Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50 VEMS PnP standalone group buy - $850

Hello R3vlimited.

Right now I´m hosting a worldwide group buy for M50 non vanos and vanos PnP VEMS kits.

The price is $850 + shipping to your location

See the link below for more information and what comes in this bundle.
    I will happily answer any of your questions

M50 PnP Group buy
    Gunni
    @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Wow, that's not bad at all.
    So since this comes with base tune is it possible to get a 3 liter M50 non vanos turbo tune?

Comment

Can you make an m42 unit?

-NICK

Comment

Originally posted by Paradox View Post
        Wow, that's not bad at all.
        So since this comes with base tune is it possible to get a 3 liter M50 non vanos turbo tune?
        The same base map will work, just have to adjust the injector sizing so it all matches up.
        Gunni

Comment

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
          It can be done yes. Its in the plans to offer a M42 unit next year.
          Gunni

Comment

The details in the presentation have been updated include more detail.

Already has 1 participant
            Gunni

Comment

Originally posted by gstuning View Post
              It can be done yes. Its in the plans to offer a M42 unit next year.
              Can I order the ECU with no tune (and would the price be any different)? I'm building an M42 turbo and was originally planning on using MS3X so tuning would have to be from scratch either way. Was thinking I could just get an M50 harness and cut the wiring out for the extra 2 cylinders.

Comment

The tune would in fact be the same or near enough, I actually have a good M42 ignition table I can put in there from a M42 I mapped along time ago as a starting point

The tune is just complementary as it would be incredibly difficult to make a complete map from scratch, setting absolutely every value. Given that if you use a M50 harness you can use the 4 now available outputs for other operations (boost control(pierburg solenoids have the same connector as the injectors so no wire cutting), antilag valve, rolling rocket valve etc.)

The M42 also has a two pin IAC, for you it would be best to get a 3 pin one to use the M50 harness (M20,M30, M50, S50 etc.)

Giving out a base map for me is so that the customer doesn´t have to go through the painful and tedious process of setting up outputs and inputs and getting things to work is worth the time savings for both parties.
                Gunni

Comment

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post

Hello.

A M42 unit will now be included in the group buy.
                  Gunni

Comment

6 Participants ,

Hopefully able to include M52 later this month.
                    Gunni

Comment

sub'd... I'd be interested in a M52 version

Comment

M52 would probably sell more tunes here in the US only because m50's are pretty much junk yard lumps these days while m52's are still in many cars on the road.

850 is a great price for vems pnp, I struggled to get a proper set up for my autronic sm4 unit. Got lucky when a shop said they could build a proper loom for me.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                          M52 would probably sell more tunes here in the US only because m50's are pretty much junk yard lumps these days while m52's are still in many cars on the road.

850 is a great price for vems pnp, I struggled to get a proper set up for my autronic sm4 unit. Got lucky when a shop said they could build a proper loom for me.
                          Considering the m50 vanos is near identical, and you can always convert any single vanos variant to run on m50 based electronics, there's no reason to make one specific to the m52, as it's not much of a difference when it comes to a standalone.

The m50 non-Vanos makes complete sense, and is a great option, as would be the m42/m44.
                          Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I started looking into this ECU, I have heard people are having trouble getting the ecu to connect to PC. what are the system requirements to run the softwear on PC?

Comment

when does the group buy end? I may be interested in joining

Comment

Working...
                              X