FCP Groton 7 Piece Control Arm Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FCP Groton 7 Piece Control Arm Kit

I recently received one of these kits (although I had ordered it through eBay) and am extremely impressed

For $165 shipped I received:
    2 FCP special control arms
    2 Karlyn Tie Rods
    2 Sway Bar end links
    1 pair of E30 M3 offset CABS

Unlike other shippers, the package did not arrive so quick. It was shipped via fedex (woohoo!) and took roughly a week to reach my home in WA.

I have to say I am very impressed, these parts are a steal for $165. I have not installed all of them on the car yet, but am in the process of doing so now. One thign I would like to mention though is that you MUST order tie rod boots and new lockplates, either from Blunt or locally or something. THEY ARE NOT INCLUDED.

Here is all the parts layed out, except the CABS. I put the parts I took off up too for comparison.

Here are the control arms, which are actually quite nice. The joints are all stiff out of the box, but from what I understand it should be that way.

The boots look secured nicely and have no tears

The ball joints are indeed stamped FCP, which means these are made specifically for FCP Groton

Outer ball joint

I bent my old control arm PRETTY bad :(

The included tie rod assemblies from Pelican alone are $24 each... here is a shot of one of the boots

I even weighed the parts. I know that in some hobbies weight is a sign of quality, for instance in stereo amplifiers. The control arms and tie rods included in this kit are both heavier than the OEM that came off my car

And tie rods...

The sway bar end links are obviously Taiwanese, they are a brand called "HLC". Though they appear good enough. They arent as critical as tie rods or control arms, so I feel comfortable running them. A shot of the ball joint on one.

Will give a review after I drive the car, and long term.

I can tell you that i have been on these for over 10000 miles with not one single issue.
    harry/harout

Comment

fcp parts are shit!
      buy the lemforder or mahle, especially with the 20% for the next couple weeks.

prepare to replace all that crap with quality parts soon.

Comment

They are shit.

Even if they last 2 years, I dont mind. $165 vs. $450 is alot of money. 2 years from now I will be in a better position financially to afford Lemfoerder or TRW

Comment

I have had this exact kit on my DD for the last year now... no problems what-so-ever. For use on cheap daily transprtation?? I would do it again in a heart beat. I would second guess putting them on a machine that gets regular track use, but then again my DD doesnt get that. For the price they cant be beat.

Comment

Anybody know Wasup with the poly CAB's? They're are wierd as in the inner rubber moves independent of the outer rubber. I was thinking they should be connected to give less play in the suspension for a stiffer ride like the stick bushings as far as the control arms go...
            DENY IGNORANCE!
            Schwarz 325-totaled
            brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
            don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

FCP on my car for years without any problems. I track it 3-4 times per year.

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
                fcp parts are shit!
                buy the lemforder or mahle, especially with the 20% for the next couple weeks.

prepare to replace all that crap with quality parts soon.
                I've had this kit on my car for several years (~20k miles), still nice and tight.

Do you have any actual experience to back up that claim; or is it just something you heard from a guy who knows a guy?

1987 325e - 5 speed - Mods: 3.25 LSD, Mark D Chip, Bilstein HD's, Ansa Sport

Comment

Just Sharing.

Just Wanted to share if anyone is buying anything from FCP Groton in the next 20 days... feel free to use this coupon code “maxrossi20” for 20% off any of their websites.

The #1 Online Source for Genuine, OE, & OEM European Replacement Car Parts since 1986. Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, Free Shipping, and Unlimited Returns Call: 1-860-388-9001

The #1 Online Source for Genuine, OE, & OEM European Replacement Car Parts since 1986. Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, Free Shipping, and Unlimited Returns Call: 1-860-388-9001

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30Gus View Post
                    FCP on my car for years without any problems. I track it 3-4 times per year.
                    I am even happier that I bought them after reading this!!:D

Comment

Well this makes me feel like i have been wasting my time and money trying to find a cheap set of quality arms and rods! I think i may just buy these since i am on a budget and this should get me by for a while!

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                      Originally posted by scabzzzz
                      I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                      1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                      2002 325i - DD
                      2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

btw how did you get it for soooo cheap!?

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                        Originally posted by scabzzzz
                        I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                        1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                        2002 325i - DD
                        2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Also running the FCP 7-piece kit on my DS 318is. No problems whatsoever.
                          My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

I have those arms on our LeMons car and the entire kit on my dd project car. 4 events on the lemon with no issues and they are still nice and tight. No issues with the install on my dd. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
                            #30 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
                            We need friends

Comment

I would use their sway bar links, but that is it. Honestly you are much better off using Meyle brand parts, the difference in quality is huge. I would at least suggest using the most expensive control arms you can afford, if for no other reason than they are such a mother'f to change, you do not want to have to do the job again in a year when cheap ball joints wear out.
                              Transaction Feedback!

Comment

Working...
                              X