

Comment

Originally posted by Eydreeyun View Post
                    Looks good. For the rear, I thought you're supposed to get E46 325i rear rotors, not the m3 ones?

Did you end up getting the Febi z4 rear hubs or OEM?
                    Thanks!

I bought mine off ECS Tuning:

You are supposed to use 325i rotors/calipers. But there is a way to use M3 rear rotors and calipers as well but it takes additional work. It doesn't seem to be public knowledge yet as to how to do this. I guess the difference is the need for a wheel spacer. I'll finish putting them on this weekend and post more pics with wheel spacers in and come back with more pictures and a verdict.
                    sigpic

1989 325is

Comment

Thanks!

I bought mine off ECS Tuning:

You are supposed to use 325i rotors/calipers. But there is a way to use M3 rear rotors and calipers as well but it takes additional work. It doesn't seem to be public knowledge yet as to how to do this. I guess the difference is the need for a wheel spacer. I'll finish putting them on this weekend and post more pics with wheel spacers in and come back with more pictures and a verdict.
                      That's good news! Too bad, I already purchased e46 325i rotors and 540i calipers. Could you fill me in about the additional work to fit E46 M3 parts? And did you replace your master cylinder to 25mm or kept it stock?
                      Keep the pictures coming!

Comment

I keep going over the scenarios in my head over and over again. Is there anyway with this setup that I can run 16inch Style 5s (et23 with a decent tire size/no flares). I already purchased the adapter kit, e36m3 front calipers, e39 rear calipers. Probably going with the e46 325i rotor front/rear.

I just feel like its going to poke way too much.
                        sigpic

89' 325is - Alpine

Comment

Okay, so i almost had one side in today when i realized that i need either a 46mm or 1-13/16" socket.... thin wall. Also, i need to buy a lock-nuts and bolts for the front caliper bracket.. i was putting things together for test fit when i found out that there's no threads for the old bolts to grab. :facepalm:
                          Also, I should be able to use the existing brake lines with the e46m3 calipers, right?

(please respond quickly, i'm trying again in the morning)

Comment

Comment

Dude that wagon.

mmmm

So apparently there is no such thing as a 4 mm spacer, so I thought, well what if I try a 5? The spacers that came with the kit are just over 5. So i put one on. It rubbed in the front see pic:

and

So I'll buy some 3 mm. Also, you need to cut the shit out of the dust shield to fit the calipers.

Other than that the M3 rears are in.

Also gotta figure out how to make the parking brake still work. Any ideas? e30 one is too small.
                              sigpic

1989 325is

Comment

uhm sorry for the giant pictures.
                                sigpic

1989 325is

Comment

Working...
                                X