Announcement

Collapse

Classified Forums - Read this first!

Here are a few simple guidelines for this forum. Failure to follow any of these rules will be grounds for your thread to be closed.


Post your information
Post as much info as you can. Say where you are located, where the part is located, the best way to get in contact with you, if you are willing to ship, etc.


Post the item's information
Post as much info as you can. A price must be posted, as well as pictures of the item(s). Post as many pictures as you can, even if it is a common item. A picture tells a thousand words, but it can also conceal another thousand. Links to hosted galleries of images are acceptable, links to eBay and/or Craigslist are not. Once the item sells, please do not edit your ad to remove the price. Many people search through old ads to get an idea what their item may be worth.


If listing a car, post:
-The year and model
-An accurate mileage. If the odometer is broken, post what it reads currently and how many miles you believe it has
-Any aftermarket modifications
-Any known issues or damaged areas
-A price
-As many pictures as possible of every area


If listing wheels and/or tires, post:
-The brand and model
-As many specs as you can, including but not limited to tire size, tread remaining, wheel diameter, width, offset, bolt pattern and centerbore, if multi-piece the lip, barrel and center size. If they have been redrilled post the original bolt pattern and where it was done.
-Any imperfections, including but not limited to curb rash, bends, cracks, repaired areas, scratches. For tires, note any gashes, bubbles, cupping or curb rash
-A price
-As many pictures as possible of every wheel


If listing parts, post:
-What brand and what models it can be used on
-An accurate description
-How long it/they have been used for
-Any imperfections
-A price
-As many pictures as possible of every area


For miscellaneous items, post:
-A detailed description of the item
-How long it/they were used for
-Any imperfections
-A price
-As many pictures as possible of every area


For WTB threads
-Be as detailed as possible.
-List exactly what you want, what variations you will accept, colors or materials, etc.
-Post what you won't accept. This includes imperfections, colors, models, etc.
-Post a price range of what you are willing to pay (typically based on condition).
-Post where you are located and if you would prefer local pickup.


In case the point was not made, everything being sold on this forum must include a price and as many pictures as possible.
-This is not eBay or Craigslist (or any other buy/sell/trade site). Do not post links to those for your ad. The same goes for linking to ads on other forums... either post your information here or have your thread closed.
-Feeler threads are not allowed. If you're not sure about selling it, don't post it.
-Cross-posting within the R3VLimited forum is not allowed. Choose a single subforum for your ad.
-If listing your item for trade, post what you are looking for, what you feel your item is worth, if you would like cash back or if you have cash to put on top.
-Thread crapping is not allowed. If you're not interested in purchasing the item for sale or have nothing positive to add, stay out of the thread or be prepared for a time out. If you complain about the time out, it will be extended.
-Threads can be bumped a maximum of once per day (24h). You are allowed to respond to others more than once a day.
-If listing multiple items, post them in one thread. Exceptions are cars and wheels.
See more
See less

JOM Coilovers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    i installed these yesterday and the front and back are all the way down. the back looks alot lower but the front doesnt. it looks like it did stock. i have the adjusters on properly what could of happened?

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by white318ibmw View Post
      i installed these yesterday and the front and back are all the way down. the back looks alot lower but the front doesnt. it looks like it did stock. i have the adjusters on properly what could of happened?

      Did your sping look compressed like this when installing?

      If so, then you didnt it wrong.

      I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by white318ibmw View Post
        i installed these yesterday and the front and back are all the way down. the back looks alot lower but the front doesnt. it looks like it did stock. i have the adjusters on properly what could of happened?
        You 100% sure of this? Wait a couple days for it to settle if so.
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

        Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.
        1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        1991 Brillantrot Vert

        2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750

        Comment


          #64
          im positive that they are not upsidedown but not positive if they are on properly. the car is getting painted so i cant mess with it or take pictures untill i get it back next week. ill update this when i get it back

          Comment


            #65
            OP, how are those ebay camber plates working out?

