This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Fiber anyone?

Its been a long time guys.... A REAL long time. But I'm back for a while. And I have some new ideas up my sleeve.... I've talked a little with MR 325 about it and before I get anything started I'd like to see what the interest is from you guys.

I have a supplier that makes carbon fiber pieces. He's limited in what he can do because he doesn't have the multimillion dollar molding machines. But he can make anything that can be externally wrapped or overlaid. So I'm here to see what you guys might want as far as parts go. MR 325 pointed out that there are already sunroof deletes available on ebay. From what I've seen of that piece, this guy can make it and at a better price. Would anyone be interested in a piece that allows you take out only the metal slab and still allow use of the sunroof? Also what about mtech I replicas? I can offer these in both CF and fiberglass if interested. Perhaps Ryan G style lip splitters? CF license plate fillers for both facelift and prefacelift cars? Let me know what you guys think as I'm getting together some ideas and sending off parts to him to be molded.

I can't say that I'd ever have enough money to do this anytime soon, but m tech 1, maybe front iS spoiler, plate filler. Basically all this stuff would be mainly cosmetic. If you wanted performance then maybe a nice splitter or rear diffuser, zender rear wing w/ gurney flap, hood, bootlid, sunroof, mirrors.
    Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

ide go for a cf hood and a fiberglass sunroof
      what kinds of prices are we talking?

Comment

I would be interested in a cf plate filler/sunroof/window trim/hood

But depending on price of course.We all aren't ballers here lol..this is r3v remember..haaha
        -Frank
        1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
        1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
        2001 525i

Comment

hook me up with a hood MAX! where have you been?????????????????
          you just straight up disapeared- you scrap yard guy tried to rape me with the prices a few weeks ago too. what you doing tonight?

Comment

Max,

when you say M-Tech 1 replicas - are you talking trunk spoilers?
            Current Cars
            2014 M235i
            2009 R56 Cooper S
            1998 M3
            1997 M3

Comment

A hood I can't get done. He'd need a way to mold the underside to the top and he doesn't have that. I could have just a outside overlay made and you could use hood pins to hold it on but I don't think there'd be any interest in that. The easiest parts will be smaller things. I think the limit would be something the size of a wing or lip.

The mtech I replica will be a wing. All of these prices I'll mention are completely rough and will be able to be changed once he gets an actual feel for what I need done. Just a fiberglass replica would run around 75-100. A carbon overlay on fiberglass looks to be around 150ish. Repeat that process 3 times and that one looks to be around 200-250ish.

The problem with doing an iS lip is that you'd have to figure out a way to attach it. He can make it and keep it relatively cheap (150ish) but there'd be no way to attach it. The lip splitter for it.... not a problem. I've got a Ryan G splitter that I can send him and showed him pictures. he said its not a problem to get that done. Price looks to be around 100 for a full CF piece like that. Plate fillers are a definite. I'm going to try to keep those around the 40 mark, but I think that might be pushing it as CF is WAY more expensive than ABS plastic. All prices are subject to change because all parts are coming from Canada.

Comment

i would be oh so interested in a ryan g IS splitter. aren't they usually made out of abs plastic? i dont care either fiberglass or abs just whatever lasts longer. please please please make splitters.
                Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
                Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

Comment

id love a cf ryan g style splitter. thatd be tits.

Comment

let us know what you can get made max!

I'd be down for a wing, is lip and splitter!

Comment

I would be down for a late plasticbumper plate filler and a ryan g splitter in cf and a sunroof panel assuming it was good and didn't leak

Comment

Originally posted by lordofmpower View Post
                        I would be down for a late plasticbumper plate filler and a ryan g splitter in cf and a sunroof panel assuming it was good and didn't leak
                        +1 I really want to get a Ryan G splitter but he doesn't seem to be making any anytime soon, besides, carbon fiber is WAY cooler. I'd be extremely interested in the above items, I'll forward to an update!
                        '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                        '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by e30devo View Post
                          id love a cf ryan g style splitter. thatd be tits.

Comment

The sunroof panels are going to be one of 2 types. Not sure on what the popularity of them will be..... The first type is one that you delete the whole sunroof.... rails, motor.... EVERYTHING and glue in the CF panel from the underside of the car. That will be the cheapest and most advantageous route. The other will be a piece that will work just like your factory sunroof... except its carbon fiber. This will be a bit more expensive and I'm not 100% sure on if he can get this done or not. I just have to wait and see.

A real world time frame for this stuff to be produced is 1-2 months. I've got to get him the parts and he has to spend some time with them. Shipping from Germany to Canada takes FOREVER so I'm trying to get an idea of what all I need to ship him.

At the moment here's what I think will sell if I can get it to him:

early and late model plate fillers
                            Ryan G style lip splittlers for the iS lips
                            mtech I wing replicas
                            sunroof panels

Any other ideas fellas?

Comment

Also.... I'll throw this out there..... If you have another type of vehicle and you want parts made for it, please feel free to contact me. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X