Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Lug and BBK Group Buy Round 2 **NOW SHIPPING KITS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    5 Lug and BBK Group Buy Round 2 **NOW SHIPPING KITS

    Hello all! I have had some requests again for the 5 lug and BBK kit upgrade I had organized a group buy for. This time around the kits will include full picture installation instructions as well as myself for questions. Lots of information has been generated on this kit so I will include the previous link. We can do a minimum of 15 people to get the chips flying on these kits! Sign up below!


    From for sale post:



    Run authentic BMW brake parts AND swap to 5x120 bolt pattern using this system of precision machined spacers and adapters! These parts will let you run E46M3 and E39 540i brakes on your E30, with OEM 5x120 drive flanges. This kit includes all machined parts, along with the OEM part numbers needed to complete the kit, and a list of readily available needed hardware. Full picture instructions are also included to answer any and all questions. I have become very familiar with this kit and installed these parts myself on my 91 318is. These are significantly bigger rotors and calipers.

    Rear on my 318is:



    Front:




    All parts are professionally machined in the USA using the following materials:

    Front Hub Bushings- 4043 Chrome-moly steel

    Front Hub Nuts- 4043 Chrome-moly steel

    Front Caliper Brackets- 2024 Aluminum

    Rotor Spacers- 6061 Aluminum

    Rotor Centering Rings- 6061 Aluminum

    Hub Centric Retainers- 6061 Aluminum

    Rear Caliper Brackets- 2024 Aluminum



    Previous kits have been shipped to Germany where they have passed the rigorous TÜV standards. Installation is as easy as replacing a wheel bearing just added some steps. This setup retains the stock E30 suspension geometry, unlike swapping trailing arms etc. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions!


    Price for the kit shipped to your door including PayPal fees is $450.


    Link to thread:

    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=361233

    I no longer have the capacity to inventory these so I am switching to the group buy format!

    Thanks,

    Elcoy
    Last edited by elcoy; 08-08-2017, 11:48 AM.
    The Lineup in order of appearance:
    91 535i
    91 318is 5 Lug/E46M3 Brakes
    91 325is w/ S52
    88 Vert Plastic Bumper Swap
    88 M3 ;D
    91 325ix 5 speed
    89 Vert Royalblau Metallic
    73 2002
    1986 325es --> is swap Rallycross Car!!
    1995 Chevy G30 Tow Rig... *I SOLD A CAR!!*
    1993 525i Granitsilber Metallic Touring

    Need a 91 M5 bad but wife would shoot me...twice

    *UPDATE: got a 93 M5 and still alive

    1972 Jeep Wagoneer
    1975 2002 five speed

    Check out:
    Elhartspeedshop.com


    sigpic

    #2
    I'm down.

    1: Merlinfe. Cash set aside for this and waiting.
    - '83 911SC
    - '86 325ES
    - '98 M3
    - '14 328d

    Comment


      #3
      I'm confused. You're calling this a 5-Lug and BBK conversion. But your group buy is for a 5-Lug conversion. BBK sold separately? Am I correct?

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by MrCooperS View Post
        I'm confused. You're calling this a 5-Lug and BBK conversion. But your group buy is for a 5-Lug conversion. BBK sold separately? Am I correct?


        Nope, it is everything you need to run OEM parts that give you 5x120 and bigger brakes. I let you source those since some people already have parts or a favorite source.
        The Lineup in order of appearance:
        91 535i
        91 318is 5 Lug/E46M3 Brakes
        91 325is w/ S52
        88 Vert Plastic Bumper Swap
        88 M3 ;D
        91 325ix 5 speed
        89 Vert Royalblau Metallic
        73 2002
        1986 325es --> is swap Rallycross Car!!
        1995 Chevy G30 Tow Rig... *I SOLD A CAR!!*
        1993 525i Granitsilber Metallic Touring

        Need a 91 M5 bad but wife would shoot me...twice

        *UPDATE: got a 93 M5 and still alive

        1972 Jeep Wagoneer
        1975 2002 five speed

        Check out:
        Elhartspeedshop.com


        sigpic

        Comment


          #5
          Sorry - I guess I'm new to this.

