Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated: Morimoto MLED 2.0 and Micro D2S Retrofit Kits

Hello!

I am creating a new post because I have revised these adapters to allow for an easy DIY solution for HID and LED projector retrofits. Everything you need to convert your factory projector style headlights to bi-xenon HID projectors or bi-led MLED 2.0 projectors. Available in both LHD and RHD.

View additional details and prices at esgprints.com. And @bmw_e30_retrofits on IG for pictures, examples, other people's installs, etc.

Thanks!

Which is better the bi-xenon? or the bi-LED?
    TJ - Alpine 88' 325IC

sigpic

Comment

Also what kind of bulbs fit in the MLED 2? I can't find any specifics on their website.

Edit: I looked at a lightwerkz video someone commented the MLED 2 is like a sealed beam, so when it fails, you'd have to replace the whole unit, yeah not good.

Alright let me ask change my question, is Micro DS2 better than Mini H1 8.0?
      Last edited by hozzziii; 04-26-2023, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gilber33 View Post
        Hello!

I am creating a new post because I have revised these adapters to allow for an easy DIY solution for HID and LED projector retrofits. Everything you need to convert your factory projector style headlights to bi-xenon HID projectors or bi-led MLED 2.0 projectors. Available in both LHD and RHD.

View additional details and prices at esgprints.com. And @bmw_e30_retrofits on IG for pictures, examples, other people's installs, etc.

Thanks!
        Are you still making the adapter kit for the morimoto 8.0 smiley depos ?

Comment

Originally posted by hozzziii View Post
          Also what kind of bulbs fit in the MLED 2? I can't find any specifics on their website.

Edit: I looked at a lightwerkz video someone commented the MLED 2 is like a sealed beam, so when it fails, you'd have to replace the whole unit, yeah not good.

Alright let me ask change my question, is Micro DS2 better than Mini H1 8.0?
          Correct. It's a complete assembly. But longevity of the unit isn't a concern of mine. They also have a 5 year warranty.

Micro D2S would be considered better than Mini H1. It's more of an OEM style bulb/projector and will have a sharper cutoff than the H1.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerwolf View Post

Are you still making the adapter kit for the morimoto 8.0 smiley depos ?
            I no longer make the kits for the Mini H1 projectors - only the Micro D2S projectors.

Comment

So I have some Depo Smileys with the older H1 bi-xenon conversion from SquareD Motorwerks (I think it was one of the first conversions on r3v). IIRC it involved doing a little trimming of some of the plastic bits inside of the front of the housings. If I wanted to convert to the Micro D2S setup, do you foresee any issues resulting from that?

The cuts are shown in steps 5 & 6.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
                So I have some Depo Smileys with the older H1 bi-xenon conversion from SquareD Motorwerks (I think it was one of the first conversions on r3v). IIRC it involved doing a little trimming of some of the plastic bits inside of the front of the housings. If I wanted to convert to the Micro D2S setup, do you foresee any issues resulting from that?

The cuts are shown in steps 5 & 6.
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByM...L5inDfKP9WPlmQ
                The same trimming has to be done for these due to the size of the projectors. So if you've already done that, then there's nothing else you would need to do to yours. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Comment

I have an OEM Hella Smiley set on the way for the BI-LED's !!!

Comment

Just ordered the MLED 2.0 for US Ellipsoid. Hope I can get them installed before version 3.0 comes out!

Comment

does it work with depo lights?
                      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I don't have an e30 anymore but you're making me wish I did. Nice work here! If everything were all black it would look very OEM
                        Current_SeeDee 1972 e10 Luna 1975 e10
                        Past___Veronica 1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

Comment

Working...
                        X