Lamin-X

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • deutschman
    replied
    Lamin-Xed my '02 today

    had it on my e30 as well. love their stuff.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    Originally posted by Jean
    I ordered a set, we'll see what they look like.
    They arrived, but a "set" is not enought for 2 headlights.... need to order another to make it complete.

    Leave a comment:


  • bimmer_E30
    replied
    i got mine's yesterday, installed them lastnight, got some new bulbs for the fogs and now have a working foglights...woooooooo!

    now off to the headlights :S

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    Originally posted by mamzak
    Personally I think the 3M stuff is better
    Its different material, the Lamin-X is made of PVC vinyl and will hold up better than the 3M material.

    Leave a comment:


  • blefevre
    replied
    I love clear lamin-x on my ellipsoids. You have to be about 6 inches away to somewhat notice they are there. Well worth the protection imo.

    I used to have the "smoke" on my turn signals but I didn't really like it. I think lamin-x is only good for clear protection.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    I ordered a set, we'll see what they look like.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30_(1st Musk)_
    replied
    Originally posted by Jean
    So, where do you guys order it from? I want a smoked set.

    Are these for ellipsoids or sealed beam headlights - http://www.lamin-x.com/BMW-E30-82-91...rs-p/b306u.htm ?

    i think there for ellips because it has the slots for the nipples?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    So, where do you guys order it from? I want a smoked set.

    Are these for ellipsoids or sealed beam headlights - http://www.lamin-x.com/BMW-E30-82-91...rs-p/b306u.htm ?
    Last edited by Jean; 07-17-2010, 09:47 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • mamzak
    replied
    Personally I think the 3M stuff is better

    Leave a comment:


  • Mo Brighta
    replied
    Pardon me, but are you all talking about tinted film, or clear?
    I am quite impressed with another brand, and I have seen the LaminX.

    It's Xpel Technologies, about twice as thick so not good on domed lights or sealed beams, but exceptionally clear. Very durable. absolutely invisible when installed right, so NOT a fashion statement on my car (I have clear), just a way to save big $$$ keeping rocks from cracking a lens. I was finding it hard to get the right size from them, and tired of cutting them to the right size, so I custom ordered a size to fit BMW headlights, 5.21 inches diameter.

    I found out that BavAuto sells this at $49 per set of four, 5" diameter, so they didn't fit and were quite pricey. I now get it as a dealer, way less, $20 or so per set of four the RIGHT size, in four colors if you are interested. Clear, yellow, blue, smoke.

    Holler if anyone is interested in more info, they have a very nice web page with lots more real data than the LaminX site. www.xpel.com, look for technical data.

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • SimplyDope
    replied
    pre-cut?

    Leave a comment:


  • bimmer_E30
    replied
    Got mine today,

    only took 3 days to get it here, perfect everything!

    Leave a comment:


  • joonsup
    replied
    i like laminix. had some tint colored ones for my ellips and after a couple months i decided to go with yellow and i pulled off the tint and slapped them on my other e30 for the hell of it and it still stuck and most of hte bubbles are gone after letting it bake in the sun for a while

    Leave a comment:


  • SimplyDope
    replied
    Just ordered some pre-cut clear covers for my euro ellipsoids (everything should be delivered, and consequently installed, in two weeks time).

    Pictures to follow of course...

    Leave a comment:


  • bimmer_E30
    replied
    pics of the smoked and yellows on your car guys?

    mine should be here on monday!!!

    Leave a comment:

Working...