X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shawmcbigdis
    replied
    Originally posted by mamzak View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	70F9F80B-01AC-4512-9759-BCAC328A5512.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	62.7 KB ID:	9922013 Just trimmed it and it fits perfect. Door closes nicely, no issues. Just a tip: trim it a tad longer than you think, I thought I was going to have a bit leftover after the first cut but it ended up being perfect.
    mamzak thanks for the info on these.

Honestly I think the generic bulk seals that usualdeviant used are a much better deal now. I figured that these Turkish seals were worth the extra cost if they were a perfect fit and I didn't have to worry about trimming and gluing the ends together. But if they are open ended, and the one joint they do glue is sloppy, then whats the point? I mean, they still look fine, but for over twice the cost and only save 25% of the work doesn't seem worth it.

Actually that's all assuming the seal material is the same, or darn close. Can you or someone that has received them measure them so we can compare them to the bulk seal for sale on ebay? Like this;

Click image for larger version

Name:	Qu2lL6y.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	9922027

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• mamzak
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	70F9F80B-01AC-4512-9759-BCAC328A5512.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	62.7 KB ID:	9922013 Just trimmed it and it fits perfect. Door closes nicely, no issues. Just a tip: trim it a tad longer than you think, I thought I was going to have a bit leftover after the first cut but it ended up being perfect.

Leave a comment:

• mamzak
    replied

Name:	9D27CDBB-D0E7-441A-ADD3-9835A346A93A.jpeg
Views:	561
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	9922008 Click image for larger version

Name:	FD1FB624-ADFE-403D-8A9B-9769792B18BF.jpeg
Views:	558
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	9922007 Click image for larger version

Name:	0A07C2EA-A5DF-44BD-95E5-354B1B41CAB9.jpeg
Views:	525
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	9922006 Click image for larger version

Name:	9CEF4E88-5CB0-4BD8-B9D9-F1FB0D7ACDAE.jpeg
Views:	546
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	9922005 Click image for larger version

Name:	2BD6834B-D846-48CA-94DE-905F7DE40320.jpeg
Views:	553
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	9922004 Got my Turkish seals today! Overall they aren’t bad at all. Negatives are that they are open ended. They’re sealed at the right angle corner, but then have a cut in them that I’ll have to seal myself. I’m assuming they did this so they could be less precise in the manufacturing. They did fit really nice though, and there’s more than enough left over to trim it precise. The corner that they sealed doesn’t look great, but I’ll use some good quality door seal glue and it should be fine. They also don’t have the little felt rim that’s on the OEM seals but this is pretty minor. It looks great on the interior, it matches up nice even without the felt. Overall I’m pretty happy. Pretty solid fix for a relatively cheap price

Leave a comment:

• catchuk
    replied
    thanks for the update

Leave a comment:

• Slybeanx
    replied
    why study for P/F finals when I can fiddle w my car. Here are pics of them out of the box. Going to install today on the passenger side and then take for a spin in the rain.
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like Slybeanx.

Leave a comment:

• eternal24k
    replied
    Originally posted by shawmcbigdis View Post

Any update on this? Waiting for a review before I buy, but they are running out. I want to know if they are worth nearly 3 times the price as the bulk seal that usualdeviant used. I'm pretty sure its the same exact seal, the turkish ones seem to just pre-cut and glue the ends. Which is probably the hardest part. So if they work well I'm jumping on them. But if they still leak a bit, then I'll jsut save some money and do it myself with the bulk seal.
    not yet, been swamped with work and currently prepping body for wrap. Will try to this weekend

Leave a comment:

• shawmcbigdis
    replied
    Originally posted by eternal24k View Post

My Turkish seals arrived today, haven't had time to pull them out of the box yet....
    Any update on this? Waiting for a review before I buy, but they are running out. I want to know if they are worth nearly 3 times the price as the bulk seal that usualdeviant used. I'm pretty sure its the same exact seal, the turkish ones seem to just pre-cut and glue the ends. Which is probably the hardest part. So if they work well I'm jumping on them. But if they still leak a bit, then I'll jsut save some money and do it myself with the bulk seal.

Leave a comment:

• Slybeanx
    replied
    Originally posted by mamzak View Post
    Just pulled the trigger on a set of those Turkish seals for my coupe. Seller (bamboli-ltd) looks reputable and a couple people have left feedback for the seals saying "great quality" so we'll see. As of right now he has a "make an offer" option. I submitted a $120USD offer and it was accepted right away. ($10 savings).
    I did it as well just because I saw there were only a few left. You can go as low as 105$ on offers for future people wanting to buy.

Leave a comment:

• mamzak
    replied
    Just pulled the trigger on a set of those Turkish seals for my coupe. Seller (bamboli-ltd) looks reputable and a couple people have left feedback for the seals saying "great quality" so we'll see. As of right now he has a "make an offer" option. I submitted a $120USD offer and it was accepted right away. ($10 savings).

Leave a comment:

• mjweimer
    replied
    I really hope these turn out to be a good solution for us - awaiting feedback.

MJ

Leave a comment:

• E30-M3
    replied
    Also interesting how they turn out!

Leave a comment:

• usualdeviant
    replied
    Hopefully it works out, let us know!

Leave a comment:

• eternal24k
    replied

My Turkish seals arrived today, haven't had time to pull them out of the box yet....

Leave a comment:

• usualdeviant
    replied

Name:	20200418_191102.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	9918799

Name:	20200418_191109.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	9918800

Name:	20200418_191122.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	9918801

Leave a comment:

• usualdeviant
    replied
    Not sure if you're looking for pix from the item for sale on ebay, if so, just click the link, it's bulk weatherstripping. If you are looking for pix of how it looks on my car...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X