luminis g4 hid kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

luminis g4 hid kit

next to the windshield reseviour for size purposes. Smaller than you think. The only ones that are smaller seperate the inverter from the ballast.

Hid bulbs are much larger than halogen bulbs. Try to see the blue, and youll see what the color is about. Its only a light blue colored bulb.

Nice aluminum heat sink ballasts.

I chose these over the cost leader which are xentech because of numerous bad reviews on xentechs waterproofing. So basically just reliability. Their youtube video shows them both underwater and xentechs failing.

same video showed me that they were all exactly the same brightness. The more expensive bulbs fire up faster and last longer, but here in 2012 even the bottom end bulbs are now awesome and fire up instantly.

These also have smaller ballasts That did not and does not matter to me at all. Our headlights have enough room for an xbox in there. BUT if I were to transfer these to fogs someday, having a small ballast on my bumper might matter a lot.

excellent quality. includes an extra male male cable that is unnecessary in our cars and just adds more connections that could corrode. You want that hella bmw connection straight to the ballast skip the chinese extension wire.

I used it anyway but will eventually go back in and pull it out.

I ordered 6000k bulbs the most common hid color.

If I had to do it again I would get 4300 or just white. the only difference is the bulb has light blue on it. So its easier to put some blue laminate on a white light than it is to try to put a white laminate on a blue bulb ( meaning impossible.) and a yellow laminate on a blue bulb now makes green..... basically a white HID is cool and versatile and a blue or purplle hid is permanently that color.

you want some yellow headlights someday or green? put on some laminate. The ones I got are sky blue as far as I know its impossible to ever make them yellow with a laminate.

took 1 minute to install.

bulbs have 0 startup time.

Much brighter than halogen but I cant measure for you.

required pointing my headlights up compared to before. I have no idea why but i suspect its lowering springs and the previous headlights were so dim I and the previous owner didnt care.

yours might not need adjusting at all.
    Last edited by stamar; 04-13-2012, 02:16 AM.

Those look pretty nice, and cheap!

Thanks for the reviews. If you can please post some pics!

Comment

what do you want pictures of, the ballasts or the lights on? the ballasts come in a random color and mine are pink.

I am trying to find a place to take a picture of the light shining on something so I can put one halogen light back in.

I got the sort of sky blue ones and your regular halogens are a light yellow. But I must say, it is not the brightness nor the color at all there is something illuminating about them like the difference between daylight and a flashlight.

I can turn the brights on, and that light is brighter and goes farther. Yet everything in this light is clear ( still hid) and everything in just the brights is shadowed ( might have to aim the brights take that with a grain of salt)

The package actually comes with more than pictured ( and it says all over the ad, only comes with whats pictured) it comes with 2 extension wires. Ill pull one out to show a picture of the packaging.

It comes with no documentation whatsoever in 2 cardboard boxes in a usps.

The cheapest hids I found were xentechs for 32$ these are 38.77

I have heard nothing but bad things about xentechs like they last a month etc so I bumped up the budget just one step.
      You can see on their testing videos that xentechs dont work when you turn the lights off then on ( thats gonna happen frequently when driving so f that)

These ones fire up instantly off on off on.

edit this same company sells the xentech ballasts( also badged as luminis) but strongly recomends these . The xentech ballasts can even be bought with the same kit and it comes out to 32$ which would be the cheapest set on ebay.

But they sell these ones with the more expensive ballasts. more like 15 apeice for replacements.
      Last edited by stamar; 04-11-2012, 01:03 AM.

Comment

By the way,

You can see from the small print on the ad actually

But the manufacturer of the ballast is Denso. Definitely a name brand in lights compared to most anything you would find on ebay. These come oem on asian market toyotas ( not the bulb just the ballast)

so this is just a reseller. If you find the same components somewhere else jump on them.
        Last edited by stamar; 04-11-2012, 12:05 PM.

Comment

added pictures.

getting a useful picture of hid light is harder than you think. Research the benefits of hid lights. I guarantee you its not just a brighter light its clearer.
          on the other hand all that comes out in a picture is how far the light reaches. It reaches barely any farther but everything inside it is clearer to your eye.

94% of people who have xenon lights say theyre great.

83% of people who bought a new car with xenon lights ( for like 500-800 mind you) say they will definitely order their next new car with xenon lights.

etc etc but none of the ads try to show you a picture because it doesnt reproduce. go see it.

In general bulb quality of this set is like all other hids but just a touch below oem. ( im refering to bmw oem, bosch)

If you were smartest you might buy just the ballasts for 28$,( thats what they cost with no bulb inputed) and then spend around 21 for some miramoto bulbs.. which are the best bottom end bulbs and essentially top end quality.( edit http://www.ebay.com/itm/MORIMOTO-3FI...ht_2895wt_1185 40 for a set of morimotos)

they do give you a package discount for their bulbs so 10 more bucks even for back up hid bulbs or a different color sounds reasonable. research hid bulbs seperately but just keep in mind that anything thats cheap is actually these same bulbs but an older version ( like GE hid bulbs or whatever)
          Last edited by stamar; 04-12-2012, 12:49 AM.

Comment

That is a real tiny ballast. Makes it easier to hide it.
            And you need new female connector on the coolant bottle.
            » PARTS FOR SALE
            » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
              That is a real tiny ballast. Makes it easier to hide it.
              And you need new female connector on the coolant bottle.

what you mean on the pressure sensor thing on the overflow tank?

whats missing? show me somewhere.

The thing works but it often gives false alerts. or do you just mean its ugly?

Comment

These are made by matec in china.

They are sold as Denso in asia, but they are not the same as oem denso keito like in a lexus.

they are currently the worlds smallest hid ballasts. I just got mine so I have no long term review.

But the same company has made different size ones in the past and I found universally good reviews. They are primarily sold for motorcycles that need extremely small ballasts.

they also make the worlds smallest 55w ballasts the x5 which are significantly larger.

Comment

one bulb shook loose, fell out, broke and burned a hole in my headlight.

thankfully not ruining it functionally but its uglier...

took em both out put in the regular headlights.

my problem was with the bulbs but fuck it its gonna cause a fire.

I do have the opportunity to get the 4300 bulbs now....
                  Last edited by stamar; 06-08-2012, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X