No announcement yet.

Chariot Gauge - Wideband O2, Boost/Vac, Oil pressure, Temp and Voltmeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been eyeing widebands for awhile and was getting ready to pull the trigger when I found your gizmo. Looks great for my setup and I'm quite psyched to pick it up. So, just a couple questions.

I'm considering picking up the 14point7 Spartan Lambda controller/o2 sensor to use with the Chariot controller and my iphone 5. Any experience with your gauge controller and the 14point7 being used together? Also, I assume any future datalogging updates will be downloadable to ios for free, correct?

Thanks for your time and keep up the good work!

Jeremy
    Super Lurker

Comment

Originally posted by smapdee2k View Post
      I've been eyeing widebands for awhile and was getting ready to pull the trigger when I found your gizmo. Looks great for my setup and I'm quite psyched to pick it up. So, just a couple questions.

I'm considering picking up the 14point7 Spartan Lambda controller/o2 sensor to use with the Chariot controller and my iphone 5. Any experience with your gauge controller and the 14point7 being used together? Also, I assume any future datalogging updates will be downloadable to ios for free, correct?

Thanks for your time and keep up the good work!

Jeremy
      Hi Jeremy - Shouldn't be an issue using the 14point7 wideband controller as long as it outputs a linear analog signal (for instance 0v - 5v for some AFR range). The voltage range and AFR range are adjustable in the app so any view will work as long as it's linear. Typically a broad range is setup from the factory that would show a good portion of lean, stoich, and rich areas (7 AFR up to 20 AFR) but most controllers can "zoom in" to a more granular view. As long as you set the app to reflect what the controller is outputting you're good to go. Lambda can be displayed instead of AFR as well if you would like.

All updates to iOS have been free and will continue to be! I recently released the plotting/datalogging update for Android - the same update is coming to iOS shortly.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Originally posted by codrum View Post
        Hi Jeremy - Shouldn't be an issue using the 14point7 wideband controller as long as it outputs a linear analog signal (for instance 0v - 5v for some AFR range). The voltage range and AFR range are adjustable in the app so any view will work as long as it's linear. Typically a broad range is setup from the factory that would show a good portion of lean, stoich, and rich areas (7 AFR up to 20 AFR) but most controllers can "zoom in" to a more granular view. As long as you set the app to reflect what the controller is outputting you're good to go. Lambda can be displayed instead of AFR as well if you would like.

All updates to iOS have been free and will continue to be! I recently released the plotting/datalogging update for Android - the same update is coming to iOS shortly.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
        Very cool. Thanks again.
        Super Lurker

Comment

Thank you! You should have an email with the tracking number.

Comment

I've been making good progress on the iOS charting. I have the chart-area built and user interaction mostly complete. Next is handling how the "plot objects" are built so they can be configured on the fly depending on which gauge's data is being fed into the chart. Plus the number and type of sensors will be expanding in the future so it should take as little code as possible to build new plots.

It doesn't look like a lot yet but there's a lot of code behind functionality that will let it work with the data being fed into it.

Comment

The overall look of the plot is kind of crap right now BUT! it's taking the data that I feed it and plotting it correctly so whew. Big hurdle maneuvered. More to come...

Comment

Blam

Looking much better and the real-time movement of the x-axis is working. Next up is adjusting the y-axis based on the available data.

Comment

Well that sucked. Apple's 8.0.2 iOS update screwed with the Bluetooth library a little bit so I spent the weekend tracking that down and getting the app up-to-date. Then there's all the updates for the 6/6+ iPhones just to get the app submitted. If you're having issues with 8.0.2 the update is in the pipe, waiting for Apple to review it. Should be working on all iOS devices once the 1.0.3 update is approved.

I'm almost finished with the charting/datalogging update. I bought a house in the last few weeks so that's been slowing the process down a little but I'm just about ready to push that out. I need to add in the labels/data fields to the top ribbon for all gauges then finally point the bluetooth adapter at the object that receives and processes the data.

Comment

Looks like I lucked out in the review process. Apple reviewed and approved the update in one day. If you're running iOS 8+ version 1.0.3 is available and fixes the Bluetooth connectivity issue.

Comment

Originally posted by codrum View Post
                      Looks like I lucked out in the review process. Apple reviewed and approved the update in one day. If you're running iOS 8+ version 1.0.3 is available and fixes the Bluetooth connectivity issue.
                      Fuuuu i forgot about this -__-
                      next paycheck im ordering one man. one of the biggest things i'm looking forward to in my build
                      '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                      '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
                      Is that thing on air?

Comment

Originally posted by ToPLeSS(e30)FeinD View Post
                        Fuuuu i forgot about this -__-
                        next paycheck im ordering one man. one of the biggest things i'm looking forward to in my build
                        Right on man, plenty in stock and more being built every month so no rush, they'll be available when you're ready.

Comment

I finally finished the udpate for iOS charting/datalogging. Here's some pics from my iPhone 4s in landscape (dual chart +volts) and portrait (quad chart + volts) with some made up data:

It supports up to an hour of recording data that you can swipe back through and review. Pinch to zoom in or out, pause/play to reset the screen to the default view. The chart will resize based on the data that is sent from the Chariot Gauge controller. Tap a data point when paused to see what the actual value is on the data labels at the top. I submitted the update to Apple, should be available sometime this upcoming week for anyone with the iOS app!

Comment

Here's what the iPad version looks like, just for shits:

Comment

Looking great. Can't wait to rock this
                              Turbo M50 4 Door Build thread here 4 Sale thread

Comment

It took 8 days this time but Apple finally approved the v1.1 update for iOS! Should be ready for download for all the apple users that would like to try out charting/datalogging.

Comment

Working...
                                X