            Comment


              #66
              My JOM's go pretty low up front
              -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
              -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
              MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
              Got Drop?? ;-)
              Originally posted by JinormusJ
              But of course
              E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by be34st View Post
                +1 ^^ upside down adjuster. I did the same thing with mine the first time.

                Any word on getting a kit together for E34's?
                Word indeed. Im going to bring them to market in mid September. $500 shipped for the first sets. I will have the first set and get it installed with detailed pictures and the service everyone has grown to expect. Two different actually for the different 5 series models.
                1991 e30 328i M52 swapped: Gone
                1995 e34 540i/6 1 of 76 Clean
                1985 e28 euro 525i the daily

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by mightywhitey View Post
                  Word indeed. Im going to bring them to market in mid September. $500 shipped for the first sets. I will have the first set and get it installed with detailed pictures and the service everyone has grown to expect. Two different actually for the different 5 series models.
                  OMFG YESSSSS! I have been praying for an E34 kit since I got them on my E30! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM ME AS SOON AS THESE ARE AVAILABLE!!!

                  07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by white318ibmw View Post
                    im positive that they are not upsidedown but not positive if they are on properly. the car is getting painted so i cant mess with it or take pictures untill i get it back next week. ill update this when i get it back

                    as others have said they could be on wrong basicly if you can see the top of the strut tube or any of it above the lower spring perch you did it wrong, i did this when i put the first one on, installed it how it was put together in the box and as i saw others install pics (who also did it wrong) before i realized that you have to have the small piece that threads into the strut tube threaded into the inside oth the adjuster thread piece the opposite way it comes assembled so you cant see the threads fron the outside, thus making the car go like 2 inches lower.
                    Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                    Bimmerbuddies LLC
                    717-388-1256
                    2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                    bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
                      as others have said they could be on wrong basicly if you can see the top of the strut tube or any of it above the lower spring perch you did it wrong, i did this when i put the first one on, installed it how it was put together in the box and as i saw others install pics (who also did it wrong) before i realized that you have to have the small piece that threads into the strut tube threaded into the inside oth the adjuster thread piece the opposite way it comes assembled so you cant see the threads fron the outside, thus making the car go like 2 inches lower.

                      pics pleeease?

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Also keep in mind if you're having i difficult time compressing the spring for reassembling, then you probably did it wrong. I put mine on the wrong way the first time and got frustrated cause i couldnt compressing the spring enough to reassemble, until i realized the adjuster was unside down.

                        ASSEMBLE THE ADJUSTERS AS GIVIN OUT OF THE BOX. DO NOT FLIP THEM.
                        I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          my adjuster is all the way down, but oil pan still 4inches off the ground. M20 motor. i didnt put it upside down, cuz it didnt look like the pic above. and my spring wasnt even being as compressed as the above picture. its been almost 2 weeks now since i installed it.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Can someone post a picture of the front when they are low but with the car jacked up and the wheel off? i was too see how its supposed to look. thanks

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by Edirtyy808 View Post
                              my adjuster is all the way down, but oil pan still 4inches off the ground. M20 motor. i didnt put it upside down, cuz it didnt look like the pic above. and my spring wasnt even being as compressed as the above picture. its been almost 2 weeks now since i installed it.
                              Thats normal. Im all the way down and i still have plenty of ground clearance with my oil pan. Thats the advantage of still having an m20. their oil pans dont stick down as far. youre good :up:


                              Originally posted by white318ibmw View Post
                              Can someone post a picture of the front when they are low but with the car jacked up and the wheel off? i was too see how its supposed to look. thanks
                              not sure what youre trying to accomplish. its still gonna pretty much look the same with the adjuster up or down as the spring isnt compressed when its jacked up...
                              tell me what youre trying to figure out.
                              I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

                              Comment


                                #75
                                [quote=spike68;3280290]Thats normal. Im all the way down and i still have plenty of ground clearance with my oil pan. Thats the advantage of still having an m20. their oil pans dont stick down as far. youre good :up:

                                Lol, Thanks. but my fronts are not as low as others. i even cut off the spring perch. how low is yours? got a pic?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X