No announcement yet.

APEX | 17" 4-Lug ARC-8 Pre Group-Buy Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for your interest! New 17" Group Buy is now live. Check it out here :)

925.245.0773 | info@apexraceparts.com | Instagram | Facebook | Blog | Vehicle-Specific Fitment Guides

Comment

Will more than likely buy a set of these, unless of course APEX makes a set of 16's or 15's?????

Comment

Originally posted by frshmaestro View Post
        Will more than likely buy a set of these, unless of course APEX makes a set of 16's or 15's?????
        That's where I am hung up, was really hoping for 16 or 15"

Comment

I’m down for a set of Anthrazite 16s. Bringing the Henna back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by flyboyx
          how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
          Originally posted by Northern
          beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
          Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
          Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
          '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
          Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by frshmaestro View Post
            Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
            That's where I am hung up, was really hoping for 16 or 15"
            Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
            I’m down for a set of Anthrazite 16s. Bringing the Henna back.
            Appreciate the feedback! Unfortunately, 15" or 16" wheels are not on the horizon at this time. Due to limited demand we would not be able to produce that size in the near future. Our 17" Group Buy is open however with lots of interest so far and we expect this deal to do well. If you are interested in picking up a set of our 4-lug wheels and save big, be sure to sign up here.

-Matt

925.245.0773 | info@apexraceparts.com | Instagram | Facebook | Blog | Vehicle-Specific Fitment Guides

Comment

Damn, wish I wasn't broke, haha. I'll have to wait for the next one

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ebenezer View Post
                Damn, wish I wasn't broke, haha. I'll have to wait for the next one

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
                We appreciate the consideration and hope to see you in a future Group Buy :)

-Matt

Comment

Bummer, 17s are unnecessarily big for the E30 and look out of place. I'd love some 15s or 16s but I'm not interested in 17s for the E30. How many buyers would be needed tonmake 15s or 16s worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by R3VM3UP View Post
                    Bummer, 17s are unnecessarily big for the E30 and look out of place. I'd love some 15s or 16s but I'm not interested in 17s for the E30. How many buyers would be needed tonmake 15s or 16s worth it?
                    I can't imagine how big of a group buy would be needed, definitely larger than the number of people who check the group buys section in total.

You're talking a completely different tooling for 15" or 16". The 4x100 wheels probably use the same tooling as their other 17" ARC-8 offerings.

My company makes tiny power supplies, and tooling for our cases costs tens of thousands of dollars. For a wheel, it's probably ten times that. That's a lot of wheels you'd have to sell to recoup that cost, let alone make a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by R3VM3UP View Post
                      We appreciate the feedback. At this time, we do not have 15" or 16" wheels on the horizon due to limited demand for those fitments overall. If we do see a large spike in demand, it could potentially be something we consider in the future.

Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
                      I can't imagine how big of a group buy would be needed, definitely larger than the number of people who check the group buys section in total.

You're talking a completely different tooling for 15" or 16". The 4x100 wheels probably use the same tooling as their other 17" ARC-8 offerings.

My company makes tiny power supplies, and tooling for our cases costs tens of thousands of dollars. For a wheel, it's probably ten times that. That's a lot of wheels you'd have to sell to recoup that cost, let alone make a profit.
                      Well said. Tooling cost's for a 15" or 16" can be quite high and unless the demand for those wheels are there, we are not able to merit a production run.

-Matt
                      Last edited by APEX Race Parts; 04-02-2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Track peoples will enjoy 17" rims as they can fit 235.40.17 rubber which has the correct rolling diameter, contrary to the usual 225.50.16.
                        Not to mention that 235.40.17 is available in a wide range of R compounds. I had Apex 17" rims on my e30 M3 and wouldn't have done otherwise. ;-)
                        Last edited by Massive Lee; 04-02-2018, 11:54 PM.
                        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Granted, I powdercoated mine white after I got them. But 17's with proper rubber on an e30 are PERFECT.

I'll likely be in for another set soon, but want to square away the sale of another car first.
                          No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                            I had Apex 17" rims on my e30 M3 and wouldn't have done otherwise. ;-)
                            Appreciate the kind words!

Originally posted by Nick's e30 View Post

Granted, I powdercoated mine white after I got them. But 17's with proper rubber on an e30 are PERFECT.

I'll likely be in for another set soon, but want to square away the sale of another car first.
                            Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

Comment

loved these on my e92

Comment

In.
                                I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X