No announcement yet.

Garagistic motometer e30 odometer gears -$25 shipped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far down the list am I? I have my system apart right now waiting for these....

1987 BMW 325ic - Emma

Comment

I installed my gears today. I didn't take any pics, but clicks above are all you'd need anyways. Unlike his, my gears were all white, and appeared to be pretty cleanly made. I didn't use a magnifying glass, so I don't know if the little holes on the teeth were there or not.

They were pretty easy to install, but they are tiny and the yellow "collars" do fit very tightly, do your install in a clean area so if you drop anything you can retrieve it. The mesh on most of them were very good, with the small drive gear being a little loose as shown in clicks install. Use the link that Garagistic gave for install pictures.

I now have a working odometer! I had heard some rumors that these could be a little noisy, but mine are very quiet at speeds up to 60. I used a tiny bit of lithium grease to lube the teeth, and it seemed to help when I was turning the gears by hand.

Final verdict? 10/10, I'm very happy. Thanks to Garagistic for sticking with this and bringing these to market at a great price.
      1973 Bavaria

Comment

We are glad they worked out for you. Yes there are some gears that are white and some are black. We are experimenting with pigments, but the gears are the same. We are working on another prototype (will not effect orders) that makes the spacer easier to put on (might even be already on the gear).

Thank you for the pics click.

Please remember the gears are harder then the factory so if they make noise, add a tiny bit of lithium to them and you wont hear a thing!

Please follow instructions that can be found on our website.

Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

Originally posted by Brian D View Post
        I installed my gears today. I didn't take any pics, but clicks above are all you'd need anyways. Unlike his, my gears were all white, and appeared to be pretty cleanly made. I didn't use a magnifying glass, so I don't know if the little holes on the teeth were there or not.

They were pretty easy to install, but they are tiny and the yellow "collars" do fit very tightly, do your install in a clean area so if you drop anything you can retrieve it. The mesh on most of them were very good, with the small drive gear being a little loose as shown in clicks install. Use the link that Garagistic gave for install pictures.

I now have a working odometer! I had heard some rumors that these could be a little noisy, but mine are very quiet at speeds up to 60. I used a tiny bit of lithium grease to lube the teeth, and it seemed to help when I was turning the gears by hand.

Final verdict? 10/10, I'm very happy. Thanks to Garagistic for sticking with this and bringing these to market at a great price.

Comment

Added myself to the mailing list.
          '87 325i

Comment

Installed my gears last saturday and since then have logged just over 170 miles. Took me maybe 15 minutes to install.
            The gears itself felt very durable and strong. There were pits in my gears aswell. More on the center of the gears, close to where the shafts go. Couldn't tell if any were on the teeth as mine were white. As far as noise goes, I haven't heard anything from them but it could be cause I've got solid motor mounts.

I actually caught myself looking more at the odometer going up than on the road the first time I drove it cause it was the first time I've seen those number move since I had my e30.

Great product. Thanks again Garagistic.
            '87 Zinno 325e

Comment

Its a great feeling to see the miles rolling again isn't it? Its an even better feeling that you didn't have to spend a fortune to do it. ;)

Invoices sent to the last of the initial group buy members.

E30Kaiser
              cactusjacks1
              nrubenstein
              Carlos_M3
              oh2fly
              crazyvwobie
              EASe30
              regnu
              blunt
              e34john
              M42Technik
              88SuperETABD
              chasiubao

EVERYONE ON THE WAIT LIST AND THE EMAIL LIST!

You will receive an email with the link to the product as well as the coupon code you need to input to get your item at $15 shipped on THIS SATURDAY 3/3/12

For everyone else and whoever wants in on this at this point. We will be posting the coupon code on here sunday. There will be a one week "window" for any forum member to use this coupon code and still get the $15 deal before its gone! The new price for r3v members will then be $20 shipped. EXPIRES: SATURDAY 3/10/12

If someone wants to fill in the people on e30tech.com at this point that would be much appreciated!

Originally posted by blindwOw View Post
              Installed my gears last saturday and since then have logged just over 170 miles. Took me maybe 15 minutes to install.
              The gears itself felt very durable and strong. There were pits in my gears aswell. More on the center of the gears, close to where the shafts go. Couldn't tell if any were on the teeth as mine were white. As far as noise goes, I haven't heard anything from them but it could be cause I've got solid motor mounts.

I actually caught myself looking more at the odometer going up than on the road the first time I drove it cause it was the first time I've seen those number move since I had my e30.

Great product. Thanks again Garagistic.

Comment

Freaking sweet! payment sent.
                John

Comment

Got the email, payment on the way.
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

can i add myself to the list to get em for 15?

Comment

I'm out. Next in line can grab 'em, my car is fuxt
                      Reminiscing...

Comment

payment sent, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JFarhanbod View Post
                          payment sent, thanks

All paid orders will go out today. Thank you for your buisness.

Comment

Email sent.

Comment

Received mine yesterday, will install this weekend. Thanks garagistic!

Comment

motometer gears

got my order today, thanks.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X