GAZ REGULAR & GOLD Height adjustable Coilover Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GAZ REGULAR & GOLD Height adjustable Coilover Kit

I am thinking about starting up a group buy for Gaz coilover suspension. Obviously, the more people who buy this kit, the cheaper it will be. I am still working out a final price. I supplied a link where you can read about these coilovers.

Yes you can order custom spring rates.
    Prices do not including shipping to the UK and back.
    The sales price is based on the you supply of your existing front struts, from which they will build the kits and then dispatch back to you.

GAZ GOLD Height Adjustable Coilover Kit - For racers

normal price is £845 which equals out to $1013

GAZ Height Adjustable Coilover Kit - more of a street kit

normal price is £565.00 which equals out to $774

The rear coilover can be used as a traditional coilover or remove the spring and have the spring mounted to the original stock location.

The below images were taken from Redish Motorsport

OMFG do want
    [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
    Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

2 issues.

A. The setup will require MAJOR reinforcement of the rear shock towers.

B. You cant use those rear springs in the stock location either as they are 3 times too tall, plus you then lose the ability to change ride height.
      sigpic

Comment

3. Shipping your olf struts to the UK means long down time and double shipping cost

4. Only a 2 year warranty which would again require long downtime and shipping to and from UK
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
          2 issues.

A. The setup will require MAJOR reinforcement of the rear shock towers.

B. You cant use those rear springs in the stock location either as they are 3 times too tall, plus you then lose the ability to change ride height.
          Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
          3. Shipping your olf struts to the UK means long down time and double shipping cost

4. Only a 2 year warranty which would again require long downtime and shipping to and from UK
          A) Obviously if you choose this set up, you'd already know what is required for this.
          B) They'd will supply a different size spring but of course let me confirm what size...
          C) Two weeks to convert your struts. I would recommend sending spares if you can get a hold of them, thus no downtime.
          4) Compared to other vendors and their warranty, whats the difference?

Do you honestly think those Taiwanese coilovers have the a better warranty? They dont even have the race pedigree.
          My friend recently bought a set of 4100s AST and they took over 2 months to get here. They still havent sent the rear springs to him. Also, you still have to modify your strut yourself. What of you mess up? With these you send yours out and get them back complete.

Comment

Red flag...

36 way adjustable and pillow balls on street systems just bleeds Taiwan technology...
            Suspension tips here...
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DRTSRFR View Post
              36 way adjustable and pillow balls on street systems just bleeds Taiwan technology...
              Oh really? I wonder where they got their ideas from?

Gaz suspension has been around since 1967. They sponsor UK race series and events. Just google Gaz suspension and you'll easily find them in race prepped cars.

example:

Design and Construction of a Mini Marcos Mk.3 Race Car (Bob Polak / Number 73)

other forum
              Conversions & Swaps - LS1 into a Vauxhall Astra Coupe - As title, just started this project, car is at the strip out stage ............. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/Pete123/Carpicsb4surgery002.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/Pete123/CopyofCarstripout007.jpg...

I'm not the type to post in forums. If there is little to no interest, then I will cancel the group buy.

Comment

Heh, Don't be fooled...

This was specifically designed for them too...http://www.raceperformancemodified.c...trut_Brace.asp

Suspension tips here...
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XvillainousX View Post
                  Do you honestly think those Taiwanese coilovers have the a better warranty? They dont even have the race pedigree.
                  i get a 2 year warranty, spring length and rates and shock valving to my liking included in the cost of my taiwanese coilovers. but they also make stance coilovers and some oem sutff too....

oh and i track my car, as do many other people who run thier cars with this taiwanese brand.

just my .02
                  My feedback:
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
                  @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

I ran a custom Gaz setup on my e28 and I can tell you that the quality of the parts is top notch. Obviously I can't speak for the e30 setup exactly but if you have any questions feel free to ask.
                    $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

Originally posted by bataangpinoy View Post
                      i get a 2 year warranty, spring length and rates and shock valving to my liking included in the cost of my taiwanese coilovers. but they also make stance coilovers and some oem sutff too....

oh and i track my car, as do many other people who run thier cars with this taiwanese brand.

just my .02
                      I have never seen dedicated ROAD RACING car in either NASA nor SCCA with any Taiwanese brand coilover in their car. The only people I would image using taiwanese brand coilover at the track are enthusiast. I would love to see a build thread posted on the NASA boards where they used taiwanese brand coilovers. Heck I want to see a PRO-3 thread where they used a taiwanese brand. That would be a good laugh. Gee I wonder why those taiwanese brand(s) don't sponsor a title series? Probably because all the drivers would complain their shit sucks. Whereas Gaz does sponsor a race series in the UK. Gaz's primary market is the Europe.

Here are some more build threads of other e30 that use Gaz coilovers. I am sure most of you have seen these thread.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

this guy mentioned he will use gaz coilovers too
                      Last edited by XvillainousX; 06-10-2010, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Interesting...

Comment

Can you show pictures of the suspension mounted on a e30 ? Also r the springs progressive and what r the spring rates ?

Comment

Originally posted by XvillainousX View Post
                            My friend recently bought a set of 4100s AST and they took over 2 months to get here. They still havent sent the rear springs to him.
                            Took me 3 months to get mine, and an extra week for my rear springs, it was pretty ridiculous. Sometimes I wish I looked at the Gaz set-up a little more seriously before I dropped so much money into my AST's. When I compared to TCKline which were $1800 the price difference didn't seem so bad, but Gaz is damn cheap!!!
                            -Darius (aka DiscoDoughnuts on other forums)

dude man bro...

Comment

hmm tempted to go away from my 5lug setup to run these.... a true rear coilover setup for e30 looks like the shiznite!!

now you may ask what does 5lug have to do with anything...well, i just dont trust sending my 5lug struts out for fear of them being lost/stolen/replaced unknowingly with 4lug parts, then i would be ass out.
                              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X