Lamin-X

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tonytony
    replied
    get h4s or ellipsoids cause you're just wasting money when you burn out your sealed beams

    Leave a comment:


  • SlapDash
    replied
    Not smoke tint, yellow...

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    sorry, but no, smoke tint film doesn't make sealed beams look cool. it makes you look like an idiot. ;)

    works great on my turn signals though. smoke > clear any day..

    Leave a comment:


  • SlapDash
    replied
    Sometimes we must suffer for fashion. I put Lamin-x on my sealed highs because I like how it looks. Yes, I can barely see two feet in front of me, but damn it looks cool. Plus, I have four giant Hellas waiting to be installed. That should take care of the dim.

    Leave a comment:


  • daniel
    replied
    Originally posted by thundering02
    I'll take the swing for the dumb question of the day... is it really that bad to do a sealed beam? other than replacement issuse?
    why would you spend any money on protecting a $5 headlight?

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Sealed beams just barely put out any light, and to cover them up with Lamin-X would be a no no.

    Leave a comment:


  • thundering02
    replied
    Originally posted by Turf1600
    You're going to laminx sealed beams?
    I'll take the swing for the dumb question of the day... is it really that bad to do a sealed beam? other than replacement issuse?

    Leave a comment:


  • neo328ci
    replied
    Originally posted by Turf1600
    You're going to laminx sealed beams?
    I'm buying ellips.

    Leave a comment:


  • Turf1600
    replied
    Originally posted by neo328ci
    I've had these on every single car I've owned.
    • Fogs on 2000 328ci
    • Fogs on 2005 325i
    • Fogs on 2003 M3
    Just ordered some for fogs and high beam on the e30. Great product.
    You're going to laminx sealed beams?

    Leave a comment:


  • neo328ci
    replied
    I've had these on every single car I've owned.
    • Fogs on 2000 328ci
    • Fogs on 2005 325i
    • Fogs on 2003 M3
    Just ordered some for fogs and high beam on the e30. Great product.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    Not always true. The product has what they call bounce back or rebound and sometimes when cut with the plotter it will deform a bit not causing it to fix perfect. Laying it on and cutting it with a sheet applied assures that the product is perfect and you do save a few bucks.

    I would not recommend this method though to ones that have not used this product extensively!

    Well worth the money though!

    Leave a comment:


  • Sean5294
    replied
    ^^ what he said :) mine came out perfect with no bubbles at all

    Leave a comment:


  • CorvallisBMW
    replied
    The trick is to heat it, and the headlight, with a hairdryer before applying. It makes it softer and much easier to apply. Also reduces the risk of bubbles/wrinkles.

    Also, don't buy the square sheets and try to cut it yourself, It will never be as good as their pre-cut E30 kits.

    Leave a comment:


  • jwm5
    replied
    ^ how long did you have it on the lights? I installed some on fog lights and when first installed it is not great and can be bubbly, but the longer it is on and especially after using the lights, the film adheres to the lights and the clarity of the film is now perfect.

    Leave a comment:


  • uofom3
    replied
    I really disliked the stuff. I applied it properly and it just doesn't look right. I'd use it for the track to protect the glass, but not as a true "mod".

    Leave a comment:

Working...