16x8 et20 Rota sliptreams $550 shipped!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Digitalwave
    Are you sure that weight is right? I know Slipstreams are lighter than Grids, and my 16x7" Grids are only 14.5lbs each. I know a 16x8" would be heavier but it wouldn't seem by that much.
    i think yer rite TJ. i just looked up the weight of a Slipstream 16x7 is 13.9...so a 16x8 shouldnt be another 2.8lbs...then again, maybe it is...
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

The 17x8 slips are over 20lbs so 16.8 seems about right for a 16x8. Hopefully they are lighter.

Comment

Golde30, it's all up front and wait 8 - 10 weeks. Atleast it's going through a business but it's a group buy, they're always a step out on faith.

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball
          Golde30, it's all up front and wait 8 - 10 weeks. Atleast it's going through a business but it's a group buy, they're always a step out on faith.
          *crapping my pants*....hmm shelling out $550 now, and wheels will arrive in roughly 8-10wks aka: 3 months....will have to think about that one.

Comment

Do it! I have researched them alot and found nothing but good feedback. Seems like 18racing is very easy to deal with

one example from a Mini forum:
            I received my Rota Slipstream wheels in white yesterday. These wheels look really nice, especially considering the price ($490/4 delivered). I put them on the digital scales and they weigh 13 lbs. each.

I must admit that I was a bit sceptical about sending a check for $490 to a company I had never heard of and that had an incomplete web site for wheels that were months from being delivered. However, Jessica at 18Racing stayed in touch during the wait period and was always quick to respond to my questions.

Would I buy from them again? Absolutely. In fact, I'll probably be in the market for yet another set of wheels in the very near future. Since the AK Monzas are no longer available, this is our only reasonably priced lightweight wheel choice in 16 X 6.5.

Comment

i wonder if these wheels will apear to have somewhat more of a lip, seeing as they're 8 inches wide and et20

also, can we get any color choice? I want the color pictured, but with a polished lip. if not, I could just polish the lip myself
              Originally posted by blunt
              can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord
                i wonder if these wheels will apear to have somewhat more of a lip, seeing as they're 8 inches wide and et20
                i wonder aswell. ive never seen slips with anything other than a et35
                -Greg
                90 325isT - 12.2 @ 120ish - Dyno Results
                b18c5 EG Coupέ - 13.5 @ 100ish - Dyno Results

Comment

looking at the picture posted on the scca forum of the 16x8 5 lugs the lip is the exact same. I wouldn't expect a deep dish look since it's not a 3 piece wheel. I bet the extra inch will be on the back side.

Comment

if we all agree in polished lips then we can get it that way rite? polish lips FTW...

Comment

i wish we could all get what ever color we wanted but we need to agree on something soon.

the 2002 maniac and i dont really care as long as its not white, bronze, or silver. flat black was the original suggestion by 8ball. lets post our choices to get this done.

1. gun metal
                      2. flat black
                      3. gun w/ polished

Comment

Is there any extra shipping to hawaii?(96740)

EDIT: Also, would 245/45 16's rub on the strut with this wheel?
                        Last edited by 808BMW; 02-15-2006, 09:52 PM.

Comment

gun w/ polish

Comment

Originally posted by golde30
                            gun w/ polish
                            at the least post a second option so everyone wont feel so bad if majority rules against your favor ;)

Comment

there's no way I want a polished lip, flat black for me.

Comment

Originally posted by xLibelle
                                at the least post a second option so everyone wont feel so bad if majority rules against your favor ;)
                                oh i didnt know those were your 3 picks, i thought those were the options.

1.sports bronze
                                2.bronze
                                3.gun metel w/polish lip
                                4.flat black
                                LOL.;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X