No announcement yet.

JOM Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i installed these yesterday and the front and back are all the way down. the back looks alot lower but the front doesnt. it looks like it did stock. i have the adjusters on properly what could of happened?

Comment

Originally posted by white318ibmw View Post
      i installed these yesterday and the front and back are all the way down. the back looks alot lower but the front doesnt. it looks like it did stock. i have the adjusters on properly what could of happened?

Did your sping look compressed like this when installing?

If so, then you didnt it wrong.

I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

You 100% sure of this? Wait a couple days for it to settle if so.
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

im positive that they are not upsidedown but not positive if they are on properly. the car is getting painted so i cant mess with it or take pictures untill i get it back next week. ill update this when i get it back

Comment

OP, how are those ebay camber plates working out?

Comment

My JOM's go pretty low up front
              -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
              -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
              MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
              Got Drop?? ;-)
              Originally posted by JinormusJ
              But of course
              E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Originally posted by be34st View Post
                +1 ^^ upside down adjuster. I did the same thing with mine the first time.

Any word on getting a kit together for E34's?
                Word indeed. Im going to bring them to market in mid September. $500 shipped for the first sets. I will have the first set and get it installed with detailed pictures and the service everyone has grown to expect. Two different actually for the different 5 series models.
                1991 e30 328i M52 swapped: Gone
                1995 e34 540i/6 1 of 76 Clean
                1985 e28 euro 525i the daily

Comment

Originally posted by mightywhitey View Post
                  Word indeed. Im going to bring them to market in mid September. $500 shipped for the first sets. I will have the first set and get it installed with detailed pictures and the service everyone has grown to expect. Two different actually for the different 5 series models.
                  OMFG YESSSSS! I have been praying for an E34 kit since I got them on my E30! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM ME AS SOON AS THESE ARE AVAILABLE!!!

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

im positive that they are not upsidedown but not positive if they are on properly. the car is getting painted so i cant mess with it or take pictures untill i get it back next week. ill update this when i get it back

as others have said they could be on wrong basicly if you can see the top of the strut tube or any of it above the lower spring perch you did it wrong, i did this when i put the first one on, installed it how it was put together in the box and as i saw others install pics (who also did it wrong) before i realized that you have to have the small piece that threads into the strut tube threaded into the inside oth the adjuster thread piece the opposite way it comes assembled so you cant see the threads fron the outside, thus making the car go like 2 inches lower.
                    Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                    Bimmerbuddies LLC
                    717-388-1256
                    2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                    bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
                      as others have said they could be on wrong basicly if you can see the top of the strut tube or any of it above the lower spring perch you did it wrong, i did this when i put the first one on, installed it how it was put together in the box and as i saw others install pics (who also did it wrong) before i realized that you have to have the small piece that threads into the strut tube threaded into the inside oth the adjuster thread piece the opposite way it comes assembled so you cant see the threads fron the outside, thus making the car go like 2 inches lower.

pics pleeease?

Comment

Also keep in mind if you're having i difficult time compressing the spring for reassembling, then you probably did it wrong. I put mine on the wrong way the first time and got frustrated cause i couldnt compressing the spring enough to reassemble, until i realized the adjuster was unside down.

ASSEMBLE THE ADJUSTERS AS GIVIN OUT OF THE BOX. DO NOT FLIP THEM.

Comment

my adjuster is all the way down, but oil pan still 4inches off the ground. M20 motor. i didnt put it upside down, cuz it didnt look like the pic above. and my spring wasnt even being as compressed as the above picture. its been almost 2 weeks now since i installed it.

Comment

Can someone post a picture of the front when they are low but with the car jacked up and the wheel off? i was too see how its supposed to look. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Edirtyy808 View Post
                              my adjuster is all the way down, but oil pan still 4inches off the ground. M20 motor. i didnt put it upside down, cuz it didnt look like the pic above. and my spring wasnt even being as compressed as the above picture. its been almost 2 weeks now since i installed it.
                              Thats normal. Im all the way down and i still have plenty of ground clearance with my oil pan. Thats the advantage of still having an m20. their oil pans dont stick down as far. youre good :up:

Can someone post a picture of the front when they are low but with the car jacked up and the wheel off? i was too see how its supposed to look. thanks
                              not sure what youre trying to accomplish. its still gonna pretty much look the same with the adjuster up or down as the spring isnt compressed when its jacked up...
                              tell me what youre trying to figure out.

Comment

[quote=spike68;3280290]Thats normal. Im all the way down and i still have plenty of ground clearance with my oil pan. Thats the advantage of still having an m20. their oil pans dont stick down as far. youre good :up:

Lol, Thanks. but my fronts are not as low as others. i even cut off the spring perch. how low is yours? got a pic?

Comment

Working...
                                X