          This is essentially seems like a 5 Lug Conversion Kit. If it isn't, how is this different from a regular 5 lug conversion kit?

          With this kit, essentially I need to source my own front/rear calipers and brake rotors?


          ________________________________________


          Edit: Did a bit more research. So it sounds like one would need to source OEM rear brakes and front breaks, in addition to this kit. Anyone have any ideas what the extra parts will run?
          Last edited by MrCooperS; 04-07-2016, 12:17 PM.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by MrCooperS View Post
            Sorry - I guess I'm new to this.

            This is essentially seems like a 5 Lug Conversion Kit. If it isn't, how is this different from a regular 5 lug conversion kit?

            With this kit, essentially I need to source my own front/rear calipers and brake rotors?


            Not a problem I am here to answer questions! I'm not sure what you mean by "regular 5 lug conversion kit" as there are a few ways to go 5 lug. The kit includes the spacers and brackets to run the larger OEM rotors and calipers, and 5x120 drive flanges. Correct the calipers and rotors will need to be sourced through a method of your choosing. You also need the 5 lug drive flanges and wheel bearings. E36M3 front and E30M3 rear. For me personally I could do the 5 lug swap (while retaining stock suspension geometry) AND get larger OEM brakes using this kit for roughly the same cost as other ways to go 5 lug OR big brakes. I include a OEM part number list in the kit.
            The Lineup in order of appearance:
            91 535i
            91 318is 5 Lug/E46M3 Brakes
            91 325is w/ S52
            88 Vert Plastic Bumper Swap
            88 M3 ;D
            91 325ix 5 speed
            89 Vert Royalblau Metallic
            73 2002
            1986 325es --> is swap Rallycross Car!!
            1995 Chevy G30 Tow Rig... *I SOLD A CAR!!*
            1993 525i Granitsilber Metallic Touring

            Need a 91 M5 bad but wife would shoot me...twice

            *UPDATE: got a 93 M5 and still alive

            1972 Jeep Wagoneer
            1975 2002 five speed

            Check out:
            Elhartspeedshop.com


            sigpic

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by elcoy View Post
              Not a problem I am here to answer questions! I'm not sure what you mean by "regular 5 lug conversion kit" as there are a few ways to go 5 lug. The kit includes the spacers and brackets to run the larger OEM rotors and calipers, and 5x120 drive flanges. Correct the calipers and rotors will need to be sourced through a method of your choosing. You also need the 5 lug drive flanges and wheel bearings. E36M3 front and E30M3 rear. For me personally I could do the 5 lug swap (while retaining stock suspension geometry) AND get larger OEM brakes using this kit for roughly the same cost as other ways to go 5 lug OR big brakes. I include a OEM part number list in the kit.
              Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Do you have a rough ball park of what the other parts may cost? Would I be able to keep the existing coil overs I have on the car?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by MrCooperS View Post
                Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Do you have a rough ball park of what the other parts may cost? Would I be able to keep the existing coil overs I have on the car?


                Of course! For total cost it really depends on if you use second hand/rebuilt calipers and how you source parts. I was able to find a pretty good deal on EBay for some low mile calipers which helped, but purchased new everything else. All in for my setup (including the kit) I was around 1100 installing it myself. Yes you keep your current suspension setup. I saw huge improvements in stoping power and could have spent way more money doing it differently!
                The Lineup in order of appearance:
                91 535i
                91 318is 5 Lug/E46M3 Brakes
                91 325is w/ S52
                88 Vert Plastic Bumper Swap
                88 M3 ;D
                91 325ix 5 speed
                89 Vert Royalblau Metallic
                73 2002
                1986 325es --> is swap Rallycross Car!!
                1995 Chevy G30 Tow Rig... *I SOLD A CAR!!*
                1993 525i Granitsilber Metallic Touring

                Need a 91 M5 bad but wife would shoot me...twice

                *UPDATE: got a 93 M5 and still alive

                1972 Jeep Wagoneer
                1975 2002 five speed

                Check out:
                Elhartspeedshop.com


                sigpic

                Comment


                  #9
                  What about if you have an m3 already? Do your brackets etc fit?

