Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BDSax View Post
    so it doesnt even screw in?
    doesnt have to apparently...it holds itself in place with craftsmenship!
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

thats a really nice piece there. looks like youve also got a nice iX. you should try and market these to the companies that would buy in bigger numbers like bmp or bavauto..

Comment

Originally posted by e30devo View Post
        thats a really nice piece there. looks like youve also got a nice iX. you should try and market these to the companies that would buy in bigger numbers like bmp or bavauto..
        Yep. Or consider outsourcing manufacturing to lower your cost.

Comment

Hi! Well let me see ...

I live in the pacific northwest, where coffee is practically a religion, so I designed it primarily for 2 20oz. coffee cups.

Personally, I drink big americanos and Diet Coke, so I included pictures of those things because they are universally available items that everyone knows the size of so you can get perspective.

A super big gulp fits on the driver side (goes all the way up in front of the bottom of the stereo, those things are HUGE) it barely touches but works no problem. I've put a sobe bottle in both sides, a sobe bottle only goes in about a half inch, so it sticks way up too, but it seems secure and hasn't ever fallen out while I was using it. Snapple should be no problem, those bottles are a lot shorter than the 20 oz. Diet Coke bottle in the pictures, but I haven't tried it.

I haven't tried a large cup from Mcdonald's ... the width at the top wouldn't be a problem (super big gulp fits) but I think the width at the bottom might be too big.

I am building another model with a carbon fiber look finish and big a@@ stainless steel -- wide -- cupholders as a prototype, I'll let you know how that works.

Of course, this thing isn't for everyone. I'm not tryin' to get rich or retire, I just came up with this thing and it works great for me. If you want one too, I'll build you one!

If you drink coffee and drive aggressively, it works great. Seriously, it doesn't need to screw in, it's sitting in a hole and it fits perfectly and snug, it's very secure.

Oh yeah, and the lighter isn't in the way of the shifter at all in first, third or anywhere else. I guess it looks like it's closer in the pictures, but my cell phone adapter is no problem.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by josephwccca View Post
            If you drink coffee and drive aggressively
            How the hell can you drink PNW coffee and NOT drive aggressively?

Fine work, BTW.

Luke

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Thanks, Luke, I appreciate the props!

Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I used to own an aftermaket performance shop in Portland. I had the opportunity to go through Dane Pittaressi's Pro Racing School and spent a lotta hours goin' around the racetrack (sometimes sideways, sometimes backwards, sometimes sliding across the grass!)

I've owned lots of cars and driven hundreds. I've always been a fan but this is my first BMW. I'm lovin' this little thing!

You might appreciate the install on the sound too, We built a panel to insert in the depression in the back deck, so now it's flush and super clean looking. Plus, with that I had the depth to put in 6.5 inch components back there.

Sweeeet.

BTW ... There a lot of beautiful cars here, you guys really rock these things!

Joseph
              http://www.bmwcupholder.com

Comment

I ordered one. It's a little higher prices than the usual hey that's cool I want to try it, but cupholders are going to come in handy for my daily commute.

I've also been needing to fix my cigarette lighter. I can't run my valentine or the cool seat I just received. I figure the time this thing is going to save me from trying to figure out what's up with my lighter, supposed to just be able to swap the wiring harness over, and the fact that I will have 2 sturdy cupholders that look factory.

Eh, it's worth the 84.99 including shipping to find out.

Comment

I like it. It is nice. I want one.... for free.
                  Yours truly,
                  Rich
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Rigmaster
                  you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Working...
                  X