Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ST Suspension

One year and 8,000mi after getting the setup, I'll give my review:

For my '89 325i, I got the 60/40 drop springs from them - which is supposed to be 2.5"f 2"r. The suspension is great with the shortened shocks from ST. The ride is a happy medium between stiff and stock. Very comfortable. I haven't ridden in one, but I would equate the look of this kit to that of an IE3/Bilstein car. In other words, drop hats are a must if you want that front end slammed.

I originally wanted to try KW suspension, but found ST a little easier to come by stateside (supposedly the same manufacturer as well). I came across a vendor online called Streetbeatcustoms.com. The price was reasonable from these guys - about $750 with springs/shocks - so I went for it. They had terrible customer service from the get-go. Not only that, they sent me VW Golf springs in an E30 box; and of course my mechanic installed them. Needless to say they didn't know how to handle it and I had to get in touch with KW to get it resolved. Won't ever shop with them again.

Anyway - good suspension setup; crappy service from Streetbeatcustoms.com
    - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
    Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

They also make great coilover kits with lifetime warrentys , KW does make ST suspension.
    Had coils on my b4 Passat, they were the great .

Comment

You can get them from group5 too. My box said BMW E30 on it, so if yours were labled I don't know how the shop could miss it. Cheap too they were selling them for less than 500 when I got my set less than 3 years ago.

I am happy too, pretty comfortable and the green springs are cool. Will be too soft for most of the people on this board. Front is about as low as you can go, drop hats could be used but then you will only be able to park on the street cause my IS lip catches on most commercial driveways. Rear is nice too but needs to be a little stiffer and I just don't like how E30s without rear aprons look tall but thats not hte suspension's fault.
      In all I am happy but I will be happy when I can get Billy Sports to go with these springs once my current suspension wears out. My friend has that setup ST/Bilstein and they feel like they have a better bound force while rebound is still smooth.
      sigpic

Comment

I rubbed on my 16x9 rears btw. Little too soft for the low.
        - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
        Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

Comment

Working...
        X