                  What part of the kit do you need?
                  Originally posted by codyep3
                  I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                  2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                  1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                  1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                  2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                  2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                  2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                  2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                  2010 F650gs twin
                  2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                    What about if you have an m3 already? Do your brackets etc fit?

                    What part of the kit do you need?


                    An E30M3?
                    The Lineup in order of appearance:
                    91 535i
                    91 318is 5 Lug/E46M3 Brakes
                    91 325is w/ S52
                    88 Vert Plastic Bumper Swap
                    88 M3 ;D
                    91 325ix 5 speed
                    89 Vert Royalblau Metallic
                    73 2002
                    1986 325es --> is swap Rallycross Car!!
                    1995 Chevy G30 Tow Rig... *I SOLD A CAR!!*
                    1993 525i Granitsilber Metallic Touring

                    Need a 91 M5 bad but wife would shoot me...twice

                    *UPDATE: got a 93 M5 and still alive

                    1972 Jeep Wagoneer
                    1975 2002 five speed

                    Check out:
                    Elhartspeedshop.com


                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Yes.
                      Obviously 5-lug, so just interested in making the brakes work
                      Originally posted by codyep3
                      I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                      2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                      1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                      1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                      2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                      2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                      2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                      2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                      2010 F650gs twin
                      2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I already have this kit. I bought one off of someone who bought in on one of the group buys and then they decided to sell. I do not have any installation instructions. Can you send me the installation instructions? I want to make sure I am doing in right.
                        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611


                        Could be better, could be worse.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                          Yes.
                          Obviously 5-lug, so just interested in making the brakes work
                          Never had that question! According to Realoem.com it looks like the M3 has a different caliper hanger. If the bolt pattern was still the same it might work. However there might also be an issue with the rotor fitment on the front hubs. Let me do some more investigating/measuring and I can get back to you.
                          The Lineup in order of appearance:
                          91 535i
                          91 318is 5 Lug/E46M3 Brakes
                          91 325is w/ S52
                          88 Vert Plastic Bumper Swap
                          88 M3 ;D
                          91 325ix 5 speed
                          89 Vert Royalblau Metallic
                          73 2002
                          1986 325es --> is swap Rallycross Car!!
                          1995 Chevy G30 Tow Rig... *I SOLD A CAR!!*
                          1993 525i Granitsilber Metallic Touring

                          Need a 91 M5 bad but wife would shoot me...twice

                          *UPDATE: got a 93 M5 and still alive

                          1972 Jeep Wagoneer
                          1975 2002 five speed

                          Check out:
                          Elhartspeedshop.com


                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                            Yes.
                            Obviously 5-lug, so just interested in making the brakes work
                            Originally posted by elcoy View Post
                            Never had that question! According to Realoem.com it looks like the M3 has a different caliper hanger. If the bolt pattern was still the same it might work. However there might also be an issue with the rotor fitment on the front hubs. Let me do some more investigating/measuring and I can get back to you.
                            I would also be interested.

                            A cheap BBK on an E30 M3 used to be to bolt on E36 M3 brake parts (rotor and caliper) with a rotor spacer that was around 12 mm thick that sat behind the rotor.

                            I believe the E46 M3 brake rotor spaces out the face of the rotor 1.0 mm further, so a similar spacer would be all that would be required.

                            Originally posted by whysimon
                            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Hey I'm down for a kit.
                              Shipped to norway. Approx $50 shipping.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X