Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schneider325
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/Rb325is/DSCF1933.jpg
    Can you explain what is the difference between those 2 bushings? Are they for the same thing?
    For the same purpose. The big round circle is the traditional m3 offset bushing, with this one being urethane and derlin, made by RTRS. But it had failed, so I replaced both of them with THR units.

This picture compares the size of the bushing material. Less material = less flex = more crisp handling.

Comment

Mine pop like stated before. Ive checked everything. The entire front suspension is new except for the strut housings themselves. It does it turning or going straight whenever the suspension is loaded up enough to dip.

I also have to drop the inner ball joint to get the mounts on the body. They seem to be a bit foward.
      Im now E30less.
      sigpic

Comment

Yes but this isnt an commonly maintained Alero. Its a car that has just had its entire suspension replaced jew a few days ago. Brand new Lemforder arms, lem tie rods, SKF bearing, springs, and all the hardware that bolts up to them.

Its a deep sounding pop, I can only make it out inside the car and I feel it at my feet. Nothing "happens" with the pop but it does it constantly. Im afraid mine may be tweaked in some sort. I am going to try and RR them and lube them but that is a PITA because I have to drop the inner ball joint to get them on/off the body.
        Im now E30less.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed88
          Weren't Jordan's popping when he first put them in? Bug him and see what he did to fix it.
          Originally posted by Jordan
          Alright. I ran the car up on my custom ramps (so my low profile jack actually gets under my car ) and jacked it up.

I took the passenger side eyeball arm off, and inspected it. All seemed well. The bolts were VERY tight, no issues there. Inspected all the ball joints and any suspension couplings. Everything was tight.

Put the eyeball arm back on and tightened it down, no more popping noise.

Only thing I could think of is that it was tightened down before on some very small "off" angle which was causing it to bind and pop.

The noise is gone, and all is good.

I had a very enjoyable slideways session today in the rain. Its so freaking easy to make finite steering adjustments to keep the ass end out there. :twisted:

Jon :up:

Comment

Im gonna get some silocone dialectric and see what effect that has on it.
            Im now E30less.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
              Im gonna get some silocone dialectric and see what effect that has on it.
              Any luck with that? I've had mine on for a few weeks now and they pop like crazy. I drove by a friend walking through a parking lot and he waived me down asking what was wrong with my car(it's that loud).

Comment

..this GB sounds like a good deal, especially since I just noticed my Powerflex offset lca bushings have rotated in the lollipop mount! ( I just drilled and tapped my lollipop/bushing to utilize a set screw to prevent future movt)). BUT whats going on w/ people having popping issues?.......
                I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

fyi there's a new gb going on

sigpic

Comment

thanks for the heads up, but this popping issue has me just a little hesitant
                    I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

dunno, bimmertoad installed them on his car (gc's, all M3 susp), and i noticed no pops or noises from the cabs. i dont wanna say it's hit or miss, but rather maybe it depends on the order in which the cabs were installed. i honestly have no clue and at this point have resorted to pulling answers out of my ass, which is something i often do...
                      sigpic

Comment

Like e30sd said, mine haven't popped after about 500 miles on them. The only thing I did differently was coat the controlling arm with silicone lube before installing the CABs. It could also me hit or miss :?
                        San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

that popping sound that it sounds like a lot of people are complaining about is making me a little hesitant. But I am still going to replace most of my front suspension.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Just to clarify:
                            Out of every pair that have been sold, only ~4 people have had popping problems. Every pair that have been installed at the shop do not have these problems.
                            I wouldnt worry about it.
                            Also, it seems that the popping noise goes away after a little usage.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
                            Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
                            Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

alright
                              I guess that I am getting mine
                              but for 140

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

So nobody has any clues what could cause the popping? My car does it too, I took the CAB's off, cleaned everything and reinstaleld them, but it hasn't gone away. I'll do it again soon, just wondering if theres anything special I should be looking for, since there wasn't any debris blocking anything the first time I checked.

Comment

Working...
                                X