UUC System U and TRM Chip (24v content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UUC System U and TRM Chip (24v content)

After seeing a dyno graph of a chipped S52 by TRM making 80% peak torque at 2500rpm, and hearing all the good experiences, I decided to go with them for my S52E30. I'm running an OBD2 exhaust setup into a UUC System U, a ltw 323i flywheel in a 260, M/S50 manifold, a euro HFM, and an AA 3.5" CAI. I was suprised to find out they make some adjustments for the flywheel and the exhaust as well. I was even more suprised to find that once I get the car dyno'd with AFR's taken, they will revise the tune at no extra cost. This is excellent, especially since I plan on changing my exhaust setup soon.

Customer service was on point - I called around 5:00pm and they shipped the chip out that night - it arrived the next morning. I was unable to specify the exact ecu in the car, but thankfully the chip worked fine with no EWS issues.

Compared to the old chip (no idea on the name), there is a night and day difference. The car pulls like a freight train to 7k, with an almost superchargerish feeling. It just keeps pulling, and pulling, and pulling. The old chip would fall flat on its face after 6k. With TRM's tune, it screams all the way to redline. A hard shift into second makes traction problematic, despite the fact I have no rear swaybar.

I hope to get it dyno'd soon - there seems to be a shortage of TRM tuned dynos floating around.

I had a '95 M3 a while back, and the engine was bone stock. I chose a UUC System U for an exhaust, mostly due to cost reasons. It looked nice, was fully stainless, and seemed to sound good in the exhaust clips. A lot of people mentioned it was on the loud side, but it seemed just right based on the sound clips I had heard. I was pretty damn happy with my purchase, given that I've bought a second one with is now on the e30 :grin:

It's not nearly as loud as some people made it out to be. Certainly tolerable. It doesn't drone much, if at all. The exhaust note is satisifyingly deep. It's a beautiful piece - really clean welds, and nice looking tips engraved with the UUC logo. On decelleration it burbles quite nicely, and the growl it makes on acceleration sounds awesome. It also cost me $470 shipped from UUC! Caught the 15% off and free shipping sale just when I was ready to order! Right now I think they've got them for $550-650 or something like that.

From newest to oldest.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

TRM chipped installed as of last night! (Thanks Nak!)Pulls like a freight train to 7k now. The ecu needs a wee bit more time to adjust to the new chip, but g...

e: Bonus video of the e36 with the System U - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwGdv...eature=channel

You got a good deal on that exhaust!

Man, it must make a difference cause out of my M20, the system U is wayyyy too loud. Going to sell mine if any of you who watch these and like it, let me know.
    turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
    Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

sounds amazing!!

ive been looking for an exhaust for my E30 swap and i think i might have found it!!
      I like to build things with metal n stuff

Comment

Ya my trm tune is night and day better then the AA chip I had. My m52 pulls much smoother and harder, all the way to 7000rpm. I was seriously impressed with the way I was treated and the price was stupid cheap for the quality of the product. My friend runs a TRM tune for his turbo e36 and it's the same story. Runs great

++ to Mike Mccoy of TRM.

Comment

If I ever go F/I I'm definately coming back! I'm hitting up Deal's Gap tomorrow morning since I go to UTK - it's an hour away. Going to call TRM while the car is screaming to 7k and thank them again :)

Comment

I have a TRM chip coming in tomorrow for my M50 swap. Can't wait after seeing this video and what a difference it made! :D
            I like to build things with metal n stuff

Comment

Trm ftw!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Two View Post
                After seeing a dyno graph of a chipped S52 by TRM making 80% peak torque at 2500rpm, and hearing all the good experiences, I decided to go with them for my S52E30. I'm running an OBD2 exhaust setup into a UUC System U, a ltw 323i flywheel in a 260, M/S50 manifold, a euro HFM, and an AA 3.5" CAI. I was suprised to find out they make some adjustments for the flywheel and the exhaust as well. I was even more suprised to find that once I get the car dyno'd with AFR's taken, they will revise the tune at no extra cost. This is excellent, especially since I plan on changing my exhaust setup soon.
                so you are changing your exhaust again?
                sigpic
                24v swapped

Comment

I was originally looking at replacing the OBD2 headers and midsection with SS replicas and a custom catless midsection, but I have a contact that can weld titanium....

Comment

How did you mount your exhaust? I just got one and im doing my swap this week. Matt
                    sigpic
                    24v swapped

Comment

who sells TRM chips? do they make one for the euro motor?
                      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

There website is www.racersmarket.net. Matt
                        sigpic
                        24v swapped

Comment

We don't have anything for any euro motors. Sorry.

Comment

sweet exhaust.
                            84 ETA

Comment

Working...
                            X