Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POWER TOP VERT SUBWOOFER...finally.

Guys, we have been waiting a VERY long time to say this:

We are now accepting deposits on the power top 'vert box.

If you know you want in no matter what, send me a deposit NOW. Please be patient though, this relocation has caused some pretty significant backlog. We are almost through it now, and should be 100% caught up over the weekend.

You power top guys already know what the install entails, right? If not, please read the tutorial. BTW, there will be a new recommended woofer shortly. Soundstream has a perfect option coming soon, literally on a boat from China as we speak.

So, lets talk about the box.

There will be a super basic version that will require you to cut your factory "under cover" to fit to the top of the box, or just have a butt-ugly install with an exposed motor...you don't wanna do that, do ya?

You will also have the option of buying a spiffy motor cover that will mean no cutting of the under cover, meaning this will replace it. Expect that to take a couple weeks to ship out and expect it to be about $75 or so.

Last but not least, there will also be an amp rack. The amp rack will eliminate spare tire access, so go ahead and do that BBK and pay up your AAA towing if you want one of our beautiful racks.

Let me explain a little of our process. Basically, we take a car, design a product, build it and then do the install documenting every single measurement and taking all the pics we can. This part is a pain in the butt, but it means we can duplicate the design precisely. That is why a "model" is necessary, and why it takes so long.

The model is here, now. Just as soon as we work through our backlog, we are on this and there is very little time. We have to get through this build in less than 2 weeks...I need me some head scratchin' time, right?

As far as cost, figure the basic kit will be $250 and anyone who sends me a deposit gets free shipping.

Bailout coupons will be accepted on this deal, but are NOT a deposit...send money NOW if you want in on this first batch.

Let me know what you think or send a deposit. PayPal is sales@germanaudiospecialties.com

If you have to have answers tonight, I am headed to a pool tourney. Feel free to call me: 425-761-6450

Thanks!
    Luke

August R3VLimited Special: E3012 "V3" box: $225 shipped

Tutorials: Killer $500 Stereo | E30 Vert Dual 8'' Box Installation | E3010 Amp Rack Installation | Radio Wiring and Amp Bypass

Wow, not one reply on R3V?

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I for one think this idea is smashing. Now if I just had a power top vert … See you Sunday Luke.
      Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

No worries Luke. I'll be in as soon as I squeeze the funds out of the accountant.
        Suspension tips here...
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Bump

Tutorials: Killer $500 Stereo | E30 Vert Dual 8'' Box Installation | E3010 Amp Rack Installation | Radio Wiring and Amp Bypass

Comment

PM sent.

Bring it on.

Comment

More progress today on this new design...no pics yet. Looks like it is gonna be about 2" deeper, but should work out OK.

I am busy getting all the backorders out too, we are up to our elbows right now. If any of you guys are thinking about this, get in touch with me any way you can. Right now I would guess sales@germanaudiospecialties.com is going to work best.

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Goddamnit I need more monies.

Sounds awesome!
                -Dave
                2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

What a bunch of fucking weenies!

I get fucking PMs, messages, emails, whatever, all saying "when can I get a sub for my vert, I can't get laid" and for 4 fucking years I put up with this shit...now I have invented a fucking brilliant way to get good solid bass with the top down AND leave some luggage room...and not fucking one of you queers has actually ponied up and sent some fucking money WHILE I HAVE A FUCKING CAR SITTING HERE! WTF, assholes, what the hell do you think this is? You fucking BEGGED me, I am fucking DOING it and I have not fucking ONE actual payment except from Cabriolet, and that was before the car came up here.

I am gonna put this out right now: get some fucking money to me STAT or I drop the whole fucking thing and say a big fuck you to the power top vert.

I am doing this fucking stupid roofless pile of shit for YOU, so fucking send money or the whole deal is off.

Cash NOW or get stuffed, got it?

