No announcement yet.

BFGoodrich g-Force sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been running 225/50/15 Gforce sports on my car and say they are almost as good as the bridgestone SO3 I had on my old fun car.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

bfgoodrich g-spot?
      Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

I've run G-sports and must say that I did not like them at all. Of course, I autocross a lot and the difference between these and the rt615's is dramatic! All these tires did was talk to me loudly in every corner. The compound is dense and helps with tread wear. But when all they do is scrub in the corners, they wear out faster than the 615's.

Cheap? Yes. Worth it for an autocrosser? No.
        sigpic winter = iX goodness

Comment

I think these are the tires I have in my shed waiting to go on the 10 year project car. I hope they're not that bad in the rain, Oregon tends to be wet.

Comment

Originally posted by lotar_6 View Post
            I've run G-sports and must say that I did not like them at all. Of course, I autocross a lot and the difference between these and the rt615's is dramatic! All these tires did was talk to me loudly in every corner. The compound is dense and helps with tread wear. But when all they do is scrub in the corners, they wear out faster than the 615's.

Cheap? Yes. Worth it for an autocrosser? No.
            Well, these aren't autocross tires. These are good summer tires.

I had RT615s and was able to put 20k miles on them, 1 season of autocross (about 12 or 14 events).

Get a dedicated set of wheels / tires for autocross ;)
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I'm running these on my Enkies, Great for daily driving I have no complaints about them.
              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

I had these back in the day on my Kosie's and they were great up until they got extremely loud. They were quiet when new but got really loud before they were even near the wear bars. I never got to experience low tread rain because I had to replace them early.
                I liked the tires otherwise.. They were loud enough to make me replace a wheel bearing (it exhibited signs of a wheel bearing (noise quiet with the side was unloaded).

Comment

I've had them in 225 50's since they came out. Granted I don't drive as aggressive as most of you but in the wet and dry traction has been excellent. Great price too.

Comment

been running 225/50/15's for 3 years or so now, really like them
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

I bought my set of Ronals LS's with pretty worn 225/50 G-Force Sports on them and have been surprised at how well they act even when worn. Not much noise at all and they're almost down to the wear bars now. Only driven them in the wet once and didn't really notice any problems. Stickiness could be better, but then again mine have been pretty worn since I got em.

I'm getting ready to buy a new set next month and probably gonna get these or the Falken Ziex 912's--anyone have comparison with these two?

Also heard the Kumho Ecsta AST's are good for the money, but I'm thinking the BFG's would be worth the extra dough?

Really wish they made the Azenis in 225/50...

Comment

You are comparing two or three different types of tires though. If you are thinking about a good Street Tire autocross tire then the Dunlops are one of the better ones now, or wait and see how the new RT615 replacement will be like. I've had the AST's on my audi before, and there is nothing exciting to write home about on those. They replaced the Dunlop Sport Maxx that came on the car.
                        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

No Dunlops or Falken RT615's in 225/50/15. Yeah, I was comparing different tire types in the hopes that possibly the Falken Ziex's might somehow be just be as good as a summer high performance tire. When do the new Falken RT615 replacements come out?

Comment

I have them in 215/50/15 and they're not bad. They work well on dry or wet road but ridiculously scary in an inch of snow (yes, i understand these are summer tires). I hope to really test them soon in an autox event.

Comment

Originally posted by TrentW View Post
                              I was comparing different tire types in the hopes that possibly the Falken Ziex's might somehow be just be as good as a summer high performance tire.
                              They're not even close.

The G-force Sports are the best 15" tire I've come across so far in terms of cost vs. grip vs. wear for a DD. A friend of mine used them on a kart at a Skip Barber school and recommended them. I love mine in the rain, but they aren't near the wear bars. The 17" ones on the e46 are pretty worn and see rain (plus salt, snow, whatever else this weather decides to dump on the road) and they have yet to skip a beat.

Comment

Thanks for confirming that for me. I'm ordering them next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X