E30 CATBACK GROUPBUY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 CATBACK GROUPBUY

Ok everyone to clear somethings up I called Jeff Ireland today and it looks like we should start shipping directly to you within a week. If anyone has any mixed feelings or wishes to withdraw from the buy please email me and I will refund your money. Again I apologize for the wait but we have been at the mercy of Ireland. If you have any questions feel free to email me personally or call us at greg@seambmw.com or 719 686 0572. Also if you would like to get in on this now email me or PM me and I will work with you.

Thanks,

Greg Scrivner
    Vice President
    SEAM

been more than two weeks now....

.... and still we wait! :roll:
    sigpic

Comment

SEAM lost out on a sale from me because they would never answer their phone, makes me iffy when I can't get a hold of a business when I called 3 times each, friday and today.

Comment

knock, knock...............

I don't mean to beat a dead horse........... but I'm beginning to worry that we've been taken. It's been silent on Seam and IE's part for too long.

It's easy for Seam to say that it's "out of their hands", but it's still their responsibility to explain WHY their customers have been charged and not recieved the product. If there is a problem with the factory not getting these orders filled and shipped to IE, I'd like to know that.

I've taken it upon myself to contact Ireland (twice in the past week) and gotten no reply. I don't know, maybe you guys have had better luck?

Anyone received their cat-back or been in contact with Seam or IE? Mid-April ship date is turning into mid-May. I've never partaken in a "group buy" so maybe this is just the way it works. My patience has worn thin as has everyone else's, I'm sure.

Forget beating a dead horse, I'm ready to beat down their doors!
        sigpic

Comment

The Ireland Engineering web-site stills shows these CatBacks as backordered. It IS nerve-wracking, and this is my first participation in a group buy also. My gut tells me there isn't fraud involved, but that IE hasn't been able to get their manufacturers and suppliers to act in a timely manner. $300+ shipping IS a great price, and that's what prevented me from cancelling the order myself. Has anyone gotten credit on their pre-payment after cancelling the order?? If fraud was involved and if no refunds were forthcoming this would be automatic felony stuff: receiving monies across state lines, amounts received, etc. It'd be easy to track everyone down for prosecution. But again, my feeling is that SEAM got caught out by IE's lack of supply and the unexpected numbers of people here who want the catbacks. Greg Scrivener has called and e-mailed me about this SEAM BMW problem and I do feel like he's doing his best. So I'm still waiting, with faith.

Comment

I hate to have to say this, but thought it was important.

mid-to late-last month i had had enough and cancelled my order. I couldn;t have my money tied up like that for that long; i spoke with greg and he understood and made good point that he'd refund my $.

more than a week after that or so i had seen no credit and could get noone on the phone /by email at SEAM... i went to my bank and had the charge reversed. My bank took care of it and i've been out and clear for the last week or so; still no responses to the calls / email i put in after cancelling. My bank did mention something about refunds pending but i'm not sure if it was SEAM or if it was another item i had returned at a local store.

I don't want to post my opinions or downtalk anyone. I'm just posting facts.
            Jay

Comment

.......light at the end of the tunnel

Got a reply from IE on Monday. He said the cats should be arriving within 48 hrs. He wasn't very impressed that I contacted him though. In short, he said we're Seam's customers..... not his! :roll:
              sigpic

Comment

Hey don't be discouraged guys. I actually bought some IE stage III's and urethane motor mounts from them, and they also told me they were at the mercy of Ireland. But nonetheless I did receive my order within a week. They'll get you your product.

Comment

Anyone recieved theirs yet. My purchase depends on it.
                  Grant Wescott
                  1991 Sterling Silver 325iX stock (daily driver)
                  1991 Black 325i stock (parts)

"Eine Wurst, drei Größe"

Comment

IE Cat-Back

I too need an exhaust, mine is all rusted out and constantly drones. I'm definately interested in the group buy, has anyone received their order yet though? How long has it been since you guys were charged?

Joe

Comment

Catback arrived!!

I got mine an hour ago. Quality piece, well worth the money. Also extremely well-packaged so it arrived with no damage whatsoever. My wife's always telling me to have more faith in people, and she's right. So thanks for the great deal and the forthright communication SEAM BMW. I'll order from you again. :D

Originally posted by Grant
                      Anyone recieved theirs yet. My purchase depends on it.

Comment

I just got mine a couple of months after being charged, but it was worth the wait and I can't wait to get it on!

Comment

fretburnr (Jay),

I've been trying to get a hold of you for quite a while by phone I'm not sure if I have the wrong number or what but anyway's I've been trying to get you your refund, but after you canceled your order your invoice was shredded for security so we don't have your credit card number anymore so we have not been able to reimburse you. If you could give me your phone number again or just authorize me to send you the money via money order I would be more than happy to. I apologize for the way your purchase went but I hope you understood the circumstances, if you are interested the catbacks have finally arrived around a week ago and we have them in stock. Again if you can either email me with your decision or if you could give me your phone number I would be glad to work with you on resolving this situation.

Greg Scrivner
                          Vice-President
                          SEAM

Comment

I'd like to see pics and a sound clip of it installed. I'm thinking of buying one.

Comment

Is it possible to still get in on this buy?? Maybe pick up one of the cancelled orders??

Comment

Working...
                              X