No announcement yet.

Massive - Adapters for Recaro seats on BMW sliders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made a few extras. 3 sets are up for grab. I almost finished packing and will ship everything in the morning. Next batch will be when everyone will have installed their adapters and will give feedbacks. I don't foresee any improvement though.

Anyway. The regular price is $109 (per seat) plus shipping, but if I get a Paypal before 8AM on Saturday, you can have any of the remaining units at GB price. Check previous posts. After 8AM, I'll be gone shipping.

BTW The adapters that everyone will receive are 100% compatible with old and new style Recaros, including the newer Sport Line. The adapters have both bolt patterns.
    Last edited by Massive Lee; 05-21-2010, 06:12 PM.
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

All paid orders have been shipped. A tracking number will be comunicated for those who went with the Express shipping. Those who required a cheaper rate have no tracking number.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Damn, should have checked back sooner. Oh well, I'll shoot you a PM.
        '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
        '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

Originally posted by kway View Post
          Damn, should have checked back sooner. Oh well, I'll shoot you a PM.
          It pays to visit r3v often...
          PM replied.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

All tracking numbers have been sent. Most will get the kits by Friday/Monday. One person living on the Pacific island will get them in 3 weeks. ;-(

The version of the kit that everybody will receive is the "fits-all-Recaros" kit. The updated kit. Meaning they fit all 6 and 4 bolt patterns, old and new Recaros. This version was made while waiting for the re-machined stepped stainless shims. Yup. That was the surprise. You are getting a better version than anticipated. 3 units left at $109.00 per set (one seat).

The adapters pictured above are the units I was supposed to ship before changing my mind toward "universal" Recaro mounts. These will only fit the 6-bolt Recaros (therefore excluding the newer Sportline and Trendline) but including KRX, KRS, LS, SRD, Speed, VW Trophy. I have 14 sets available at the regular price of $89.00. Once this batch is gone, only the universal adapters at $109.00 will be available.
            Last edited by Massive Lee; 05-22-2010, 05:21 PM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
              All tracking numbers have been sent. Most will get the kits by Friday/Monday. One person living on the Pacific island will get them in 3 weeks. ;-(

The version of the kit that everybody will receive is the "fits-all-Recaros" kit. The updated kit. Meaning they fit all 6 and 4 bolt patterns, old and new Recaros. This version was made while waiting for the re-machined stepped stainless shims. Yup. That was the surprise. You are getting a better version than anticipated. 3 units left at $109.00 per set (one seat).

The adapters pictured above are the units I was supposed to ship before changing my mind toward "universal" Recaro mounts. These will only fit the 6-bolt Recaros (therefore excluding the newer Sportline and Trendline) but including KRX, KRS, LS, SRD, Speed, VW Trophy. I have 14 sets available at the regular price of $89.00. Once this batch is gone, only the universal adapters at $109.00 will be available.
              Lee,

How much should I be paypaling you with shipping for:

A - base mounts

Lemme know, will paypal you like now hehe.
              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

The units that fits 6 and 4 bolts Recaros are now $109.00 each set (one set fits one seat).
                Shipping is $27 for one set or $35 for two sets. Shipping cost is an average between left and right Coasts. It varies within $2 or $3. Sometimes I am under. Sometimes I am over.

Otherwise the version that fits only the 6-bolts seats (as pictured) is $89.00 per set until the batch is gone...

Last edited by Massive Lee; 05-24-2010, 02:30 PM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Keith and Denis. Your adapters have been shipped. Expect them by Friday. I already sent you tracking numbers. Denis, your set comes with the new packing boxes. All previous boxes needed about 15 minutes to fabricate... Urghh.

Three universal sets available - $109.00usd ($27 shipping - $35 for two)
                  Ten old-style-Recaros sets available - $89.00usd ($27 shipping - $35 for two)

Last edited by Massive Lee; 05-25-2010, 11:51 AM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Some people should start receiving their Recaro seat adapters on Friday. ;-)
                    I'll be away, starting on Friday noon, for a race weekend with the Boondock Motorsport e46 at Le Circuit Mont-Tremblant. I'll try to check r3v on evenings.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

cant wait.

Looks like a fund weekend Lee.
                      sigpic
                      New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                      %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
                        cant wait.

Looks like a fund weekend Lee.

Thanks Lee! Can't wait to bolt it up to this:

Last edited by dude8383; 09-06-2010, 08:47 PM.
                        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Just wondering who has received their adapters. One member let me know that his VW trophy seats have the regular bolt pattern, but that the bolts are 8mm, and not 6mm as to Recaro's guidelines. Probably a specific VW request. Other Recaro seats seem to be 6mm from pictures. If you have a set of VW trophy seats, drilling out the 6mm holes to 8mm will take a few minutes.

Don't hesitate to post pictures.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

I received mine, I dont know why Im shocked at the quality but I was. Great finish, instructions, packaging, etc. etc. Exactly what I would expect from a Massive product. Showed it to several people that came to the shop, they were impressed as well.
                            sigpic
                            New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                            %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Thanks. It's a good start for a new product. I have since improved packaging with stock boxes. I am waiting for some people to install their adapters and give feedbacks, so that I can write a precise "manual" and see what needs to be improved.

The current main unknown is about the 8mm vs 6mm fasteners.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                                Nice new logo there...
                                sigpic
                                '86.5 325eis Track Ho | '08 128i DD | '04 Silverado Tow Vehicle

Comment

Working...
                                X