Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 Smiley Euro Smoked Cross hair & Chrome Projector Headlights!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got mine in mail today also will take pics tommorrow

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
      got mine in the mail today, the glass is so pretty! anyways, how do the rear caps come off these? i tried twisting/pulling but didnt want to pull to hard and break something.
      Same thing happened to me....

Twist it a little harder. It'll come off

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
        Same thing happened to me....

Twist it a little harder. It'll come off
        thanks. christ those are on their solid, my roommate walked by when I was grunting from the strain and was like WTF dude

Comment

so anyone with sealed beams installed these yet. Would love a DIY writeup to know how to go about this.

Comment

When did you order the bulbs/when did they come?
            can't remember exactly, but I know it didn't take more than a week or so to get them. when i ordered my ST sways from them however, HOLY SHIT almost a month

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
            thanks. christ those are on their solid, my roommate walked by when I was grunting from the strain and was like WTF dude
            LMFAO!

Originally posted by Trptguy View Post
            so anyone with sealed beams installed these yet. Would love a DIY writeup to know how to go about this.
            1. remove the 3 mounting screws holding the sealed beam assembly to the body
            2. unplug sealed beams and throw in trash
            3. mount new smoked smiley DEPO awesomeness where sealed beams once lived using same screws you removed
            4. buy DDM HIDs before removing sealed beams (w/o 9005/6 adapters)
            5. plug male ends from HID harness into existing sealed beam socket (i'll go look and see which is pwr, gnd is brown on both sides)
            6. turn on awesome new lights

If you live in NorCal i'll do the whole install for $50. I even have some nice double side tape to secure the HID ballasts ;)

you do need a dremel to modify the caps to accept the HIDs, but every shadetree should invest in one of these anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by bwawuz02 View Post
              5. plug male ends from HID harness into existing sealed beam socket (i'll go look and see which is pwr, gnd is brown on both sides)
              Need help on this...

How do I get the original headlight plug (plugs into the back of a sealed beam, 3 prongs) to plug into the ballast?

I'm going from sealed beams to the DDM kit with these headlights.

Comment

the terminals on the HID harness should be flat male disconnects like these:

These are the female disconnect terminals from a sealed beam plug that was disassembled. There is no need to disassemble, just plug the male from the HID harness into the proper slot instead of wire-nut-capping the third one like this guy did.

this might help someone: http://www.billswebspace.com/E30Ligh...mationXMon.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by bwawuz02 View Post
                  the terminals on the HID harness should be flat male disconnects like these:

I don't think I have those connectors....

These are the female disconnect terminals from a sealed beam plug that was disassembled. There is no need to disassemble, just plug the male from the HID harness into the proper slot instead of wire-nut-capping the third one like this guy did.

this might help someone: http://www.billswebspace.com/E30Ligh...mationXMon.pdf

Comment

Here's my DIY....

Comment

I installed them today and will take pics in a bit but now highs and lows don't stay on light on old stick lights

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Comment

If you had sealed beams the highs and lows would never be on at the same time.

You have to jump the relay (#30) to get them to both stay on

Comment

Do you have any of these pointed towards a wall? I would like to see the cutoff
                          +1. can you provide some pics, jaywood?

Comment

Are these currently in stock Ary? Your site shows they are out. Please confirm. Thanks.
                            Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                            If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
                            Originally posted by J3M93
                            This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarz3 View Post
                              Are these currently in stock Ary? Your site shows they are out. Please confirm. Thanks.
                              In stock ready to ship;)
                              www.esmwheels.com
                              www.dtmfiberwerkz.com
                              Toll Free: 800.729.5450
                              Local: 818.341.9903

Comment

How's the quality on these? Any reviews?

Comment

Working...
                                X