No announcement yet.

Carbon Fiber (CF) AC Schnitzer Mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can hold my set, no big deal. PM sent.

Matt

Comment

No hurry on mine either. Paypal sent for remaining balance.

Thanks again chutrain!
      Originally posted by Simon S
      When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Thanks again guys. Enthusiasts helping other enthusiasts is a thing of beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by chutrain View Post
          Was told that it will require four M5 bolts approximately one inch long to
          attach the mirrors. The stock ones are too short. You can get it at any
          hardware store such as Home Depot.

Just wanted to remind everyone that you will need these bolts as stated
          in the original post. Would hate for people to get their mirrors and not
          be able to mount them.

Comment

First few sets have been shipped and some of you closer guys should be getting them in
            the mail either today or tomorrow. Thank you to those guys who stepped up and
            allowed some fellow members to get their mirrors this weekend for the meet. Hope you
            guys enjoy and post some pics when you get them on the ride.

Comment

Mirrors were waiting for me when I got home today!!! They look amazing. Ill try to take some pics tomorrow.

Thank you again for setting this up and I hope that there are more group buys like this in the near future!
              e30sport.net
              '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
              '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
              '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Got my mirrors today and they look awesome. Thanks for setting this up.

Erik

Comment

Glad you guys like them. I hope to set up more GB's that have run as smooth as this.

Comment

Got mine in the mail today, now I just need to get the car through the project stage!

Matt

Comment

Called the fabricator up today and the remaining sets will be shipped out tomorrow.
                      Should arrive at my house on Wednesday. I'll prep everything and have them shipped out
                      on Thursday.

Comment

So i got them mounted up today. I have to say the fit and overall quality is pretty darn good. I'm very happy with how they look, the finish, etc. However, i do have a small gripe.... I noticed a small imperfection in the glass in the upper right corner of the driver's side mirror. Its really not that big a deal, but it distorts the reflection a bit in that spot. Then however, i noticed that on the passenger side mirror (which has no imperfections on the glass) the reflection seems very skewed. I dont know how to explain it, but its kinda like i was using one of those plastic mirrors... not as bad but def. noticable that it shouldnt be like that. Head on the glass reflection is fine, which makes me believe that at the angle these things are viewed from the driver's side really skews things. That, combined with the small blemish on the driver's makes me think that these things arent real glass.

To be honest, i like the way these look on the car enough to deal with it i guess. But for 400 bucks i think the glass should be of better quality. Anyone else mount these up, and have the same experience? Could i get some info from the builder on the kind of glass used?

Dont get me wrong... these things are pretty perfect in all other aspects, and i like them a lot... its just that glass... haha.

Dave
                        E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

I'll get some info on the glass and get back to you.

Comment

I checked a few sets that I got today and they appear to be fine. If you can try and
                            get me picture of what you are talking about, I can try and talk to the fabricator and
                            maybe try to get you a replacement mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by chutrain View Post
                              I checked a few sets that I got today and they appear to be fine. If you can try and
                              get me picture of what you are talking about, I can try and talk to the fabricator and
                              maybe try to get you a replacement mirror.

No problem... i'll get back to you with those pics in a day or two.

Thanks,
                              Dave
                              E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Received last payment for GB today. Will be shipping out the last set and rounding out
                                the group buy. Gentlemen, I would like to thank everyone for a smooth process. Hope
                                future GB's will be this straight forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X