Luke

Comment

Originally posted by German Audio Specialties View Post
                    I am gonna put this out right now: get some fucking money to me STAT or I drop the whole fucking thing and say a big fuck you to the power top vert.
                    Well, I want one. Simply put though, getting the car on the road takes precedence. If the boxes are gone by then, I'll get over it.
                    -Dave
                    2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveSmed View Post
                      Well, I want one. Simply put though, getting the car on the road takes precedence. If the boxes are gone by then, I'll get over it.
                      Dave, What will happen is that we will soon have a fully functional website. I have given up on having anyone else build it, I am just gonna buckle down and do it myself. When this happens, all prices on everything will go up and I will focus on promotion outside of R3V. As you likely know, that has started already.

You guys already know my prices are far lower than any competent car stereo shop for a far far superior product. Better engineering, better fit, better performance, blah blah blah. Plus, I help you get it together, all DIY, so you get that satisfaction of knowing you did a good job. Hell, I will even give any of you my phone number so if you get really stuck you can CALL me!

How it works is I use the money from selling to my usually loyal R3V following to develop these products, so people on R3V get them for lower prices, as they help me to develop them. Sounds fair, right?

I get help funding development, you get a better deal. Sound fair?

So, stuff like this that is 100% "customer request", stuff that I don't even want to do at all and is only a response to all the people pestering me (4 fucking YEARS of pestering!) is really important to me to get done.

Basically, R3V requests, I do my best to get it to you. Makes sense, right?

So now, I have gone WAY the fuck out of my way to get this stupid fucking box done. I drove a buddies car 2 hours AND am GIVING him about $400 worth of shit just so I can get this box to you guys, my loyal R3V following...and not one single person has sent me money...ZERO.

I kinda take that as a big FU. You ask, I am offering, and then NOTHING.

Can you see how I feel here? I have already spent more time doing the DIY than just about any other instructional tutorial here, likely more time than ALL other instructional DIY posts together, and no love from R3Vs power top guys at all.

So, this will happen, but maybe we will just develop it and let the plans sit. I can make one hell of a lot more money doing the E36 or E46 boxes, but this is what you guys asked for, so get on it!

Luke

Comment

Am I still the only one that has sent money for this?

com'on guys pitch in, I want boom.
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Guys, we are pulling the plug on this.

The couple of guys who want in are already in, I won't let you down. You will have your boxes, but no special deals for anyone else.

Luke

Comment

Well then shit...I guess I'm out of luck:(

...didn't realize you were in such a hurry Luke. I'm not a 20 something year old kid with nothing better to spend my money on. I have a family, two kids in college, and very little project money...at least for the next 4 years. I save my few extra pennies for stuff like this.

If you'll still take a deposit, I can get one to you. If not, oh fucking well...
                            Suspension tips here...
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GCMARK View Post
                              Well then shit...I guess I'm out of luck:(

...didn't realize you were in such a hurry Luke. I'm not a 20 something year old kid with nothing better to spend my money on. I have a family, two kids in college, and very little project money...at least for the next 4 years. I save my few extra pennies for stuff like this.

If you'll still take a deposit, I can get one to you. If not, oh fucking well...
                              Yeah, I am borrowing a car from a friend to develop this with, the timeframe is very short. When this is a regular item on our site, it is going to be priced at $450, and frankly, I do not give a fuck if we ever sell one, these are a pain in the ass to even contemplate, much less build.

Mark, since you are one of 4 or 5 people who actually had the courtesy to communicate with me, you are still in as far as I am concerned. I told you in the PM that $100 would be a fine deposit, I never heard back from you...but my shitty internet means I can't trust my inbox or my outbox, literally dozens of messages have been lost...so last I heard, you were juggling stuff around to pull this off. I certainly understand priorities, BTDT. Car stereo is a luxury item, and that is how it should be.

Let me know what you wanna do, I got you covered however you wanna do it.

Luke

Comment

Working...
                              X