Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treehouse Racing Control Arm Bushings GB- Shipped!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would also consider being an "in".......
    I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

I am in for a set.
      sigpic
      1990 E30 325ic (sold for more than I paid for it after 5 Years)
      1995 E30 325e (in progress)
      1987 E30 325is (totaled)
      1990 E30 325i
      1991 E30 318is M50 PWR
      1996 E36 328ic
      1997 Z3
      2006 F150 Super Crew 5.4L 6.5' bed The work horse (need something to drag all these old BMW's home for resurrection.)

Comment

The GB isn't going to happen. Apparently, too many people expressed "interest" on the last one (myself included :oops:) and then didn't follow through. It looks like we are all on our own.

Comment

and they just said no?........why couldn't they offer a price when and ONLY when X number of people get on board......, if that x number is not met then no deal.......they would have nothing to lose.....group buys can be a bitch for all involved but if they work they rock.

Comment

I'll be in, but what is the difference between these and the regular m3 bushings? Just easier to work with. Are these bushings just for the front and arnt there more than one bushing on each of the control arms? Sorry for my noobiness, I really need to jack the car up and take a look under there.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonH
              The GB isn't going to happen. Apparently, too many people expressed "interest" on the last one (myself included :oops:) and then didn't follow through. It looks like we are all on our own.

lookey here..no GB....dead

Comment

Originally posted by JoelRKaplan
                Originally posted by JasonH

lookey here..no GB....dead
                I saw that, I was just thinking, the more people, the better the chance.

Comment

I'm sure if you guys get 10 people together and have 1 person call and say that they would like to buy 10 sets and are wondering what it would cost you could get some kind of deal.
                  sigpic

Comment

His initial response to me was positive, then the second I received was rather brief and he dismissed the idea. I informed him of the number of people who had expressed "interest" or where "in" and was told that many of these people were the same ones who had expressed interest in the first GB. I can guess at what he was implying, but I had my reasons for not being able to buy a set AT THAT TIME. He still got 21orders. He added that GBs were a huge amount of work (or something to that effect), which I can certainly understand. If someone else wants to approach as well, go for it, but I may have to just go ahead an order a set so I can move forward with this project.

Comment

I dont want to beat a dead horse but how is a GB alot of work for a retailer?
                      He gets an idea of those involved, pushes some numbers around and voila!...comes up w/ a price. I just completed a discount price for this board for koni's and after many interested more than vansihed I just asked retailer to come up w/ a code word for us.....now we can just call and get the discount using the code........he did this knowing the group about disappeared.........thanks for your efforts though and again, GB's can be a hassle for the person trying to set it up........

Comment

Originally posted by Schneider325
                        I'll be in, but what is the difference between these and the regular m3 bushings? Just easier to work with. Are these bushings just for the front and arnt there more than one bushing on each of the control arms? Sorry for my noobiness, I really need to jack the car up and take a look under there.
                        So what IS the difference between these and the M3 bushings???

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

Originally posted by JoelRKaplan
                          I dont want to beat a dead horse but how is a GB alot of work for a retailer?
                          He gets an idea of those involved, pushes some numbers around and voila!...comes up w/ a price. I just completed a discount price for this board for koni's and after many interested more than vansihed I just asked retailer to come up w/ a code word for us.....now we can just call and get the discount using the code........he did this knowing the group about disappeared.........thanks for your efforts though and again, GB's can be a hassle for the person trying to set it up........

having run 2 GB's its not nearly that easy. The amount of questions you get, the number of "tentatives" you get etc. make it a supreme task to weed out what is a "real number of those willing to buy" and "Tire Kickers"

The amount of lost time spent answering anf fielding questions also cuts into productive time you could spend earning capital for the company.
                          Below the radar...

Comment

Dont get me wrong, by no means was I saying it was ez ...BUT....the hard part really falls on the person on this board arranging it. I always assume that those who come on board for a GB know what they want and what they are buying and so are past the point of asking often inane questions to the retailer. When we do a group buy it usually only appeals to those who already knew about the product and just were hesitating due to costs. I still think it is relatively a no brainer for the retail seller...he has a captive paying audience. If someone asks 100 questions toward the retailer and then ends up not buying(or even buying) I see it being a PITA. I just see GB participants as people in the know on the product and are ready to go based on the reduced price. Sorry to babble but these forums are wonderful and I really think if we could harness our numbers and power, we would NEVER have to pay retail if we were committed to our words.

Comment

joelRKaplan- Off topic, but you wouldnt happen to know a kaplan that teaches at stockton would you?
                              90 325is
                              IE stage 3s and refeshed m20....

Comment

maybe a cousin....have some out there

Comment

Working...
                                X