No announcement yet.

MarkD chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha daz what im talking about.. dude. im broke. and i have my markd Chip on the list of upgrades to do(just waiting for mail). lol just put down 1 dollor for every minute you spent thinking up dumb lame ass excuses. by the end of (this already dead thread) you will have about 3 brand new chips, 2 dicks to stick on your 1 little ass whole. stop bitching.
    Operation S/C E39M5.:woowoo:

Comment

Installed the 19lb 93 octane chip and noticed an improved throtle response at mid rpm range from 3k to 4.5k. I have driven the same car with a 153 DME, stock injectors with a BMP chip switched and then with a stock 173 DME. There was a definite difference in throtle. Now using the Mark DSylva chip and there is definetily a much felt improvement to mid rpm range throtle response even over the BMP chip.

It took about 20-30minute of driving to get the DME adjusted to the 19lb and the chip. The issue was idle but once adjusted the car has been idling and running great. I dont have any dyno sheet or numbers but the improvement is there. Specifically in the mid range throtle response, and no thats is not a "placebo" effect.

The best $/hp ratio of any performance buy I have made for the ole E30.
      Last edited by rcko; 08-26-2007, 06:58 PM.
      sigpic
      - 0.05s and 0.1s FTW!!!

Comment

Just got off the phone with Mark, seems like a pleasant and knowledgeable guy. I will be ordering a chip in the next few months after all of my adult/parenting responsibilities are resolved.
        Randall Racing and Engineering
        Acworth, Georgia, 30101
        http://www.facebook.com/RandallRacingandEngineering

Comment

Originally posted by O 16581 72452 5 View Post
          I know what goes in to making a chip, i've written them for Hondas and studied them. I don't know what he's using to write the program for the chips, but there's programs like Crome and Uberdata that guys make and give out for free.

Anyway, once the program is written, spend say $300 on dyno time to give a good tune to an M20 engine which maybe he has, or maybe he asked a friend to let him borrow it, $40-$100 on a chip burner depending how well it looks ($40 is for the kind with no casing), $5 a piece or so for an PROM chip and let's just assume he already has a laptop or if he bought one to do chips, let's assume he uses it for more than just making chips, therefore not part of the money in to the chip.

Total invested: $400 and $5 per new chip.

Profit is after two chips were sold.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

When a chip is $250 and a clone is $50, i rather just buy the clone and risk it being a JC or Dinan copy and like i said, for maybe $100-$125 shipped, i'd gladly give the guy money for the thing to know it's legit and will do what those dyno graphs show.

Obviously the people are making profit copying the chips and that's all Mark has to do now that he has the program written, if they're making profit from $50 shipped, Mark would be making more profit than them for $125 shipped.

Hell, maybe just have a month long special for that price to see what happens, i'd certainly buy one insted of a used or cloned one because that's the only way i'd buy one of these chips.
          I'm with you on having a month long special! Consider this, computer companies have been able to double the processing speed every few months. Chip manufacturers have constantly been on the cutting edge of technology and we the consumer benefit. When chips are updated, we benefit from lower costs as line efficiency increases. Therefore, if a Mark D chip is no longer at the cutting edge, or if competition increases, we need to lower the price to move product or improve product to remain at the forefront of technology to justify price. So, Mark D, if your product has not improved in the last 6 months, give us all a price break.

Comment

Originally posted by BeLzEbUb58 View Post
            I'm with you on having a month long special! Consider this, computer companies have been able to double the processing speed every few months. Chip manufacturers have constantly been on the cutting edge of technology and we the consumer benefit. When chips are updated, we benefit from lower costs as line efficiency increases. Therefore, if a Mark D chip is no longer at the cutting edge, or if competition increases, we need to lower the price to move product or improve product to remain at the forefront of technology to justify price. So, Mark D, if your product has not improved in the last 6 months, give us all a price break.
            Yeah, because there is SO MUCH innovation for your 25 year old shitbox...
            '89 325is S50 Track Montser
            '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
              Yeah, because there is SO MUCH innovation for your 25 year old shitbox...
              +10

if you don't like mark's pricing, your free to go elsewhere arn't you? no one is forcing you to buy one. don't rip off someone's intellectual property because you don't like their price.
              '12 F30 328i Sport Line
              '91 SpecE30 #523
              '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Cmon guys... this is a product review thread, not a price debate. If you don't like the price, move on.

So I recently just installed MarkD chip into my 318is after months of collecting dust and I'm really liking it. You definitely feel a difference in throttle and a slightly stronger pull. A great upgrade for the m42!

Comment

MarkD took a solid second off my quarter mile time. Consistently, every single time. How's that for bang for the buck?
                  '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                  '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

why is everyone on this Mark D's case? it looks to me like his chip is a good chip. Plus, the others out there might be pretty good as well, and they cost more money. so why dont the others lower there price? if ppl just did there research the world would be a better place. i will be buying a chip, and i'm going to look at all of the chips tht i can find.
                    so if anybody knows of a chip for a 325is auto...let me know.
                    '02 Outback wagon
                    '87 325is 5sp
                    '93 Kawasaki ZR1100

Comment

...STILL have not received my $40 refund promised ages ago. I love the chip, but this is just bad business.

Comment

MarkD is the man. Too many cheap, whiney bastards in here. Felt some great gains on the butt dyno (and i'm sure I'd see something on a real one). Well worth the price paid for the chip. Would not hesitate to do business again if I picked up another e30.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                          ...STILL have not received my $40 refund promised ages ago. I love the chip, but this is just bad business.
                          Sorry about that. I have some others to send out also. The delay was due to my diabetes type 2, which was really bad for 2 years. It's finally getting back under control. Those refunds WILL be sent, and I hope to do that in a few weeks.

MarkD
                          URL: www.dsylva-tech.ca

Comment

Just bought an m42 chip from mark, havent got it yet but was wondering....

Are there any better gains from an intake or deleting the cat converter? or should i just leave my stuff stock and not bother?

If anyone knows that would be cool. Thanks -Evan

Comment

Originally posted by quillbro View Post
                              Just bought an m42 chip from mark, havent got it yet but was wondering....

Are there any better gains from an intake or deleting the cat converter? or should i just leave my stuff stock and not bother?

If anyone knows that would be cool. Thanks -Evan
                              Hi Evan,

just leave the car stock, that is what the chip is tuned for. My shipper should be shipping you order out Monday.

Mark
                              URL: www.dsylva-tech.ca

Comment

Mark,

Glad you are feeling better and thanks for producing high quality items for our cars.

L
                                sigpic
                                New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                                %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
                                X