Motorsport Roundels - *Feeler for new ideas!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorsport Roundels - *Feeler for new ideas!*

So, I'm trying to figure out if there's interest in a new type of hood/roundel. Instead of it being just a flat vinyl overlay, I'm thinking of doing the clear acrylic domed ones (like the steering wheel/centercap ones) that would actually replace your physical hood/trunk roundels. You would basically just have to remove the 2 little plastic grommets that fit in the holes in the hood/trunk, and apply these in the recess for the stock ones.

Also, how about inserts (with the motorsport roundel, not the ///M) for the top of shift knobs? They would have the shift pattern, too.

I will also still be offering the steering wheel roundels from the last buy, as well as wheel centercap roundels.

But I have a 5 speed!

Comment

Well, of course they'd be the 5 speed pattern, silly.

Comment

Oh you! :p

Comment

def. interested for a steering wheel emblem at the very least

Comment

i'd pay for a shift lever one that said r3v instead of ///M
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
              i'd pay for a shift lever one that said r3v instead of ///M
              Like the r3v that's in the logo at the top of the site, in the banner? That's not a bad idea at all...

Comment

Another idea here kids, what would you all think about having these produced (the insert in the top of this shift knob)? They would be super-easy to make.

Comment

Are they going to be better quality?

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                    Another idea here kids, what would you all think about having these produced (the insert in the top of this shift knob)? They would be super-easy to make.

This one has my vote 'cause it's neutral
                    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by e304me View Post
                      Are they going to be better quality?
                      They'll be the same as they were before. As I explained in a previous thread, this is a graphics shop that specializes in vinyl signs and vehicle wraps, they are not a mass-production badge manufacturer.

Of the literally dozens of these emblems that I've sold, I've had 3-4 people say they were dissatisfied with the print quality of them. I agree, that if you look at them from 6 inches in front of your face, that you can see very small pixelated edges and very light pixelization in the graphic itself.

I'm sorry that they can't be 100% OEM quality and razor sharp. I'm offering what I can, trying to put new products into the community. If you like them, I'd love to continue to offer them. If not, don't buy them. I'm sorry if I'm coming off a little rude here, but this is what it is.

Comment

I'd definitely be interested in real acrylic Motorsport roundels so long as you're referring to the old school version like your overlays.

Comment

Yep, it would be the same Motorsport roundels.

Comment

I vote striped shift knob insert to fit oval knobs

Comment

From a seller's perspective I'm sure these would have a pretty broad appeal. I'd be willing to wager you'd sell a trunk full on 2002faq.com .

Comment

Working...
                              X