Official Flash Detailing Products Review Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Flash Detailing Products Review Thread

Post your personal experiences with Flash Detailing Products here.

This Includes:
    1. Brown Royal Wheel Cleaner
    2. Cherry Bomb APC
    3. Flash Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
    4. Squeaky Clean Streak-Free Glass Cleaner, etc.

Please post your dilution ratios, how much agitation you used, and also specifically how you used the product(s)

Oh yeah and...
    Last edited by 5Toes; 09-03-2011, 01:12 PM.

The carpet cleaner is ridiculous. My full time massage therapist spilled a bottle of oil which turned the green carpet black. I went over it for 10 minutes with the hot steam shampooer and kirby shampoo. You couldn't tell. I diluted this stuff 20x and within 10 seconds the carpet looked new with no scrubbing. I couldn't believe it. I am still at work but will shoot some pics on Tuesday when I bring a camera.

Comment

i cant wait to see the pictures :)
      87 325ic sold
      91 318i sold
      95 ///M3 sold
      02 325xi manual

Comment

I love this company

Comment

Okay here is my review of Flash : Brown Royal Wheel cleaner.

I did this quickly and didn't scrub at all based on what the man in the video claims. And I have to say overall I was pretty impressed.

Here is my mixture 1:2.5 (1:3 recommended on the jug)

Now the rims that I have on my schwarz car dont match (getting weaves this weekend...don't judge) so I get to try out 2 different types. Plus my silver e30 is up on jack stands and had a rim off it handy to do a test.

So first up is the chrome bottlecap that has not been cleaned in at least a year. These have been on this car since day 1 and I doubt ever given a good cleaning.

Before:

After:

^Again note that is with NO SCRUBBING. Just spray, wait 2 min, then hose off.

Before:

After:

^ Those are actually different sides of the car to show the before after, but trust me when I say they are a lot cleaner.

Finally the silver bottlecap. Before:

After is in the videos.

Chrome Video:

Black Rim Video:

Silver Bottlecap Video:

All that being said, this should really be used with an agitator brush to get the best results. I was shocked to say the least because I spent 1 hour cleaning one of the other silver bottlecaps with a scouring pad and simple green and got no where near as good of a finish as this. Depending on how bad your rims are, change the dilution ratio, the stuff is pretty strong and shouldn't need much to get your rims clean.

Not that it matters to a lot of people, but this didn't leave a nasty smell or anything. I expected it to smell like death or something close, but while using it, I was pleasantly surprised it didn't.

Overall A+ from me. I have been looking for something like this for a while (not been looking that hard) so thanks to 5toes for making this fall on my lap.
          Last edited by nebulous123; 09-09-2011, 12:45 PM.
          '84 325e - "Elizabeth"
          '87 325e (SHELL) - "Sleeping Beauty" - COMPLETE PROJECT PART-OUT - S54, 5-LUG, and MORE

sigpic

Comment

Yeah for videos!

Comment

brown royal is the bomb, nothing else to b said. can't wait to try some of their other products.
              sigpic

Comment

Lol mystery bump! Hahahaha

Love this stuff. I dilute 1:8 ish and it takes bugs right off... used it for that purpose on an rv, after I scrubbed an RV

Comment

Ill post pics next time I use it... which should be soon

Comment

Andrew, I ordered a small amount of this stuff ... If I like it I will order more. Do you know if they still are offering the R3V discount?
                    Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

yes they do i just placed another order two weeks ago:)
                      87 325ic sold
                      91 318i sold
                      95 ///M3 sold
                      02 325xi manual

Comment

No clue guys. However... it is so cheap no discount isnt like terrible or anything

Comment

Ordered ... I'll let you know my experiences using this for cleaning my weaves and the how the carpet stuff works out.
                          Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

I have only used the carpet stuff once, it worked fairly good

However, that one time I was using it wrong. Forgot to vacuum the carpet before scrubbing it, lol

Comment

Working...
                            X