GB: CatCams and Valve Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EtaSport View Post
    Anyone got their's installed yet? I'm anxious to hear some results. If not, I should have mine up and running friday evening, and I'll report back.
    I'm still waiting for mine, but I'm also very curious to see what they're like.

Comment

will have mine done in a few weeks. I don't have time to pull my head yet.

Comment

Who all got the 283? I have to say that I feel its going to be WAY too much cam for the m20. I'd like to see the durtation of some shrick cams at .050" to compare it to the catcams. If your not aware, the catcams at .050 is 246 degrees for the 283. I HAVE NOT got the car to idle even with motronic 1.3. I had to crank up the throttle cable off of the idle position on the TPS (so the car wont go into a coast) and that brought the idle up to about 1000. Even there it lopes and wonders and is on the verge of dying. Motor shakes violently and dies if you run lower the idle. My old 274 reground cam would at least idle with the stock settings, and it had a wicked lope.

There is constant surging although I believe the ecu is still trying to adjust. It has been getting slightly better, but throttle response suffered, and the powerband was shifted WAY up. There is NO low end, expect nothing below 2500, and powerband starts around 4k. Overall, if I cant get it to smooth out and run better, the i cam is going back in.
        Old and improved:

Comment

Originally posted by EtaSport View Post
          Who all got the 283? I have to say that I feel its going to be WAY too much cam for the m20. I'd like to see the durtation of some shrick cams at .050" to compare it to the catcams. If your not aware, the catcams at .050 is 246 degrees for the 283. I HAVE NOT got the car to idle even with motronic 1.3. I had to crank up the throttle cable off of the idle position on the TPS (so the car wont go into a coast) and that brought the idle up to about 1000. Even there it lopes and wonders and is on the verge of dying. Motor shakes violently and dies if you run lower the idle. My old 274 reground cam would at least idle with the stock settings, and it had a wicked lope.

There is constant surging although I believe the ecu is still trying to adjust. It has been getting slightly better, but throttle response suffered, and the powerband was shifted WAY up. There is NO low end, expect nothing below 2500, and powerband starts around 4k. Overall, if I cant get it to smooth out and run better, the i cam is going back in.
          Has it settled down? The Catcams are a bit more aggressive than Shrick but any cam at 283 is going to create idle problems.
          Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

I was counting on some idling issues, but not like what it was. I wish I could have tried to run the cam a bit longer and I would have if I was still living at home. I needed the car to run reliably and solid everyday down in baltimore, so I put a stock cam back in. It just didnt have the powerband I needed either with my gearing.

Others might be better off with the b25, since my tired eta motor didnt respond well.
            Old and improved:

Comment

Working...
            X