Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mishimoto aluminium radiators (both regular and X-line)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mishimoto aluminium radiators (both regular and X-line)

These will fit later model >87/9 e30 cooling systems and earlier systems after changing a few parts.

Regular E36 mishimoto rad:

MSRP: $340 R3V Price: $255 SHIPPED

X-Line

MSRP: $440 R3V Price: $330 SHIPPED

The core of an OEM Z3M rad is 38mm, this beast is 61mm!

Check here for fitment:
    It is no surprise that an M60 / M62 requires more cooling capacity. There were two styles of radiators in M20 e30's 1988+ and pre 1988. If you have 1988+ then an e36 or a Z3M (e36/4) radiator will fit without modification. If you have a pre 1988 then 'it drops in, no mods, using

16" slim fan MSRP: $110 R3V: $83 (shipping free with rad) perfect for swap guys

If your still looking for more cooling I have a Davies Craig electric waterpump kit:
    MSRP: $228 R3V: $205

Read here why:
    Last edited by noid; 07-06-2012, 05:13 PM.
    Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Hm. My swapped car is running a bit warm. Does the X-Line rad sit further back in the bay? I can only imagine it does. I have very little room between the motor and the rad as is. Are you shipping these from LA or Ont? I'm assuming shipping to NS from CA is not gonna be included...

Love the website btw.
    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Everything is in the USA. To ship to NS, The price would be $405 shipped UPS or $410 Shipped via USPS. Still cheaper then MSRP including shipping.

I don't have an X-line in my e30 but from what I can tell it would stick inward a bit more then stock. As per this picture it doesn't look to be that bad thought:

Appreciate the compliment!
      Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Comment

Please tell me you guys are going to be making a M42 rad?
        sigpic

Comment

^^^
          fyi mishi doesn't make something for m42, but you can use the e36 m3 one if you are willing to add an overflow tank from a late e30 325 (you also need the support foot from the e30 325 rad)
          87 'vert~~~~~~~89 s50~~~~~~~~~91 318i~~~~~~~~87 s50~~~~~~~~~R.I.P. '91 318i

I Need used SIR tools

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
            Please tell me you guys are going to be making a M42 rad?
            I don't work directly for mishimoto so I couldnt tell you. However it seems as the radiator in the 318is m42 is used in all of these e36's: http://realoem.com/bmw/partxref.do?p...r=1&series=E36

Makes me think that the e36 rad should also fit an m42 application; dont quote me on that though, I am nowhere near sure of that.

Comment

Originally posted by absolutdog View Post
              ^^^
              fyi mishi doesn't make something for m42, but you can use the e36 m3 one if you are willing to add an overflow tank from a late e30 325 (you also need the support foot from the e30 325 rad)
              Originally posted by noid View Post
              I don't work directly for mishimoto so I couldnt tell you. However it seems as the radiator in the 318is m42 is used in all of these e36's: http://realoem.com/bmw/partxref.do?p...r=1&series=E36

Makes me think that the e36 rad should also fit an m42 application; dont quote me on that though, I am nowhere near sure of that.
              Yes I know I can adapt a E36 M3 rad I was just hoping that they might have been making a M42 rad with built in over flow. Just for simplicity and tidyness.
              sigpic

Comment

The x-line would be overkill on anything naturally aspirated imo.. I have a euro s50 with the regular mishimoto and it works great, so great in fact that when I'm cruising on the highway it blows cold air through the vents. My temps never passed 180* either.

Comment

Yeah, I just got my system bled properly and the stock rad is doing an OK job now but I'd really like something newer to replace the ancient one that's in there and a little more assurance for when the car is ready to hit the track again.
                  For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                  Originally posted by mbonanni
                  I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

I've got a Mishimoto from an E36 in my late model E30, works like a charm

Comment

Does anyone know if the thicker rad fits with an s52? If i am going to buy one, i might as well get a thicker one.

Comment

[QUOTE=noid;3252623]These will fit later model >87/9 e30 cooling systems and earlier systems after changing a few parts.

Regular E36 mishimoto rad:

MSRP: $340 R3V Price: $255 SHIPPED

What parts?

Also, will the stock e30 cooling hoses mate up to it?

Comment

Here are a threads relating to swapping from early to late radiator:

Comment

what cfm is the mishi fan?

Comment

Originally posted by maneeno325e View Post
                              what cfm is the mishi fan?
                              CFM

FAN DIAMETER
                              385mm

FAN RPM

NUMBER OF BLADES

CURRENT
                              ~13.5

VOLTS
                              12.14V AMPS

VELOCITY FT/MIN

INLET PRESSURE WHILE TESTED

AIR TEMP WHILE TESTED
                              61° F

PURCHASE INCLUDES
                              Mishimoto Fan
                              Limited Lifetime Warranty

Comment

Working...
                              X